The ONLY Band Name Thread

PDA

View Full Version : The ONLY Band Name Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15]

Hail
04-03-2011, 11:39 PM
We've been in name discussions for a month now. Finally agreed upon Trashcan Symphony for our party, hard rock, metal cover band. What say you all?

Wasn't that Slipknot's old band name?

axeman80
04-04-2011, 03:14 PM
Wasn't that Slipknot's old band name?

Not that I'm aware of....I believe they were "Meld" before Slipknot.

sammo_boi
04-05-2011, 12:54 AM
I'm in a metalcore band and we've come up with the name Dysnomia

It is the greek goddess of lawlessness (totally metal right?) and also a disease that is the disability to remember correct words from memory (a joke with our vocalist who often forgets his lyrics).

Other options have been After I Wake, Until We Sleep and Down From The Sky (our current name). Whadd'ya think?

krypticguitar87
04-05-2011, 02:16 AM
I'm in a metalcore band and we've come up with the name Dysnomia

It is the greek goddess of lawlessness (totally metal right?) and also a disease that is the disability to remember correct words from memory (a joke with our vocalist who often forgets his lyrics).

Other options have been After I Wake, Until We Sleep and Down From The Sky (our current name). Whadd'ya think?
I like the new name way better than any of the others you chose....

After I wake and Until We Sleep both remind me of As I Lay Dying (idk why but for some reason it does), and Down From the Sky doesn't sound anywhere near as metal as Dysnomia, plus Dysnomia is also a bit of an inside joke which makes things more fun for you... alright that was my 2cents haha

sammo_boi
04-05-2011, 02:37 AM
I like the new name way better than any of the others you chose....

After I wake and Until We Sleep both remind me of As I Lay Dying (idk why but for some reason it does), and Down From the Sky doesn't sound anywhere near as metal as Dysnomia, plus Dysnomia is also a bit of an inside joke which makes things more fun for you... alright that was my 2cents haha

After I Wake sounds like many other metalcore bands haha (All that Remains springs to mind) so yeah we were very against having something generic like that.

Thanks for your input!

fender_2295
04-05-2011, 03:11 AM
How does'The Method Tone' sound?

axeman80
04-05-2011, 03:54 PM
What kind of music?

PastorDevin
04-07-2011, 01:38 PM
The memebers of my band and i have been trying for months to figure out what to call ourselves. We're progressive post-hardcore (think new sky eats airplane or the word alive) So far we've come up with:

Zach's Casket
Red Bear Down
The Dharma Initiative
Swallowed by the Sea
Better Off Dead
She Stooped To Conquer
Stranded in Savanah
Amalgam Virgo

Suggestions? Preferences? Or if you have any cool (or better) ideas id love to hear

MirandaShambles
04-07-2011, 07:00 PM
(about the Aviator thing, sorry for replying late)

Well I like to write classic rock/hard rock stuff.
It would work with classic rock.

Need a name for a Punk/Indie/Grunge/ Metal band.....again...3 words or less. We are totally blank, very few ideas. Music to get high to, and play loud in a garage really.

PastorDevin
04-08-2011, 07:36 AM
i actually was in a band just like that (heavy stoner poppunk as we called it)

we just straight called ourselves Sour Diesel

weed strains is great for naming a band like that in my opinion cuz theres a million out there and you can get some pretty unusual and fun names from them
(Granddaddy Purple, SuperNova, Omnifunk or something like that) you get the idea

AFDGuitarist
04-09-2011, 09:42 PM
I'm forming a new band, and was wondering what you guys think of "Lying Creets". It comes from the classic Liar's Paradox.

krypticguitar87
04-11-2011, 02:36 AM
I'm forming a new band, and was wondering what you guys think of "Lying Creets". It comes from the classic Liar's Paradox.
what kind of music? I think it sounds cool but it probably won't work for every genre...

Ace-014
04-11-2011, 09:52 PM
The Parlor Fox, sounds legit.

the*doctor
04-17-2011, 09:13 AM
I thought of a great one last night actually, it's "PLAN 9" and the first album could be called "From outer space".

If you don't get the reference, you're missing out on one of the greatest 1950's low budget sci fi film of all time, PLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE.

