The ONLY Band Name Thread

PDA

View Full Version : The ONLY Band Name Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

dolphinfan2k5
06-10-2009, 06:19 PM
What do you guys think of the name Avanue?

We play music similar to The Fray, O.A.R., DMB, Fuel, Goo Goo Dolls, Matchbox Twenty, etc.

Backstory: We always drive up to Minnesota to play blackjack, since you only have to be eighteen there, and on the way, we pass a town called Kamrar. We like the name Kamrar and always say it obnoxiously when we pass the sign. After doing a bit of research on the town, I found out that a road that ran through the town was called Railway Avenue. However, on the first town map, it was incorrectly labeled as "Railway Avanue".

Nolifemusician3
06-10-2009, 07:14 PM
ok UG, i need mad help with a band name
my band broke up 3 months ago with the name ENVIRA and that took me forever to come up with
now i really need help
my and my singer dude were going to do something like Sky Eats Airplane, but we decided no.
we are going to do something like the faceless/through the eyes of the dead with some the devil wears prada singing parts
anyone have suggestions?

Baba O'Riley
06-10-2009, 11:48 PM
Okay so here's the deal. We (my band) have been brainstorming for a band name. I know there's alot UGers, but bear with me. I wanted it narrowed down to maybe 10 or so then we'll pick from there. So what do you think?

We Are Robots
Bittersweet is Us
Bright Young Things
Bright Lights
The Silent Type
Lied like a Lawyer
Show a little Backbone
We've Hit Autumn
Place Your Bets
Light Shine In
Shady on this Monument
This Elegant Gentleman
Am I Running Out of Lies?
Running From Lions
Vegas Under Fire
Big Light Show
Liar is my Middlename
My Heart, Your Toy
Some Flat Hills
Small Town Wonder
Sparked some Sympathy
Compass Architecture
The Dirge
Feelings Wasted
Do a Pirouette
All in Pleasure
The Executive Decision
off the top of my head
Exploit the Audio
Diversion of the new day
Last Call Days
The Tempers
This Circuit is Short
Days until Tomorrow

Sorry for so many choices. This is gonna be an indie rock band with some pop punk infuences. Think The Academy Is.. meets Arctic Monkeys.

I like Vegas Under Fire and The Executive Decision best.

Enertia
06-11-2009, 01:46 AM
What do you guys think of the name Avanue?

We play music similar to The Fray, O.A.R., DMB, Fuel, Goo Goo Dolls, Matchbox Twenty, etc.

Backstory: We always drive up to Minnesota to play blackjack, since you only have to be eighteen there, and on the way, we pass a town called Kamrar. We like the name Kamrar and always say it obnoxiously when we pass the sign. After doing a bit of research on the town, I found out that a road that ran through the town was called Railway Avenue. However, on the first town map, it was incorrectly labeled as "Railway Avanue".
That's a nice band name dude

fila_93
06-11-2009, 10:13 AM
What do you think about Antibiotica for a classic rock/heavy metal band? I like it hah :p:

TDG Tabs
06-11-2009, 10:44 PM
Hey guys.

Started a metalcore band last week and we've written 3 songs so far. It isnt strictly a metalcore band ... that's just how our lead guitarist describes the band at the moment. Probably because that's his favorite genre of music to learn.

Working band name is Sharks and Pineapples, we came up with it after arguing about buying paper instead of a laptop, kinda high.

This is a pic, drawn by a friend ... yeh ... just felt like that should be posted.

Any feelings about it? Felt like a good idea to ask the only band name topic to get a reaction to the name.

well.. sharks and pinnapples is a "special" name. lol j/k

i think it would be really good for you guys. i could see that pic on a shirt right now lool.

wardyh
06-12-2009, 02:03 PM
which name sounds coolest:

false widows
lusty glaze
one by one
stacked actors

(we're grungy kind of rock/metal stuff)

sickman411
06-14-2009, 06:36 PM
Lusty Glaze sounds best. I see the last two are Foo Fighters references. Choose them only if you're ok with your band being associated to them inevitably by fans/people in general.

you = fail
06-15-2009, 09:47 PM
What this man said.

Now I have a question of my own, what do you guys think of:
Famous Last Words
for like a progressive/groove-metal/metalcore band (which means basically progressive metal like Mastodon and DT that have groove intros and breakdowns with metalcore vocalist)

d00dz

soja82
06-17-2009, 03:20 AM
my personal favorite

FLAMES OUT AN ASS!!!

ham_man_226
06-18-2009, 12:35 PM
Hey guys, so I've got this metal/progressive metal group going.
We play some pretty heavy stuff mixed with some more "groove" riffs

What do you think of the name "Czar" or "Tsar"?
("Tsar" being the same word just a different spelling)

Any other suggestions?
Thanks guys

you = fail
06-20-2009, 02:33 PM
Hey guys, so I've got this metal/progressive metal group going.
We play some pretty heavy stuff mixed with some more "groove" riffs

What do you think of the name "Czar" or "Tsar"?
("Tsar" being the same word just a different spelling)

Any other suggestions?
Thanks guys
I smell a Mastodon fan....

I think its awesome though

skwelcher
06-22-2009, 03:21 AM
how bout Into The Pit for a metal band name?

Benjami
06-22-2009, 01:20 PM
Hey guys, im getting a band together and theres only me and the bassist now but were motivated and were going for it, looking for a singer and drummer as we speak.
Anyway, we came up with a name and a logo, name: 99 Laps, logo:
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/4442/99lapslogosmall.jpg
My question: Any good?

hugh20
06-25-2009, 08:58 AM
'into the pit' sounds a bit cliched but is pretty good :)

The image doesn't work :\ unless you want a red cross as your logo :p: but '99 laps' sounds like an indie band tbh.

I need a prog/rock/mathcore name for my band, we have 'slight delay' but that's not very good imo. Any ideas for a band that is influenced by Dream Theater and Fall of troy?:cheers:

Benjami
06-25-2009, 02:10 PM
The image doesn't work :\ unless you want a red cross as your logo :p: but '99 laps' sounds like an indie band tbh.

I need a prog/rock/mathcore name for my band, we have 'slight delay' but that's not very good imo. Any ideas for a band that is influenced by Dream Theater and Fall of troy?:cheers:Its more of a hard rock/blues rock band, logo looks kinda like the zz top and early van halen one, oh well :haha:

and i cant really think of a band name for you not really into that stuff as well, somebody help this brother out :cheers:

rtfk101
06-25-2009, 10:59 PM
MY BAND NEEDS A NAME :D

we are deathcore, but we don't want the name to necessarily sound like a metal band name. For example, when you hear "Opeth" or "Gojira" unless you know the band you don't know the genre. Now, when you hear Suicide Silence or Cannibal corpse, you just assume it's metal, and that's not what I want. Does anyone have some ideas? please and thanks

chaimwitz
06-26-2009, 01:27 AM
Hey guys, im getting a band together and theres only me and the bassist now but were motivated and were going for it, looking for a singer and drummer as we speak.

Thats pretty sick, although the only thing i would change is when you attach the L and the 9 it looks like your saying 99 caps, but its still pretty sweet.

rtfk101
06-26-2009, 02:01 PM
reminds me of a nascar videogame
not bad...it just depends on what style you guys are.

Arcane_Echo
06-27-2009, 08:46 PM
What do you guys think of the names(we're a altrock band, border-line metal):

Inflatable Idol
Rejection Heretic
Arcane Echo
Edge of Cross
Pandemic Summer
Kill the Fire
Wandering Rainbows
Chronic Shadows
Awakened Oaths
Chaos Weeping
Beyond Seasonal Remains

thanks for any and all feedback!

Bluestribute
06-29-2009, 02:28 AM

Inflatable Idol
Rejection Heretic
Arcane Echo
Edge of Cross
Pandemic Summer
Kill the Fire
Wandering Rainbows
Chronic Shadows
Awakened Oaths
Chaos Weeping
Beyond Seasonal Remains

Wandering Rainbows :p: but also Beyond Seasonal Remains

What about:

Rustic Nation
The Adventures of Crooked Kid (this has the most meaning)
Three Straight Guys and Scott
Rising Impact
The Starving Furniture Collection
Starved 'Till Dawn

We play rock/metally songs mostly.

Axle543
06-29-2009, 12:22 PM
What about:

Rustic Nation
The Adventures of Crooked Kid (this has the most meaning)
Three Straight Guys and Scott
Rising Impact
The Starving Furniture Collection
Starved 'Till Dawn

We play rock/metally songs mostly.