Check it out! But anyway, plan 9 sounds like a pretty cool band name to me :)

will42
04-17-2011, 10:02 PM
one of my bands is called the "Spanish Refrigerator Jam Band"
that's actually what we are known as. It's just a band for the school open mic nights. we had our drummer sign us up for a spanish phrygian jam. he misspoke and said spanish refrigerator.

and that's how we came to be.

Drummerrrrr?
04-19-2011, 08:37 AM
Looking for a short name for a dude/chick acoustic duo. We sound like Foo Fighters' ESP&G acoustic kinda stuff.
I've always thought about being named after a random person's name, like Sally? Or a unisex name like Charlie would be more fitting? Plus we could say we're named after that chick out of Hi-5 for a laugh :p:

naw2
04-19-2011, 11:39 AM
Charlie would be a good one, it doesn't imply anything and is easy to remember as it is an actual name.

Zyklone for an extreme Metal band?

AFDGuitarist
04-21-2011, 10:28 PM
what kind of music? I think it sounds cool but it probably won't work for every genre...
For a metal/punk kinda band. Think Old A7X meets old Green Day with some Bullet and Slipknot.

PastorDevin
04-28-2011, 01:13 PM
I think it sounds pretty cool and its cool where the name came from. id also be interested in hearing that sound, do you have any music up?

HeavyReverb
04-29-2011, 06:38 PM
Opinions on "Apathy in Edea" for post-harcore, new prog?

Dan_5893
05-01-2011, 07:48 AM
Need advice on band name for Alt-rock/Pop-Punk/Rock three piece

Idle Front
The Ages
Dangerous Beans

Those are the three we've come up with, any suggestions?

Ace-014
05-01-2011, 11:17 AM
I want to say Dangerous Beans just for kicks, but seriously I'd pick The Idle Front.

MoleMania
05-01-2011, 02:34 PM
Lone Coconut

Sound good?

PastorDevin
05-02-2011, 01:04 PM
Lone Coconut

Sound good?

It sounds pretty good, what genre?

Drummerrrrr?
05-09-2011, 09:36 AM
Need advice on band name for Alt-rock/Pop-Punk/Rock three piece

Idle Front
The Ages
Dangerous Beans

Those are the three we've come up with, any suggestions?
Idle Front, four show.

Lone Coconut
Sound good?
Depends on the genre.

How about 'Gruve' (pronounced 'Groove') for a RAtM style rock/punk band?

MirandaShambles
05-12-2011, 12:21 PM
How's Burning Fuschia for an alternative rock/punk/indie band?

Also looking for suggestions for a name with Echo, or Fuse in the name...

Sil3ntD3th
05-17-2011, 03:12 PM
Im starting to get into Dubstep and Trance and I need a name to release all of my songs under. A "Band" name persay. I dont want to use the same name as I so for all my acoustic music because its a different genre.

You know?
Basshunter
Deadmau5
Skrillex
Darude

Names kinda like that.

bartnijman
05-18-2011, 07:04 AM
Hi, i'm in the search of a bandname.

Thrash metal: exodus, metallica (not the blues/pop albums of course :P), megadeth, lamb of god, slayer etc.

a kinda weird demand from me: the name has to begin with an A, F, H, I, M, N, or P and has to end with an A, H, I, J or M . i cant tell you why, but its just the way it is. the name has to be 1 word (like 'Slayer', 'Exodus' and 'Anthrax').

EDIT: you dont have to do anything with the genre, you can give me any random words with these beginning and ending letters. i once was in a band called 'Syndication' and i think thats a pretty good name...

Avalanchi
05-22-2011, 03:25 PM
The Morning Fire
Let's Do Arson
List, List, Lust
Paris Alive
Lust Rocket
Sleep My Darling
Featherweight
Chasing Sirens

Comments / Critique?

twistedsista521
05-25-2011, 10:46 PM
What do you guys think about this for a hair metal/ classic rock band?

Far Beyond

Cowless
05-26-2011, 12:21 PM
The Morning Fire
Let's Do Arson
List, List, Lust
Paris Alive
Lust Rocket
Sleep My Darling
Featherweight
Chasing Sirens

Comments / Critique?

I like Featherweight. A lot of those are derivative (The Morning Fire = Arcade Fire) or nonsense (Paris Alive? Are you French? Do you really like "Kiss Alive!"?)

Avalanchi
05-26-2011, 01:24 PM
I like Featherweight. A lot of those are derivative (The Morning Fire = Arcade Fire) or nonsense (Paris Alive? Are you French? Do you really like "Kiss Alive!"?)

I assure you none of these are derivative. :)

Cowless
05-26-2011, 10:26 PM
I assure you none of these are derivative. :)

I'm sure it wasn't your intention, but as a humble bystander I had to let you know how people might see it! :peace:

zomgguitarz1234
05-27-2011, 05:57 AM
I might start up another band in the future. Would probably play thrash metal, I was tied between 2 names:

Zandoro or Doom Sayer.

loz4
05-27-2011, 11:34 PM
Doom Slayer sounds too generic.

Bauwke
05-28-2011, 06:55 AM
What do you think of
Paradox
The arsonists
The outlaws
Raised by wolves
for metalcore/post-metal band?

twistedsista521
05-30-2011, 06:37 PM
What about Powerslave? Hair metal/ 80s metal.

Or Far Beyond?

Splug
05-31-2011, 09:02 AM
Hi guys, I've been trying to think of some names for my death metal band. One of us suggested "Vehement Lividity", which we have decided on for now on a 'this is it unless we think of something better' kind of basis. I quite like it, but I thought it was a bit of a mouthful, the best names to be honest are the simpler ones that stick in your head more. I've been trying to think of ways of merging the 2 words together or coming up with something similar. Earlier I randomly thought of "Vehemancy", I like it and it has some kind of meaning behind it, but I tried looking it up and found another death metal band called Vehemence. I'm guessing this would be too much of a similarity to avoid confusion, people claiming we copied it or possibly legal issues?

What do you guys reckon?

krypticguitar87
05-31-2011, 09:11 AM
Hi guys, I've been trying to think of some names for my death metal band. One of us suggested "Vehement Lividity", which we have decided on for now on a 'this is it unless we think of something better' kind of basis. I quite like it, but I thought it was a bit of a mouthful, the best names to be honest are the simpler ones that stick in your head more. I've been trying to think of ways of merging the 2 words together or coming up with something similar. Earlier I randomly thought of "Vehemancy", I like it and it has some kind of meaning behind it, but I tried looking it up and found another death metal band called Vehemence. I'm guessing this would be too much of a similarity to avoid confusion, people claiming we copied it or possibly legal issues?

What do you guys reckon?
I think you guys are probably in the clear.... but you could also try something like "Lividiment" :shrug:, it sounds like a word but really it's just the ones you like put together.....

twistedsista521
06-07-2011, 12:00 PM
powerslave for an 80s hairmetal band? cmon someone help me. What about far beyond
?

Cowless
06-07-2011, 10:51 PM
powerslave for an 80s hairmetal band? cmon someone help me. What about far beyond
?

Far Beyond. Powerslave the song isn't hair metal, and it might just confuse people who might expect a Maiden tribute band. Just to let you know, there are already existent bands with both of those names, so check if they're in your area.

EL2T
06-08-2011, 07:38 AM
Dream City Skyline for an alt-rock/pop-punk kinda band?

prleLTD
06-12-2011, 01:35 PM
Ive got a band called Debeli Paradajzi which would mean in english Fat Tomatoes :D

Jimmy-Jones
06-20-2011, 06:38 AM
Alien Nation - Because is sounds like alienation.
2Figure Income - For a crust punk band thats aways broke as ****.
Theres No "I" In Team But There Is A "We" In Weapon - It would have to be done in the most illegible Black Metal logo ever devised.
Stupid & The Punkasses - We got called Stupid and Punkass at work, I liked it.
P.O.W (Performance of War) - Short names are are easy to spray paint onto shirts.

HelpTravesty
06-20-2011, 07:24 PM
Golgi Apparatus, for a death metal or hardcore punk band.

PlasticEmbryo
06-23-2011, 02:10 AM
Hey Guys I'm a first time poster but I'm always on this site so I figured I might as well as make an account. I just recently formed a new like Psychedelic Surf Rock band and we're having trouble finding a name we have a list here's a couple, please let me know what you think and throw out some suggestions too.

The Plastic Underground
Chameleon
MoonDagger
Ursa Major
Interstellar Moonlight Orchestra

will42
06-24-2011, 06:56 PM
Hey Guys I'm a first time poster but I'm always on this site so I figured I might as well as make an account. I just recently formed a new like Psychedelic Surf Rock band and we're having trouble finding a name we have a list here's a couple, please let me know what you think and throw out some suggestions too.