I think that Starved till Dawmn is the best, but something that has meaning would be more interesting.
my band plays rock/alt/indie/punk and so far we have:
Audio Anonymous
Alcatraz Confessionals
Stairwell Junkies
Among the Enemy
repeatrepeat
Strangers Among Bears
The Great Paper Clip Smash Up of '73 (haha)

thanks!

intentionsthere
06-29-2009, 12:29 PM

Inflatable Idol
Rejection Heretic
Arcane Echo
Edge of Cross
Pandemic Summer
Kill the Fire
Wandering Rainbows
Chronic Shadows
Awakened Oaths
Chaos Weeping
Beyond Seasonal Remains

You used an online band name generator didn't you :p If you didn't they look exactly like the type of name that you'd get from them.

Arcane_Echo
06-29-2009, 01:50 PM
You used an online band name generator didn't you :p If you didn't they look exactly like the type of name that you'd get from them.

No, actually those names are all original :P.

jackblackyeah17
07-01-2009, 12:33 AM
Ok which one:
Quicksand Inc,

Once You Start

The Front Yards

The Anonymous Jugglers

Me and my band's name suggestions.

Rock&RollStar
07-01-2009, 05:03 PM
I need to know what you think of my Band Name. If Not, any suggestions would be great,

We're called Dont Pay the Ransom and we play indie, alternative and rock. Check the link in my profile if you want to know more about our influences.

cxrlxscr
07-01-2009, 09:05 PM
Any suggestions for a band name? At the moment we're a garage/indie/alternative band, we implement the piano a lot, if that helps. Preferably a one-word name, but anything's welcome.

saul-huds0n
07-02-2009, 12:11 PM
Hey guys,
What do you think of 'Gift from a Thief' as a band name?

Suav Nitebeest
07-03-2009, 11:53 AM
Any suggestions for a band name? At the moment we're a garage/indie/alternative band, we implement the piano a lot, if that helps. Preferably a one-word name, but anything's welcome.

Out of Nowhere.

But that's three words.

So how about Role Model? Dammit, that's two.

Savory?

Wretched_Spawn
07-05-2009, 03:03 PM
I have some name ideas for a melodic battle/power metal band
IceWind
WinterHeart
ThunderCross

which is better?

Iron Disturbia
07-05-2009, 03:36 PM
How does the name "halcyon" sound for a band? The genres would range from Progressive Metal, Post-Metal, Death Metal, Thrash Metal, Power Metal and a hint of Folk Metal. The name kind of describes my personality (and I'm the only member of this band. It's like a solo project), I'm kind of serene and always calm. It is also ironic, because while it describes the main stye, Prog and post both of which are generally gentle, there is also a harsh side to the music.

Bubbles203
07-05-2009, 03:38 PM
How does the name "halcyon" sound for a band? The genres would range from Progressive Metal, Post-Metal, Death Metal, Thrash Metal, Power Metal and a hint of Folk Metal. The name kind of describes my personality (and I'm the only member of this band. It's like a solo project), I'm kind of serene and always calm. It is also ironic, because while it describes the main stye, Prog and post both of which are generally gentle, there is also a harsh side to the music.

Isn't Halcion like xanax?

I suppose it would be a good name, if your not doing excessively harsh stuff.

Iron Disturbia
07-05-2009, 03:45 PM
Isn't Halcion like xanax?

I suppose it would be a good name, if your not doing excessively harsh stuff.
Halcyon is an adjective that describes things as peaceful, serene and calm. I heard that word reading a Wikipedia article on Isis. The harsh stuff comes in some riffs and in some vocals, much like Isis is. But not a total rip off. The music is going to be somewhat experimental too.

Warwolt
07-06-2009, 07:12 PM
Hey guys,
What do you think of 'Gift from a Thief' as a band name?

CompleTELY depends on the genre.

I'm in a metalband/experimental, we've named ourselves Mino Monkeysphere.

saul-huds0n
07-07-2009, 07:39 AM
CompleTELY depends on the genre.

I'm in a metalband/experimental, we've named ourselves Mino Monkeysphere.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that. We're an Alternative Rock band with a hint of Funk and RATM :peace:

ultrasonic
07-07-2009, 05:00 PM
Jam Stickz

Arcane_Echo
07-07-2009, 05:07 PM
Kind of a weak name^^^ I personally think that any names that anything to do with music, and kind of redundant. To me, with any of those names, you might just as well call yourself: "people playing music" :P just my two cents.

Warwolt
07-07-2009, 05:57 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that. We're an Alternative Rock band with a hint of Funk and RATM :peace:

Gift from a Thief actually sort of got the same tone as Rage against the Machine, probably due to the four-word spelling. But its still not in a rip-off way so, go for it.

megagage
07-08-2009, 03:50 AM
We are range from rock to metacore and everything in between(no screaming, its a rule) Id describe us as Red Hot Chili Peppers +A7X+Pantera+Pearl Jam
We have a pretty good library of songs just one thing, WE NEED A NAME!
This has been the hard part for us
Our Last name was CellBorn, I wanted a simple meaning with a cool way of saying it, we all came from cells. simple, then everyone decided they didnt like it after a week, so back to square one

I like catchy one word names like pantera, sublime, etc I like long ones as long as they have one big message like RHCP SOAD and RATM

Any Suggestions?

Also heres some previous names, do you guys think any of these are good?

CellBorn
Ankou
RattleBone
SkinWalker
SteelBorn
Godsys
Havex
Exiters
Red Fortune/ Red Tower

Suav Nitebeest
07-08-2009, 11:33 AM
I have some name ideas for a melodic battle/power metal band
IceWind
WinterHeart
ThunderCross

which is better?

How about Die in a Fire?

Wretched_Spawn
07-08-2009, 02:35 PM
^fail

Phantom123
07-08-2009, 03:58 PM
McDougan.

We play Classic-to-hard rock. Our insignia is a scotsman riding a polar bear (Originally woulda been McDougan the Bipolar bear). Name came about sheerly from a naming-idea session, where we thought it was hilarious, but easy to remember

RockPick
07-08-2009, 04:07 PM
For a band that play a style of music from Guns N' Roses to Motley Crue (I would say hard rock but thats not what I'm thinking) which name is most fitting?

Apostolite
Steel
Likwid Steel
Tech

I'm having a hard idea deciding.

herman ri2
07-08-2009, 04:21 PM
^fail

You act like an immature dick, that is a guarantee you aren't going to get any help anymore.

Phantom123
07-08-2009, 05:42 PM
For a band that play a style of music from Guns N' Roses to Motley Crue (I would say hard rock but thats not what I'm thinking) which name is most fitting?

Apostolite
Steel
Likwid Steel
Tech

I'm having a hard idea deciding.

I'd say no to Likwid... I know what it's a wordplay on, but wierd spellings seem to make it difficult for audiences to look you up if all they hear is your name at a gig. Tech works (Albeit a bit simple) as does Steel. Apostolite sounds cool, kinda metallish

Suav Nitebeest
07-08-2009, 07:19 PM
^fail

To each his own.

EDIT: My point is (I'm not even going to comment on the genre), have you ever heard of Megadeth, Finntroll, Wintersun, Dethklok ("Thunderhorse"?), Whitesnake, Dr. Dre, Nightwish, Hawkwind, etc. etc. etc.? It's a tired formula (but at least Wintersun did it right and picked two words that were related and sounded good together).

drummersRsmart
07-09-2009, 09:57 AM
Rate The Waffles please.
:p: :liplick: :liplick: :liplick:

Phantom123
07-09-2009, 02:31 PM
^Delicious.

mybandsuks_15
07-09-2009, 07:04 PM
Some Death Metal band stole our name, A Fatal Affair, so everyone's decided to just change it.

Right now we're looking at

Dissonant Truth
A Fatal Masquerade
Crestfallen Men
Unopened Letters

What does everyone think? (We don't really have a defined sound yet, I just call us Aggresive Rock if that helps)

I am an idiot
07-09-2009, 11:39 PM
Thrash Till Death?

{MetalShredder}
07-10-2009, 02:33 AM
Basilisk
Second death
Darkest death

DaVinci95
07-10-2009, 03:15 PM
Rate The Waffles please.
:p: :liplick: :liplick: :liplick:

Rate The Waffles :headbang:

Kind of like Rage Against The Machine, but different.

PunkRockv2
07-10-2009, 10:00 PM
We are a pop/punk/alternative band.

Shinobi District
Vampire Republic
Deaf, Blind, and Dorky
You best emo friend
Straight as a rainbow.

jking948
07-11-2009, 11:41 AM
hey do you guys like the band name CC Fusion, the previous name was Sweaty Lettuce but I just wanna know is CC Fusion a good enough name to get people interested, creativity is important, Sweaty Lettuce wasn't good enough I guess...

herrotim
07-13-2009, 07:27 PM
hey do you guys like the band name CC Fusion, the previous name was Sweaty Lettuce but I just wanna know is CC Fusion a good enough name to get people interested, creativity is important, Sweaty Lettuce wasn't good enough I guess...