The Plastic Underground
Chameleon
MoonDagger
Ursa Major
Interstellar Moonlight Orchestra

Interstellar Moonlight Orchestra FTW

13hurricane
06-26-2011, 03:23 PM
Got a few:

Betty's Not A Vitamin
Greta and the Missing White Girls
Not in the Tacos
The Pope Flys Alatalia
Epic Pass (I didn't really like that one, that was the drummer)

So, what do you guys think of these?

Cowless
06-28-2011, 07:43 PM
Got a few:

Betty's Not A Vitamin
Greta and the Missing White Girls
Not in the Tacos
The Pope Flys Alatalia
Epic Pass (I didn't really like that one, that was the drummer)

So, what do you guys think of these?

Well, to my taste, they all conjure images of hipsters, a chick band, or dudebros (Epic Pass? pfft). If that's the image you want, go ahead with any of them, they're all equally inoffensive. But if it is a chick band, go with Greta and the Missing White Girls. Maybe lose the white tag if it's inaccurate.

13hurricane
06-29-2011, 04:31 PM
Actually, the whole point of Greta and the Missing White Girls was the irony because it's all guys, mix btw rock and pop rock.

Edit: Now that I think about it, Not in the Tacos could also be an album name, while none of the others really could. Leaning Pope Flies Alatalia again.

Vermillionpart2
07-04-2011, 08:12 PM
Would Damage Plan be a good name a punk rock band? I don't personally like it, but my guitarist does.

Sterbende_Liebe
07-05-2011, 11:43 PM
How does BatWings And Halos sound for a band name? My sister came up with it.

tman267
07-06-2011, 03:05 PM
How does Backwards Cursor sound

nexor123
07-07-2011, 04:09 AM
Any good bandname for alternative metal?

GruuvMetuhlr
07-07-2011, 05:05 AM
Damageplan is a NO. There was the great Damageplan that shouldn't be copied.

MM14
07-25-2011, 10:15 PM
Name for a alt rock band?

deathmetalben
07-28-2011, 01:38 AM
i'm in a band that goes by the name Columbian Necktie (the "u" in columbian being original) what's your opinions on that name? i would love new ideas for us to change it because i personally am not a fan of the name.

deathmetalben
07-28-2011, 01:39 AM
P.S we tend to play death metal.

MetalCommand
07-28-2011, 10:33 AM
i'm in a band that goes by the name Columbian Necktie (the "u" in columbian being original) what's your opinions on that name? i would love new ideas for us to change it because i personally am not a fan of the name.
Sounds fairly decent to me. I guess a problem could be that not everyone would know what a Columbian necktie actually is.

As for me, I'm thinking of naming my metal band Disapper to Infinity. Or perhaps the slight variation Disapperaing Infinity. The music is mostly a mix of melodeath, symphonic metal and a hint of progressive.

What do people think?

KORRUSK
08-01-2011, 03:46 PM
I think Disappearing Infinity sounds better, but thats just my opinion.

Flibo
08-10-2011, 02:31 AM
Sounds fairly decent to me. I guess a problem could be that not everyone would know what a Columbian necktie actually is.

As for me, I'm thinking of naming my metal band Disapper to Infinity. Or perhaps the slight variation Disapperaing Infinity. The music is mostly a mix of melodeath, symphonic metal and a hint of progressive.

What do people think?
I prefer Disappear to Infinity. It's more interesting to think about than Disappearing Infinity which just sounds something you would come up first when you think of cosmic stuff. Kind of obvious or something, hard to put in words :(

MetalCommand
08-12-2011, 08:57 AM
I went for Disappear to Infinity in the end. If you wanna hear what the music sounds like... click the link in my sig ;)

ShredWithEd
08-12-2011, 09:20 PM
the rubberband

dkeenan
08-12-2011, 11:05 PM
Disappearing Infinite is a name that sounds cool but really doesn't make much sense. The way I would handle something like this is "What band do have you been listening to lately?" "Disappearing Infinite". If you like how that sounds, then go right ahead. I think its kind of a corny metal name, but hey, my opinion isn't the correct one.

DomWhite1998
08-16-2011, 10:12 AM
Do you like Brace Yourselves for a Punk/Pop-Punk band ?

drewfromutah
08-21-2011, 08:27 PM
Four piece post-hardcore in the vein of ATDI/The fall of troy

Really want something starting with the word "in."