CC Fusion is a badass name...wat do yall play?

What about Crystal Cross for an Alternative/hard rock/blues band?
I realize it sounds christian but that just makes for more controversy, which is always fun...

jking948
07-15-2009, 08:51 AM
CC Fusion is a badass name...wat do yall play?

What about Crystal Cross for an Alternative/hard rock/blues band?
I realize it sounds christian but that just makes for more controversy, which is always fun...
alright, thanks man, well my other guitar player likes to say we only play classic rock, but we are playing songs that were released last year, it is more of a hard rock genre, almost a half step below metal. We play, Zep, Ozzy, Skid Row, .38 Special, GNR, RHCP, type music.

Gerbs
07-16-2009, 09:17 AM
Shinobi District
Vampire Republic
Deaf, Blind, and Dorky
You best emo friend
Straight as a rainbow.

That one's my favourite. The rest sound too gimmicky in my opinion, and that one's got a ring to it.

What are anyone's thoughts on All But Forgotten as a band name for a rock/metal type band?

Pagan_Angel
07-16-2009, 12:24 PM
Some Death Metal band stole our name, A Fatal Affair, so everyone's decided to just change it.

Right now we're looking at

Dissonant Truth
A Fatal Masquerade
Crestfallen Men
Unopened Letters

What does everyone think? (We don't really have a defined sound yet, I just call us Aggresive Rock if that helps)
The first two are wuite good imo

DoomsdayArsenal
07-17-2009, 03:55 PM
i like Abhorration better but they both kind of sound like gibberish...

My band plays immature type songs like Bloodhound Gang.
What is better?

Hand Full of Fries
Episode of Chicken Wings :bonk:

There's a Sergio Leone western film entitled A Fistfull of Dynamite.

I propose: A Fistfull of Firecrackers.

Laiho13
07-17-2009, 06:02 PM
How would you guys rate the name " Primal Souls" we kinda play metal...not very specific on the subgenres...basically everything we like d:

thehungry006
07-19-2009, 10:07 PM
my band is grunge/punk
were looking at:
The littlest hobo
The hungry
Defective Caffeine

Suav Nitebeest
07-20-2009, 01:34 AM
There's a Sergio Leone western film entitled A Fistfull of Dynamite.

I propose: A Fistfull of Firecrackers.

I'm not trying to disagree or get into a debate here, but fyi, A Fistful of Dollars (the Clint Eastwood western) was released first, Fistful of Dynamite was actually an alternate title for the Leone film, which came out a decade later.

Its original English name was Duck, You Sucker! Doesn't sound quite as good as a band name...

you = fail
07-20-2009, 01:38 AM
I'm sorta in a like Prog-core band. We're defintely different, so names please:
No generic metal names; names like As Bloods Runs Black/Suicide Silence/Necrophagist are like typical metal names. Were thinking:
Acedia
Persona
Being and Becoming
Havoc&Harmony

Any suggestions/opinions?

Arcane_Echo
07-20-2009, 02:14 AM
The best of those is Acedia.

Some names I'd liked to see but don't fit my band are: The Academy of Apathy(TAOA), Driven by Apathy, and Vampires from Space. :P

DoomsdayArsenal
07-20-2009, 02:44 PM
I'm not trying to disagree or get into a debate here, but fyi, A Fistful of Dollars (the Clint Eastwood western) was released first, Fistful of Dynamite was actually an alternate title for the Leone film, which came out a decade later.

Its original English name was Duck, You Sucker! Doesn't sound quite as good as a band name...

Yes, I knew all of that thanks. I'm a HUGE Leone fan, I was just getting my idea across in a away easy to understand. I own all of those films, and I agree that Duck, You Sucker! as well as A Fistful of Dynamite are both horrific titles for fantastic films.

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly is the best film ever made.

Alex Vik
07-21-2009, 07:01 AM
Well, ****. Our band decided to go by my idea of a band name, which was Unsaid, but that's been taken by another band. They even have their own website.

The lead guitarist's idea was Headshot, and the drummer/rhythm guitarist's idea was Epic Arsenal.

I can't think of a good name now. Anyone got any ideas?

ChucklesMginty
07-22-2009, 01:25 PM
Hey band name thread.

I'm starting a speed metal band.
Clean vocals, but still heavy. We want a simple name no more than two words.. Nothing too cringey.

We kinda like the word 'metropolis' but we'd have to add to it. Seeing as there hundreds of bands on MySpace with that name. And it's a Dream Theater song.
Any help, we're really bad at this...

Arcane_Echo
07-22-2009, 04:19 PM
-Screaming Metropolis
-Eighth Metropolis
-Acting Metropolis

For any other ones try: http://www.bandnamemaker.com/generator/?cw=metropolis&submit.x=36&submit.y=33

And change up the names to better suit you.

ChucklesMginty
07-22-2009, 05:18 PM
-Screaming Metropolis
-Eighth Metropolis
-Acting Metropolis

For any other ones try: http://www.bandnamemaker.com/generator/?cw=metropolis&submit.x=36&submit.y=33

And change up the names to better suit you.

We decided it's too long a word now XD.

It doesn't exactly trip of the tongue. This is really hard.. The rest of the guys are pretty good with lyrics, so this seems weird.

Arcane_Echo
07-23-2009, 02:07 AM
We decided it's too long a word now XD.

It doesn't exactly trip of the tongue. This is really hard.. The rest of the guys are pretty good with lyrics, so this seems weird.

Well, that's the way it goes. I write all the lyrics for my band and still have trouble finding a name everyone likes, we've already gone 5+ but only gigged with 2 names :p:

andychalmers102
07-23-2009, 12:59 PM
Please rate the following names for an alternative/indie rock group:

New Profit
Riot on Broadway
Melophobia
Skeleton Symphony
Cyanide Collective

porcupine31
07-23-2009, 02:13 PM
which sounds best "watch it ignite", "streets on fire" or "modest lake"

nadia.chapko
07-23-2009, 03:32 PM
Some of these might be taken; I don't know. But what do you guys think of:

Paradox
Lucid Dream/ing
Windows to the Soul
Dream Walker

ALiFe
07-23-2009, 03:53 PM
What do you guys think about 'Bouncing Betty'? It's the name of a (punk)rock/metal band I might join.

TheLetheProject
07-24-2009, 11:24 PM
which sounds best "watch it ignite", "streets on fire" or "modest lake"
Watch It Ignite

@nadia.chapko: All of those seem rather...generic. Try to come up with less common words in order to convey your point. I think I've heard all of those names used as a band/song name.

@alife: It doesn't really seem to convey any kind of point, except for something sexual. But personally, I don't think the band name should convince you or prevent you from joining a band.

Okay, I had nearly set in stone my user name (The Lethe Project) as my band name for a long time. However, I researched, and discovered that the name is taken. I need help thinking of another name. My band will likely play progressive rock/metal. So far, I've thought of "First United Cemetery Alliance." What does UG think?

benman7
07-24-2009, 11:39 PM
One of my bands is called adversary of dawn which i think is sick, if you wanna check it out its www.myspace.com/adversaryofdawn7, but my other band is a stoner metal band and we had a few names
stoned
toxic funeral
wasted
cronikush (haha)
a few other wierd ones but we setteled on
[B][I][U]UNDER THE INFLUENCE

ChucklesMginty
07-25-2009, 08:53 AM
What do you guys think about 'Bouncing Betty'? It's the name of a (punk)rock/metal band I might join.

That. Is. Awesome.

It would be better for Funk Rock though. Like RHCP kind of stuff.

Some of these might be taken; I don't know. But what do you guys think of:

Paradox - Not very original, almost definitely taken.
Lucid Dream/ing - Doesn't really trip of the tongue + not too original
Windows to the Soul - Too long, again more like a song title.
Dream Walker - Seems like your best bet

Your best bet is to search on MySpace if you're wondering if a name's taken.

ALiFe
07-25-2009, 12:45 PM
@alife: It doesn't really seem to convey any kind of point, except for something sexual. But personally, I don't think the band name should convince you or prevent you from joining a band.

That's not why I asked it. :p:
I'm just not really fond of the name, and just wanted to know whether I should consider telling them.
But apparently they don't really care about it, and I can always make suggestions.

Donswald
07-26-2009, 01:12 PM
What do you guys think of "Mayor Iguana" for a punk band? It's meant to be suggestive of 'marijuana.'

DoomsdayArsenal
07-28-2009, 03:26 PM
Do you guys like my band's name, Doomsday Arsenal? We're a straight rock n roll band, along the lines of my huge influence Audioslave and others such as Incubus, Pink Floyd, and U2, Coldplay, etc.

the NAB
07-28-2009, 11:46 PM
is, One Last Time ,or, For One Last Time a good band name for a metal/metalcore band

Havoc69
07-29-2009, 06:46 PM
Im gonna start a Punk rock/Pop Punk/Punk Metal band,in all sense a punk rock band injected with pop and heavy/thrash metal.Any name suggestions,i like the word circus,and masquerade and names related to those things,and fancy words lol anythings fine though.

EDIT:I think i might name it Rasengan!!!,just because i love saying the word.

powerpiker
07-30-2009, 02:32 AM
need name for progressive metal/ melodic metal band
something unique would be nice
not too br00t4lZ
are songs use both clean and distortion parts
clean vox with some screaming (if that helps at all)

Warwolt
07-30-2009, 05:14 AM
What do you guys think of "Mayor Iguana" for a punk band? It's meant to be suggestive of 'marijuana.'

Sounds cool. Like, "President Iguana" Or just mayor as in "majority"?

Havoc69
07-30-2009, 03:28 PM

I think Mary Juana is more suggestive to marijuana.Juanas a name is spanish speakign countries

Gerbs
07-31-2009, 01:04 PM
What are anyone's thoughts on All But Forgotten as a band name for a rock/metal type band?

Are we allowed to post overlooked names in this thread? : )

DrDeathjeans
08-03-2009, 12:37 AM
Well my bands name is whatever we feel like at the moment. Such as:
-Pretty Pink Prancing Ponies
-Northern Cumshot on the Breeze
-Harry Potter and the Gay Fighter Pilot, feat. DemonFace

and on a serious note -Aftermath (of Today)

How you rate them jems? XD

DrDeathjeans
08-03-2009, 12:39 AM
Oh ya we play Metal/Prog Metal...trying for an epic feel

ATXTheKiller
08-04-2009, 01:58 PM
Orange Innocence (or Innocent) is one that I've been thinking about. Either that or Hallows.

TruckdriverBob
08-04-2009, 02:35 PM
Stanley and the Stapling Staplers!

AngelOfHatred
08-04-2009, 02:37 PM
My band's considering the name Phase Three Prophets. How's that sounds? It's a reference to the underpants gnomes by the way.

mrawesome2142
08-07-2009, 05:58 PM
Hey UG,
We've gone through several names, and would like to settle on a final one.
Our first was Chaos Theory, which was my favorite, but it was already taken by several fairly well known bands in other areas, so we got rid of it. Currently, we're called Amidst the Ashes. I sort of like it, but it doesn't flow very well, and it sounds more like a punk/emo name to me.
I guess you could call us Prog Rock, with influences from Muse and Dream Theater, going for epic style neo-classical stuff. I'm looking for a name right now based on "____ Theory" or "____ Effect". Any suggestions? It would preferably have roots in some scientific principles or be related, not just random words, and I want it to sound like a good strong name, not something you'd mistake for another or forget.
Thanks in advance :)

-mikki6-
08-07-2009, 08:35 PM
What do you guys think the best name out of these for a rock band would be(play like GN'R covers and eventually some originals):

Not likely
whacked
craise
yakuza(meaning ink/tattoo)

boredomisakille
08-09-2009, 12:43 AM
We are currently a band named Mad Anthony. A name which i dont like and have a chance to change. We came down to four other decisions. Silent Revolt (or One Click Revolt), Cobalt Flames and Madness Understood. We are alternative rock. Which out of the original and the suggetions is best? :confused:

boredomisakille
08-09-2009, 12:59 AM
What do you guys think the best name out of these for a rock band would be(play like GN'R covers and eventually some originals):

Not likely
whacked
craise
yakuza(meaning ink/tattoo)

i like Not Likely best it just has a ring to it

Lchoke
08-11-2009, 12:49 PM
im making an 80s thrash metal band...names? i was thinking Killing Time or Kill
othersuggestions plz pm me?

Spachula
08-11-2009, 10:06 PM
Need a band name with the word bear in it or referring to bears!

We play pretty much metal and rock.

Out_of_Utero
08-12-2009, 12:31 AM
We are currently a band named Mad Anthony. A name which i dont like and have a chance to change. We came down to four other decisions. Silent Revolt (or One Click Revolt), Cobalt Flames and Madness Understood. We are alternative rock. Which out of the original and the suggetions is best? :confused:
Silent Revolt sounds best.

Hey UG,
Our first was Chaos Theory, which was my favorite, but it was already taken by several fairly well known bands in other areas, so we got rid of it. Currently, we're called Amidst the Ashes. I sort of like it, but it doesn't flow very well, and it sounds more like a punk/emo name to me.
I guess you could call us Prog Rock, with influences from Muse and Dream Theater, going for epic style neo-classical stuff. I'm looking for a name right now based on "____ Theory" or "____ Effect". Any suggestions? It would preferably have roots in some scientific principles or be related, not just random words, and I want it to sound like a good strong name, not something you'd mistake for another or forget.
Have you ever heard of the Milgram Experiment?

mrawesome2142
08-12-2009, 08:03 PM
I had to look up the Milgram Experiment to jog my memory, but I remember reading about it a while back. Pretty interesting, but I wouldn't want specifically that as a band name.

boredomisakille
08-13-2009, 07:51 PM
[QUOTE=Out_of_Utero]Silent Revolt sounds best.

thanks for the help

[[BurnTheDusk]]
08-14-2009, 12:22 PM
How does this sound for a Shoegaze band?

A Whitenoise Quartet

mrawesome2142
08-16-2009, 12:05 PM
]']How does this sound for a Shoegaze band?

A Whitenoise Quartet
I'd prefer just Whitenoise Quartet, but I like the name.

Boss61607
08-16-2009, 05:00 PM
my band is a pop-punk four piece
does the name "Broken Skylight" sound too hardcore?
it's supposed to mean when the sun burns out

Jonny Ryan Mac
08-18-2009, 12:03 AM
Sounds cool.

Ive got a few to rant.

Underneath it All
Hollatchaboi
"Were all gonna get Laid"
Silverback
Bigfoot
Break the System
Dissonance

ColeØATH
08-18-2009, 02:44 AM
Well,
I'm in two bands currently (One that is quite successful so far,a dn another I am just forming, both which play metalcore type music)
My first band was called "A Stranglehold On Yesterday" But it was changed to " Red Is The Sea"
and my second band is going to be called "Kill The Messenger"

Some other ideas I had that are open for use:
Lost In Revelation
Broken Stature
Good Evening, Miss
Lenore
The Raven's Eye
May She Rest
Fear The Shadows
Behind Her Eyes
A Cold Regret
Shame Lies In Her Hands
A Scarlet Desire

Mostly those names would be good for any band that plays a heavier type of music, deathcore, metalcore, experimental, whatever....
I also haven't checked any of those names, there might be bands that exist already with those names

GannonBracewell
08-18-2009, 02:47 AM
Mine is 'Shake and Bake'

Were an neo-classical/thrash metal band. Kinda like Cacophony.

triggerhappy19
08-18-2009, 03:33 AM
Terrella or Aurora?

joelJURASSIC
08-18-2009, 11:57 PM
do you guys like apologetic perfection?

just thought it up, googled it, and nothing came up.

dickjohnson69
08-20-2009, 12:26 AM
Would the Incandescents or Toxic Vagrant work for a punk band?

Jonny Ryan Mac
08-24-2009, 02:39 AM
do you guys like apologetic perfection?

just thought it up, googled it, and nothing came up.

Its definitly an oxymoron, if thats what your after. It has a certian ring to it, but it doesn't convey a message like some do, for example, I have no idea what genre this could be, cept maybe punk, and that might be a strectch, sounds emo to me. Which is cool, I love emo music, but is that what your after.

What do you play?

drummersRsmart
08-26-2009, 01:26 PM
Would the Incandescents or Toxic Vagrant work for a punk band?
Both of them sound nice, actually.

We've been thinking about changing our band name.
(it wasn't meant to be permanent anyway)
We play alternative rock/ grunge
And after a little bit of thinking we came up with these atrocities:

Katalpa (it's the name of a tree :p: )

Static Sound

Black Pete (does that sound racist?)

White spirit (the paint remover)

Which one do you like best?

TubeAmp89
08-27-2009, 04:06 PM
^Static Sound IMO.

Okay, we play Progressive/Technical Thrash...
I thought of the following:
Project Redshift(a bit lame)
Jetlag
Neural Shock
Thermal Shockwave

what do you think?