In City
In Skyline
In Satellite
In Bliss

xAnon125X
08-21-2011, 08:34 PM
try The Skies In Bliss. it has a nice sound to it nd makes u wondr wat a blissful day would feel like listening to your music:D

as for the Disappearing Infinty, go w/ Disappear Infinty or something of the like since you want to disappear so badly:D jk, i couldn't resist:3
hope this helps nd good luckXD

tyfurie
08-29-2011, 03:19 AM
Band in the broad ideal of veil of maya, fall of troy, and the devil wear prada...and just a dash of emmure...... decided on auburn trace but with the advent of autumn trace we were figuring on purpose by design.......which one do you guys think

PS: would a 6 piece hardcore punk band please use this "sexy stalin and the facist five" just a hilarious punk name

RCO95
08-29-2011, 10:17 AM
What do people think of the name "Fort Rapid" for a Muse/Metallica/Rush/Nirvana (for now) covering Rock/Prog band?

morgankb19
09-01-2011, 10:35 AM
What are your thoughts on the name Murder Franchise for a punk / alt rock band???

burghUK
09-01-2011, 07:36 PM
Any thought on the name "amuse bouche" , sorta a double entendre , palate cleanser and ;) something else.

watchthemshine
09-04-2011, 12:47 AM
So, my band was called some dumb pop-punk thing, till now none of us like it. I was kinda thinking Somniloquence (meaning to talk in your sleep) or Insomnolence (meaning insomnia). I'd like to play sort of indie-alt. music. Somniloquence just sounds cool, but Insomnolence is kinda because I always stay up way later than I should. Any thoughts?

Edit: Just saw a band somewhere on here called Insomnence or something like that. :P So scratch Insomnolence out.

madewell94
09-20-2011, 06:48 PM
Alrighty i need a name for an act im putting together, we are two guys who play ukulele, and we are both named Matthew, and both of our last names start with M. Any suggestions?

lildudenikki
09-21-2011, 05:19 AM
hey i have a band. all female, genres; punk, rock, metal, alternative. we was thinking of Shadow Of Regrets but i think its too dark and gothic. i want something okay,fun, and awesome. any ideas?

mnf50
10-04-2011, 04:19 PM
Are you allowed to directly take a song name and use it as the name of the band?

MetalCro
10-09-2011, 07:04 AM
what do you think about a name for a metal band

Creative Destruction

Cowless
10-10-2011, 06:05 PM
Are you allowed to directly take a song name and use it as the name of the band?

Yeah. Judas Priest sorta did it, and there's a ****ton of bands who took their names from Metallica songs (Trapped Under Ice, Whiplash, etc).

Drummerrrrr?
10-13-2011, 05:05 PM
what do you think about a name for a metal band

Creative Destruction
Yeah not bad!

I'm playing a pop/rock/funk band, music is on my profile if you want to hear. Thinking 'The Incredible Machine' or something...

thePTOD
10-15-2011, 11:16 PM
Looking for a name for a metalcore/death metal type band, in that area.

I have a few ideas:

Off White Angel
Sick At Heart
Undead Ahead

I'm also reallyyyy into having a unique one word band name that could sound metal, like Nevermore (heavy influence), Meshuggah, and Bauhaus.

Help please?

whalepudding
10-17-2011, 11:18 PM
"A Forest of Monoliths"

The style is mostly dark proggy metal. Shit or unshit?

I posted it earlier, but no-one commented on it. Probably because it was hidden right at the end of a page.

Permaphrost
10-18-2011, 01:16 AM
"A Forest of Monoliths"

I posted it earlier, but no-one commented on it. Probably because it was hidden right at the end of a page.

I like it. Reminiscent of like stone-henge or some stuff like that.

Maybe just Monolith?

Cowless
10-18-2011, 04:56 PM
I like it. Reminiscent of like stone-henge or some stuff like that.

Maybe just Monolith?

Definitely taken. http://www.metal-archives.com/search?searchString=monolith&type=band_name

blake1221
10-20-2011, 03:24 PM
"A Forest of Monoliths"

Kind of shit, to me. Too word heavy, the crowd couldn't chant that back to you. Monoliths would be way better, but it's taken.

whalepudding
10-20-2011, 07:35 PM
Bah, I suspected something like that. I liked the imagery, but thought the words themselves were a bit clunky.