KoenDercksen
08-27-2009, 04:17 PM
Neural Shock!!!

isabiggles
08-27-2009, 05:31 PM
^Static Sound IMO.

Okay, we play Progressive/Technical Thrash...
I thought of the following:
Project Redshift(a bit lame)
Jetlag
Neural Shock
Thermal Shockwave

what do you think?

Anything with project in it should be spat on and thrown out.
Jetlag's a bit silly to be honest... it's not very metal, it basically says 'i'm a bit sleepy because i'm not from this time zone'.
Neural Shock's nice actually.. I like that the best out of all of them.
Thermal Shockwave sounds far too warm :p:

herman ri2
08-27-2009, 07:59 PM
Looking for a Progressive name for a progessive death metal band.

Jonny Ryan Mac
08-27-2009, 09:05 PM
Looking for a Progressive name for a progessive death metal band.

Ash Wednesday

Hagakure (Japanese for "In the Shadow of Leaves) - It is the recorded code of the Samurai

Shogun

The River Styx

Stormfront

The Road Less Traveled

Nevertheless

Hadjzaduhl - (Umlat the U) a name of a fictonal character I made up once.

Bannock Burn - A great battle in scotland, circa 1400ish???

York Rising

Chieftian

I can keep going........

Suav Nitebeest
08-28-2009, 08:22 AM
The River Styx

It sounds better if you just shorten it to Styx :D

TubeAmp89
08-28-2009, 09:23 AM
Anything with project in it should be spat on and thrown out.
Jetlag's a bit silly to be honest... it's not very metal, it basically says 'i'm a bit sleepy because i'm not from this time zone'.
Neural Shock's nice actually.. I like that the best out of all of them.
Thermal Shockwave sounds far too warm :p:

:haha:

Thanks a lot man!!
I'll go with Neural Shock!!
:)

Warwolt
08-29-2009, 11:54 AM

Uh, what about Theory Effect?

basilbrush
08-30-2009, 10:26 AM
I'm looking for comments on Sherpa Radio please. We're a 4-piece Indie rock/britpop band

skwelcher
08-30-2009, 10:14 PM
i like the name thrown to the wolves for a thrash metal band. what you guys think?

Jonny Ryan Mac
08-31-2009, 02:59 PM
I'm looking for comments on Sherpa Radio please. We're a 4-piece Indie rock/britpop band

Makes me think of Guerilla Radio! Turn that S*** up!

Sherpa Radio huh? I would remeber that, thats for sure. Whats wrong with just Sherpa? That has a sort of ring to it, but hey, you werent looking for a change right?

Should do you fin, I suppose.

D-Fraz96
08-31-2009, 04:53 PM
Why did my old thread get closed? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1192314
I can't even add a pole in this thread.... :angry:

shmikeyboy
09-01-2009, 05:12 PM
Hey UG,

Coriolis Effect?

(that plughole thingy)

AFDGuitarist
09-01-2009, 06:06 PM
Okay, our band name is All Falls Down. When I looked it up, there's already a band named All Falls Down in the Sweden area. They look like they have had alot of gigs and are going to do alot more. We've done one show in Augusta. Is it okay to keep our name or should we change it?

Gessu
09-02-2009, 12:56 AM
What about Dropped to Death or just Drop Dead? (We play death and dark metal

Entrophist
09-02-2009, 01:12 AM
How does "internal" sound for a progressive/groove metal band? maybe with some suffix or prefix in latin? maybe something with an 'æ'?

Help, I need somebody ♫♪

Rocka4Jesus
09-02-2009, 03:47 AM
What do u all think of inside joke as a name.

I'mDesigner
09-04-2009, 07:02 AM
the once and future strangers
OR
camping with bears
OR
between trains. we have a similiar sound to qotsa

sfaune92
09-04-2009, 07:19 AM
Okay, our band name is All Falls Down. When I looked it up, there's already a band named All Falls Down in the Sweden area. They look like they have had alot of gigs and are going to do alot more. We've done one show in Augusta. Is it okay to keep our name or should we change it?

Change It

I'mDesigner
09-04-2009, 07:33 AM

my friend has just made myself aware of the anti "flaming" rule so ill be as nice as possible. its terrible, rethink, how about rocket for jesus? i got it from ur username ;)

partyhard
09-04-2009, 08:49 AM
How about Electric Madness

random-emo-kill
09-04-2009, 03:59 PM
i need a good name for a death metal band, especially after my old band went mallcore crap (we were a cannibal corpse tribute band...and then we got our rythm guitarist...ugh) and i quit with the bassist to start our own band, and we were thinking something along the lines of "tonight i die" or "carniverous disease"

Suav Nitebeest
09-04-2009, 05:53 PM
Found out the name I wanted (Blacktop) is already taken, so I'm thinking of new ones. The songs are somewhere around hard rock or alternative, like a mix of Helmet, Filter, Glassjaw, and Nirvana.

My ideas so far are Turned Out, Gray Skies, Driven, Echo Chamber, and Static Friend. Any feedback would help.

Entrophist
09-04-2009, 06:16 PM
i need a good name for a death metal band, especially after my old band went mallcore crap (we were a cannibal corpse tribute band...and then we got our rythm guitarist...ugh) and i quit with the bassist to start our own band, and we were thinking something along the lines of "tonight i die" or "carniverous disease"

BLIND BUTCHER ftw
um... pus rain, cadaverousel, eye+vomiters

can anyone give me a hand too? (previous page)

Mr.Cuddles
09-04-2009, 07:32 PM
Found out the name I wanted (Blacktop) is already taken, so I'm thinking of new ones. The songs are somewhere around hard rock or alternative, like a mix of Helmet, Filter, Glassjaw, and Nirvana.

My ideas so far are Turned Out, Gray Skies, Driven, Echo Chamber, and Static Friend. Any feedback would help.
the last 2 are pretty cool.

skwelcher
09-05-2009, 01:03 AM
what do you think of the band name thrown to the wolves as a thrash/death metal band name

random-emo-kill
09-05-2009, 10:39 AM
what do you think of the band name thrown to the wolves as a thrash/death metal band name
luv it man sick name

All At Once
09-05-2009, 02:04 PM

I think that's great, man. I really like band names that you hear and you're like, wait, there's gotta be somethin behind that. Like String Cheese incident or somethin' ridiculous. Go for it. =)

Suav Nitebeest
09-05-2009, 02:48 PM
How does "internal" sound for a progressive/groove metal band? maybe with some suffix or prefix in latin? maybe something with an 'æ'?

Help, I need somebody ♫♪

"Internal" sounds like it would work as part of a two-word name, but it's a bit odd by itself imo. I was going to say "æternal" but according to lastfm some obscure metal band already took that name. A few I got from an online generator: Internal Firm, Under Internal, Internal Immortal, and of course Internal Flock Of The Societal Popsicle :D

[[BurnTheDusk]]
09-08-2009, 06:26 PM
How is "A Whitenoise Quartet" for a Ambient Experimental?

Nick_WooHoo
09-09-2009, 11:10 AM
]']How is "A Whitenoise Quartet" for a Ambient Experimental?
I think it's a good name (asuming your band is a four-piece)
Which name is better for a grunge/hard-rock/metal band...
Plague of Humans
All Lost Hopes
or
Another One and Only

joehhy
09-09-2009, 05:48 PM
Alt. rock band, needs a name. I have nowhere to start from.

We've covered Today by Smashing Pumpkins, and Dramamine by Modest Mouse, and plan to cover the likes of Weezer, Green Day, Liquido, and Radiohead in the future. We also write originals.

RockurSocks132
09-10-2009, 06:28 PM
Some other ideas I had that are open for use:
Lost In Revelation
Broken Stature
Good Evening, Miss
Lenore
The Raven's Eye
May She Rest
Fear The Shadows
Behind Her Eyes
A Cold Regret
Shame Lies In Her Hands
A Scarlet Desire
can i steal Scarlet Desire? my band cant think of a decent name and that is awesome :D we play rock and metal and i think thatll go well with our sound

Take This Life
09-11-2009, 08:41 PM
So, my band needs a name. We play Post-Hardcore/Metalcore stuff
Our choices are:

Beneath a Thousand Suns
On the Shoulders of Giants
In Faith, We Fall
We Have the Stars
As Summers Die
10,000 Dreams
Hello Gorgeous

Any suggestions?

MetalCro
09-12-2009, 05:21 PM
what do you guys think about

Trident

for a thrash metal band?

herman ri2
09-12-2009, 05:39 PM
what do you guys think about

Trident

for a thrash metal band?

How about Antisthenes?

mikeYekim
09-12-2009, 06:05 PM
I came up with a few band names for my band (obviously..) and my keyboardist keeps telling me that they "sound like song names, BUT they're really good" which IMO i think is utter crap.

here are the names:
Obsidian Skies
Odium
Gates of Despair

Callum_29
09-15-2009, 02:16 PM
I came up with a few band names for my band (obviously..) and my keyboardist keeps telling me that they "sound like song names, BUT they're really good" which IMO i think is utter crap.

here are the names:
Obsidian Skies
Odium
Gates of Despair

Take it you play metal yeah?

If so I wouldn't go with any of them.....every metal band has names like that now and its just too cliched, but its up to you

And Anyone got any decent suggestions for a Rock band? - I say rock cos we'll play anything from Led Zep to The Kinks to The Libertines to GnR to Katy Perry to Ratm, so really ANYTHING apart from scremo/nu metalish stuff.

Possible names....
Second Base
Hanley29

but really they're just sort of joke names that no ones taking too seriously, so any suggestions will do?

diminishedtobme
09-16-2009, 09:45 AM
Would "realm without time nor space" be a good name for a band with a suffocating errie sound. Also would the "nor" be redundant?

ledzephed
09-16-2009, 11:14 AM
k so does anyone think that the name the backseatsmen is a good name?
cause thats the name of my band.

hauntu4ever
09-16-2009, 03:03 PM
Would "realm without time nor space" be a good name for a band with a suffocating errie sound. Also would the "nor" be redundant?

well, it seems too long for me, but if you like it, go ahead :D

for the "nor", I wouldn't use it with "without" personally, you could try "realm with neither time nor space" or "realm without time and space" or "realm without time or space".

Just my take :D

GuerillaGorilla
09-16-2009, 11:56 PM
So my friends and I are thinking of a band name, and we've decided on Singularity. You guys think this is a good name for a Power Metal band? We also delve into Thrash, Prog, Heavy, etc., so we're not pure Power like Helloween.

Before I suggested Pavlov's Dogs, but my lead guitarist doesn't think that's a "metal" enough name.

hauntu4ever
09-17-2009, 03:14 PM
So my friends and I are thinking of a band name, and we've decided on Singularity. You guys think this is a good name for a Power Metal band? We also delve into Thrash, Prog, Heavy, etc., so we're not pure Power like Helloween.

Before I suggested Pavlov's Dogs, but my lead guitarist doesn't think that's a "metal" enough name.

Pavlov's Dogs definitely sounds metal enough to me.

Singularity: sounds good to me :D maybe a bit better for other genres, but I can see a Power Metal band named Singularity xD

Dawnwalker
09-18-2009, 03:20 PM
Trains. Awesome band name? We play experimental yet minimalistic doom-metal

hauntu4ever
09-18-2009, 10:35 PM
Trains. Awesome band name? We play experimental yet minimalistic doom-metal

simple win, I like it. lots. I've never heard of a doom metal band named something like that, tho. IMO, It's just not doomy enough for me.

Still a good name, tho :D

Dawnwalker
09-19-2009, 06:41 AM
simple win, I like it. lots. I've never heard of a doom metal band named something like that, tho. IMO, It's just not doomy enough for me.

Still a good name, tho :D
thanks^^

but Singularity doesnt sound power metal to me^^
Power metal is about brotherhood and stuff, but not Singularity.

jibran
09-19-2009, 07:44 AM
Black Valor?

Progressive death metal

Has an audience you think?

Dawnwalker
09-19-2009, 07:57 AM
Black Valor?

Progressive death metal

sounds cool.
but what is an valor? xD

jibran
09-19-2009, 08:04 AM
sounds cool.
but what is an valor? xD

It means courage, I took the name from a black dahlia murder song :D

GuerillaGorilla
09-19-2009, 11:44 AM
thanks^^

but Singularity doesnt sound power metal to me^^
Power metal is about brotherhood and stuff, but not Singularity.

Well, my lead guitarist (who thought it up) was actually looking at the other definition which is the center of a black hole where mass and light get so crushed that everything comes to a stand-still there.

I still wanna use Pavlov's Dogs, though. Have to see to what the band thinks...

hauntu4ever
09-19-2009, 04:19 PM
Black Valor?

Progressive death metal

love it.

jibran
09-20-2009, 12:30 AM
love it.

Yay! :D :D :D

jrmeh41
09-20-2009, 03:03 AM
Which sounds better Helios, Idle Hands, or Battle Axe? My band plays classic rock, and hair/heavy metal.
Helios definetly

jrmeh41
09-20-2009, 03:04 AM
heres one i thought of
Unanswered Suicide

Dawnwalker
09-20-2009, 12:23 PM
heres one i thought of
Unanswered Suicide
style?
also unanswered doesn`t sound good.

Mr.Cuddles
09-20-2009, 08:55 PM
heres one i thought of
Unanswered Suicide
it sounds metal. but not really a great band name.

Gibson Phoney
09-23-2009, 05:24 PM
Got Lost Forever
A current obsession
Feeling The Senses

Anyone like these?

Arcane_Echo
09-23-2009, 06:52 PM
Got Lost Forever
A current obsession
Feeling The Senses

Anyone like these?

I like "A Current Obession" only I don't like the"a"

My new band name is "Vespar Theory" it's something we learnt in chemistry this week only the actual theory is called VESPR :P

Copaman
09-23-2009, 08:16 PM
Sinking Nimitz

Greyscale

Air[wave] Resistance

The Drop Off

Make Believe

And Ever

===

Pop punk band. Needs a name from the above. VOTE!! :)

lespaulsg09
09-26-2009, 03:05 PM
I'm a solo artist thinking of getting a stage name instead of just going by my own name (Grant Golden). I was thinking of In Colour. How does it sound?

ProphetToJables
09-27-2009, 09:37 AM
my band is called dead men dont talk but apparently its taken, i need an adaptation of it if any one has any ideas (but would still like to have the words dead and dont in it)

Monkey Biscuits
09-27-2009, 11:24 AM
Best I can think of is Dead men won't talk, but if you're wanting "don't" in it I cant think of much

My query, Smoke Mountain or Pilgrim, for a stoner doom band (no points for guessing influences...)

MetalCro
09-27-2009, 12:07 PM
hey guys what do you think about

Extinction

as a band name, we play mostly thrash metal ??

Black Star
09-27-2009, 06:33 PM
I'm a solo artist thinking of getting a stage name instead of just going by my own name (Grant Golden). I was thinking of In Colour. How does it sound?

Honestly, I'd stick with your real name.

1avatar328
09-27-2009, 06:41 PM
Need Name for, Hard Rock, alt., Symphonic Metal group and here are some of which i already tried
1.No Expression
2.Capital Corruption
3.Chaotic Rainbow
5.Destructive Koalas
6.Temper (Current but sounds too unoriginal)

any suggestions?...

Gibson Phoney
09-27-2009, 06:42 PM
Need Name for, Hard Rock, alt., Symphonic Metal group and here are some of which i already tried
1.No Expression
2.Capital Corruption
3.Chaotic Rainbow
5.Destructive Koalas
6.Temper (Current but sounds too unoriginal)

any suggestions?...
Capital Temper ;)

Copaman
09-28-2009, 07:14 PM
Sinking Nimitz

Greyscale

Air[wave] Resistance

The Drop Off

Make Believe

And Ever

===

Pop punk band. Needs a name from the above. VOTE!! :)

Shameless bump :)

muel333
09-29-2009, 10:22 PM
What do you guys think

Melloncolly
The Adhesives
Cyclic

MartyredHero
10-01-2009, 12:25 AM
My band's new name is :
Black Chariot
What do you guys think?

crzysnowborder
10-04-2009, 12:03 AM
Stumpy Fire and the Insanity?

jrmeh41
10-05-2009, 08:07 PM
Mutilated Terror

zombiak
10-06-2009, 05:57 PM
I wanna start a stoner rock/grunge-y band, heavily influenced by rock from the 70s, space, maybe oldschool cheesy 50s science-fiction too. Basicially slow to mid-tempo kick-ass music with Sabbathesque riffing etc. I came up with three names:

Slumberjack - simple pun, I like the 'slumber' in it because I'd like to creaty this a bit drowsy, hypnotic atmosphere in my music
Raygun Gothic - it's some kind of architectural from the 50s or 60s incorporating 'cosmic' elements like rockets, flying saucers etc.
Retro Rocket - just because it sounds pretty nice ;)

So, which one is the best?

willT08
10-06-2009, 07:09 PM
Hey, my band is playing a couple shows within a week of each other, one being Halloween, the other being Fireworks night. Thing is, we don't have a band name despite being together for a while. Please help me think of names. We play pop/punk rock stuff, our singer's a girl (so nothing overly menacing) particularly like Blink 182, Old Green Day, Paramore, Foo Fighters, All Time Low and so on.

Right now i've thought of:

-Trade a Rose for a Thorn (Too long IMO)

-Not Just Dancing (Our singer's also a dancer, is a title to a book)

Any others would be greatly appreciated.

Copaman
10-07-2009, 12:52 PM
Hey, my band is playing a couple shows within a week of each other, one being Halloween, the other being Fireworks night. Thing is, we don't have a band name despite being together for a while. Please help me think of names. We play pop/punk rock stuff, our singer's a girl (so nothing overly menacing) particularly like Blink 182, Old Green Day, Paramore, Foo Fighters, All Time Low and so on.

Right now i've thought of:

-Trade a Rose for a Thorn (Too long IMO)

-Not Just Dancing (Our singer's also a dancer, is a title to a book)

Any others would be greatly appreciated.

From Pop-Punk to Rock and back again, huh? Uhhh... Not Just Dancing would fit your style better.

Will you crit my names? a post or two above yours :)

CKYIbanezParker
10-07-2009, 05:48 PM
Ay, does this name sound good? "The Human Drive"

It would be a hard rock/metal band...

TDG Tabs
10-08-2009, 08:46 PM
Sinking Nimitz

Greyscale

Air[wave] Resistance

The Drop Off

Make Believe

And Ever

===

Pop punk band. Needs a name from the above. VOTE!!

Greyscale IMO

Plexi81
10-10-2009, 02:36 AM
Rigel

Hoboken

Aquinas and Ferg

The Law Officers

Pony Malta.

Sal's Nexus.

ilovekids.
10-10-2009, 02:44 AM
Gary and the Foreskins.

GrisKy
10-11-2009, 03:08 AM
Godzilla balls... succubus meat grinder... upsidedown spatulla... drown the worm... double avian homicide... ohsillyme... gary sinise is a chode... enslaved in angst... trampstamp paratroopers... sdrawkcabdellepssboob... or, in your case Plexi, how about "the band that plays for the worst audience ever."

GrisKy
10-11-2009, 03:11 AM
my band is called dead men dont talk but apparently its taken, i need an adaptation of it if any one has any ideas (but would still like to have the words dead and dont in it)

how about "dead men don't die again"

EDIT: unless they're zombies... then they die one more time.

is there such a thing as zombie zombies? if so, then that'd be a total of three deaths... i think.

RDSElite
10-12-2009, 10:05 AM
I wanna start a stoner rock/grunge-y band, heavily influenced by rock from the 70s, space, maybe oldschool cheesy 50s science-fiction too. Basicially slow to mid-tempo kick-ass music with Sabbathesque riffing etc. I came up with three names:

Slumberjack - simple pun, I like the 'slumber' in it because I'd like to creaty this a bit drowsy, hypnotic atmosphere in my music
Raygun Gothic - it's some kind of architectural from the 50s or 60s incorporating 'cosmic' elements like rockets, flying saucers etc.
Retro Rocket - just because it sounds pretty nice ;)

So, which one is the best?

Slumberjack is great!

My band currently has the name "Perpetual Chapter", only we're thinking of changing it.. It's difficult to pronouce (compared to other band names) and the abbreviation for it is stupid.. (PC). What do you guys think?

Nate.K
10-13-2009, 08:49 AM
I am starting a new band, and we need a name...

We are a christian based band, although our lyrics might not have any reference to God. Sort of like The Fray...

anyways...

I was thinking: Ides of Eternity

what else?

GrisKy
10-13-2009, 08:58 AM
no offense, but Ideas of Eternity is lame. I hear that name and go "meh, lame..." and I haven't even heard you. think "less melodramatic."

how about "Blind Theif" ???

EDIT: or is it "Thief" ?

Nate.K
10-13-2009, 10:32 AM
no offense, but Ideas of Eternity is lame. I hear that name and go "meh, lame..." and I haven't even heard you. think "less melodramatic."

how about "Blind Theif" ???

EDIT: or is it "Thief" ?

I think you heard that wrong...
It is: Ides of Eternity
Not: Ideas of Eternity

In ancient rome the "ides" were the days in the middle of a month. So by "ides of eternity"
I am implying that we are caught up in eternity, whether we like it or not... and because eternity has no end, the 'ides' of it could mean the 1800's, or 2009...

GrisKy
10-13-2009, 10:49 AM
ah, gotcha'. thought it was a typo.

that makes it much more symbolic, a plus, but it still lacks catchyness.

Plexi81
10-13-2009, 02:45 PM
The Jesuits?

The heirs of the Shepard?

The second coming?

Pyrotechie
10-13-2009, 10:16 PM
Here's a good one for ya.

Shredded Wheat

GrisKy
10-13-2009, 11:40 PM
Here's a good one for ya.

Shredded Wheat

+1 :haha:

bananahammock
10-14-2009, 02:17 AM
The Name of the band i'm in is "Rubber Crutch" Sort of like Led Zeppelin, Things that wouldn't work, Like a Lead Zeppelin,

What do you think about "The Crome Bumpers"

its actually called led zep his previous bandmates told him he was making a mistake and it would go down like a lead zeppelin, its kinda subverivly mocking his paste band mates

Vendetta V
10-24-2009, 03:31 PM
ok guys i need a name for a serious heavy metal band from 80s
any good idea??

sgc09
10-31-2009, 04:45 AM
my band is currently called "A Failing Society" is it any good

sickman411
11-02-2009, 03:23 PM
I don't know if the "A" sounds that well... And the name is good but heavyish. For the memory I mean. As in not very catchy.

Anyway, my band has been nameless for half a year now, and we finally came up with "Mime's Eye". What do you think? We're alt rock.

guitarthecross
11-03-2009, 09:55 PM
Ive got the best name ever:the cross

Vendetta V
11-04-2009, 05:01 PM
nice ^^

is there a band called The Crow??

ive got some ideas

The Other Band

Friday The 13th

Incore (or encore)

Disowned

the last one is to be chose most possibly
a

and also i thought about
the circle of fifth! (sounds bible-ish to me)

and Iron Scarecrow

i need a name for a metal band. heavy metal but something that would suit any kind as we play loads of genres from blues to metalcore!!!

StringAssassin
11-06-2009, 11:41 PM
I really like Obsidera.(Obsidian Era)

Would this name fit a Prog. Metal band?

Timothy O.
11-07-2009, 03:08 AM
I'm in a hard rock/alternative three-piece and we're having trouble picking a name. Our drummer wanted it to be "Eclipse" (and I kind of liked the name myself) but the name was taken from what I could tell so that one's out. Any ideas?

Aussie_skater
11-07-2009, 03:57 AM
concealment, darkening, decline, diminution, dimming, extinction, extinguishment, obliteration, obscuration, occultation, penumbra, shading, shroud, veil, adumbrate, becloud, bedim, blot out, cloud, darken, dim, extinguish, murk, overshadow, shadow, shroud

All synonyms of Eclipse, not sure that any have a real hook or are very catchy though.

HauntingtheWick
11-08-2009, 01:25 PM
^ extinction and decline sound really good

A power metal/ speed metal band - sacred oracle
what do you guys think?

sickman411
11-08-2009, 06:39 PM
It fits the genre quite well. Just "Oracle" would be better but there's probably a band with that name already.

Oh, and no one answered my previous post. And anyway we've got more possible names. What do you think of:

Mime's Eye
Fake Mimic
Syllable
Halbelle (It's total nonsense, the word doesn't actually exist or mean anything. Besides, we think it may be a bit too Lord of the Rings-ish)

We're alt/hard rock.

Timothy O.
11-08-2009, 06:42 PM
I like Mime's Eye and Fake Mimic

Metalhead510
11-09-2009, 12:16 AM
c0ck destroyer, pig fu cker, scrotum slayer

woodenbandman
11-09-2009, 11:37 AM
Okay guys my friend and I are thinking of forming a metal band of some sort (Quite possibly Deathcore, because we both like it and it's got metal harmonies and shit PLUS breakdowns, and he's really into breakdowns). So I'm trying to solve this dilemma of what our band should be called.

He thinks we should call it Bloodkoala or Burrito Knife Fight. I think we should call ourselves Fuckzombie or Rapecorpse. What do you guys think?

EDIT: Murdercorpse is also an idea. I rather like it.

HauntingtheWick
11-09-2009, 03:21 PM
since my last idea was somewhat ruined does anyone have an idea for a name for a speed metal /power metal band sort of like old Blind guardian, old helloween and all gamma ray stuff in style

Timothy O.
11-09-2009, 05:34 PM
OK my band decided on our hard rock/alternative band's name as Clockwork. Any opinions on this?

jamesyodoom
11-10-2009, 03:14 AM
The Swell Edisons. It's from a Beatles song.

isabiggles
11-10-2009, 05:04 PM
I've been thinking of using Hurucan which means 'god of death' in native American. I'll probably use it for a heavy metal band or something.

sickman411
11-11-2009, 07:55 PM
For the 3 people above, I really like your names. Clockwork might exist already, though.

As for my band, ignore what I've said before. We're going to be called Wrevy. Whaddya think?

isabiggles
11-12-2009, 01:07 PM
For the 3 people above, I really like your names. Clockwork might exist already, though.

As for my band, ignore what I've said before. We're going to be called Wrevy. Whaddya think?

What kind of music do you play? Does it have a meaning? It sounds ok but looks interesting so that may catch peoples' attention.

sickman411
11-12-2009, 06:31 PM
Alt/hard rock, as I've said before. The word doesn't exist but it does have an explanation, which I'll leave unknown.

Sami Philadelph
11-18-2009, 03:04 AM
I'm playing in a Speed Metal/Heavy Metal with Early No Wave and Noise influences (INFLUENCES, but not in every song) It's basically a traditional Thrash Band but with very heavy Sabbath passages and verse riffs every once in awhile.

Some of the names I've been through

German WarMachine
Faster Malefactor
Poison Bone
Devil Madonna
Suprirus
Suprematra
In Hell We Rot
Vilarum
Faster Malefactor
Suprorum
Death Threat
Killing Reich
The Void
The Dead
The Heroin
Lovecraft
Dissociated In The Machine
Dead Slave
God In The Machine

which one sounds the best?
I'm also accepting suggestions

Haze14
11-18-2009, 03:11 AM
Poison Bone
Vilarum
Faster Malefactor
The Void
The Dead
Lovecraft
God In The Machine

I like these.

Highwaytohell
11-18-2009, 10:04 AM
poison bone. that is a cool name man

Sami Philadelph
11-18-2009, 02:19 PM
Think so?
It was the first name I came up with a few years back, but never stucked with it, as it was an ode to the bands Poison and Mother Love Bone, but I never really liked Poison, so I ended up dropping it...I always wanted to shout out to MLB or Malfunkshun since both those bands had a profound effect on me because even though they were grunge/hard rock they were insanely heavy to me, anyway, I'd be down for a name with bone in it, if I could replace poison, any ideas?

Haze14
11-18-2009, 04:28 PM
Father Hate Bone

Nilpferdkoenig
11-18-2009, 07:45 PM
What do you guys think of "Rust" for a (doom) metal band?

I'm a huge Black Label Society fan and I love their song of the same name and I thought it would make a cool band name as well, especially since you could be all "we play old school metal and old metal rusts, ya know?" or something...

you get it...

hauntu4ever
11-18-2009, 07:51 PM
What do you guys think of "Rust" for a (doom) metal band?

I'm a huge Black Label Society fan and I love their song of the same name and I thought it would make a cool band name as well, especially since you could be all "we play old school metal and old metal rusts, ya know?" or something...

you get it...

do it :D

Rock&RollStar
11-20-2009, 01:40 PM
hey, i was thinking about "the heretics" for my band, but it might offend with all the religion involved. would it be a really bad idea?

lespaul1216
11-20-2009, 06:01 PM
So my thread just got closed and i was told to bring it here.

What do you think of BROKEN PROMISE as a name for a post-hardcore band? everyone at our school seems to say it's gay, but i don't really see how it is. feedback is desperately needed.

Actually, to us it's kind of ironic because when we got our singer (who's a girl) our drummer made everyone make a pact NOT to date the singer. A week later he started dating her. In all honesty we don't care for now, but eventually we're ****ed.

But anyway, what you do you guys think of Broken Promise?

[Erebus]
11-21-2009, 05:51 AM
What do you guys think of 'The Dirt' as a band name?
We're a straight up rock n roll band along the lines of Guns, Aerosmith, and Motley Crue.
We figure it'd be pretty easy to build an image off of that as well.

Haze14
11-21-2009, 05:58 AM
To everybody on this page, yeah those names are fine, not spectacular but fine.

Highwaytohell
11-22-2009, 08:53 PM
Think so?
It was the first name I came up with a few years back, but never stucked with it, as it was an ode to the bands Poison and Mother Love Bone, but I never really liked Poison, so I ended up dropping it...I always wanted to shout out to MLB or Malfunkshun since both those bands had a profound effect on me because even though they were grunge/hard rock they were insanely heavy to me, anyway, I'd be down for a name with bone in it, if I could replace poison, any ideas?

brother when you come up with band names its not about giving other bands thier ddue.s Thats what cover songs are for. You are trying to come up with something identifieable, catchy, and gritty so that people will like the name when they hear it. You want to have a name easily said and easily brandable. Just because poison was one crappy band doesn't mean you shouldnt name yourself Poison bone. That would be like also saying that Poison was the cure (megadeth) was crappy so you wont use it either...
I say Poison bone, or Malicious Breath

Ssargentslayer
11-22-2009, 10:29 PM
How do you guys read this?

Anuscript

Myke.
11-24-2009, 10:11 AM
What do you guys think of the names:

Panic Scene
Praying Panic
Eat Pavement

We are a punk band from Ohio.
We were debating those 3 names.
Input is nice :cheers:

Haze14
11-24-2009, 04:43 PM
Eat Pavement, definitely.

isabiggles
11-25-2009, 01:53 PM
I was on the way to play a rugby match and stumbled across a sign pointing towards a place called Leatherhead and thought..

Hey.. that's a pretty cool name for a heavy metal band. Thoughts?

~Moby Dick~
11-27-2009, 04:16 AM
The One Eyed Vultures
The Pot

and im stuck. we play rock/metal/metalcore

hey what about

Fire in the Hive

lespaul1216
11-27-2009, 10:33 AM
what about

Halfway There

for a post-hardcore-ish band

i know i posted earlier on this page, we're bouncing ideas off each other right now.

isabiggles
11-27-2009, 02:35 PM
The One Eyed Vultures
The Pot

and im stuck. we play rock/metal/metalcore

hey what about

Fire in the Hive

Melburn!!!!! :haha: :haha: :D

:confused:

Nevermind, that's a stupid pun for Australian pyromaniacs.

Just forget I said anything.

ger_rock
11-28-2009, 10:33 PM
I wanna some ideas for my band's name. We play some hard-rock music like Guns n' Roses, Mötley Crüe and Metallica.

lespaul1216
11-30-2009, 10:47 AM
Cruicca n' Roses

thecrowing33
12-03-2009, 12:46 AM
i was looking through my anatomy textbook the other day and came across a muscle that i thought sounded cool as a band name:

Platysma

wozzsta
12-03-2009, 06:44 AM
me and my band are trying to use google typos to our advantage, and call our self "pron" and it kinda goes with our nerdy type metal we do as well, because it sounds like tron the classic film. also we could call our first album hardcore pron and sell various t shirts with pron related puns.

what do u think?

madmike17
12-03-2009, 11:10 PM
How about No Refunds for a punk/rock band? or too cheezy?

Myke.
12-04-2009, 09:36 AM
I wanna some ideas for my band's name. We play some hard-rock music like Guns n' Roses, Mötley Crüe and Metallica.

Drugs n' Roses?
amidoinitrite?

GoxGetterxGuy
12-04-2009, 01:49 PM
What is better of the two?

A.P.E (after party entertianment) or Back Seat Radio Control

Vendetta V
12-04-2009, 04:20 PM
I decided !!! im taking the name PENUMBRA!!! sounds mystical and threatening

HauntingtheWick
12-04-2009, 05:32 PM
since my last idea was somewhat ruined does anyone have an idea for a name for a speed metal /power metal band sort of like old Blind guardian, old helloween and all gamma ray stuff in style
no one answered last time
but we're thinking of using the name Sacred Ilium

"Ilium" is a name given to troy and the Iliad is sometimes known as the song of Ilium

lespaul1216
12-04-2009, 06:08 PM
^that's kinda cool. don't think many people will get it, tho

and since no one answered me

what about Halfway There for a post-hardcore-ish band?

BotC
12-05-2009, 07:16 PM
My band's current name is Blood of the Cosmos. We wanted to change our name before we started doing shows, but, we've started doing shows and still have yet to change our name.
Names we THOUGHT we thought of first but were actually taken
- Theocide
- Warbeast
- Malignant Intent

Any suggestions along those lines?