Thanks hugely for the honest criticism.

blake1221
10-21-2011, 02:11 AM
If you can slim it down somehow it could work. Any other ideas?

zelyx01
10-21-2011, 03:14 PM
An Offspringish-punk band.

DieNasty
The Captain's Cockpit
Irrelevant Authority

I like them all equally.

KjaK
10-22-2011, 01:57 PM
^zelyx01^
I personal think that captin's cockpit sounds good for a punk band.

which one sounds better for a grunge band, the young dead or river of bone?

zelyx01
10-22-2011, 06:56 PM
^kjak

I like the young dead the most, rolls off the tongue better then river of bone!

DrewMeyer
10-23-2011, 09:47 PM
I know probably no one will read this, but what do you guys think of Touching Bass, specifically spelt like the bass guitar in honor of our bassist.

jtguitarplaya9
10-27-2011, 07:32 AM
Which sounds better Helios, Idle Hands, or Battle Axe? My band plays classic rock, and hair/heavy metal.

Definitely Idle Hands. Battle Axe is really corny and Helios is ok, but still kinda corny.

zomgguitarz1234
10-31-2011, 06:00 PM
Any R words that would be good to put after surreal?

Cowless
10-31-2011, 10:06 PM
Any R words that would be good to put after surreal?

Rain. Rhubarb. Reed. Reality.

zomgguitarz1234
11-01-2011, 04:04 AM
Rain. Rhubarb. Reed. Reality.

I was going to do surreal reality but I think a few bands already have taken it.

I also wanted to have a few obscure words that meant like entertainment then realize it was just another way to say dream theater.

shivi_m18
11-02-2011, 12:44 AM
Just wondering, what do you guys think of 'The Silhouettes'?
Were all female and we play classic rock/hair metal.
None of us could come up with anything better before our first gig, though we wouldn't mind changing it now...

Hades Factor
11-04-2011, 03:40 PM
Ive got a few names I think might be unused for anyone willing to take them :

Hades Factor, Flesh Circus and Light the Sky
tell me what you think?

IronMaiden76
11-04-2011, 03:47 PM
how about "Dallas Tar"? especially funny cuz we're based in CT

Hades Factor
11-04-2011, 04:36 PM
I think Armada is also a kick-ass name for a hardcore/metalcore band :D

moscaespañol
11-04-2011, 07:06 PM
We play stoner metal/rock, psychedelic, old classic rock and the occasional acoustic piece. which is better:
The Great Cornholios

or

Interfaith Voices (we are all different faiths, but it really reflects a serious attitude and thats just not us)

glassguitar
11-17-2011, 05:22 PM
Hey, my band plays a large variety of songs but mostly classic rock (steppenwolf, rolling stones, beatles) as well as newer bands (kings of leon, the strokes) and will soon be playing originals. We were rushed to get a name and are now we're called The Four Chords...which is lame...

my band mates want "Lectric flow" what do you fellows think?

I'm trying to work something out like "Lectricity" or "Lectric City" or something but picking a name is hard!

any thoughts???

Ibanez734
11-19-2011, 01:34 PM
Hi,
My band play modern rock, a la the Foo Fighters and Muse, but with metal (Mastodon, Trivium, BFMV) and thrash (Metallica, Megadeth) influences. We really can't decide on a name between us, any suggestions from you guys?

gorkyporky
11-21-2011, 07:32 PM
Hi guys.
We play hard rock/heavy metal, influenced by metallica, iron maiden, alter bridge, velvet revolver.....
Anyway, we need a new one since the old one (Špilfrderbr) is goddamn ridicolus. And since we completely changed our style from punk to metal, it would be appropriate to change our name, since we were pretty well known around our town, and we kinda wanna start fresh and build a new fanbase.
So as of now, i have three ideas:

The Hell Express (i find this one really cheesy, but our drummer like it.)

No Commands

Just Four

Owerflow (there is already a croatian band with this name, but they spell it correctly, as in Overflow. Would spelling it with a w be good enough?)

iamafriend1
11-30-2011, 10:24 AM
A couple of my friends are using the band name "The Unknown quantity" and have a tagline "The best band you have never heard of"

mub
12-12-2011, 02:09 PM
My classic rock/blues band is called The Bull Terriers(3 of 4 people in the band, including me, own one:)). What do you think of it?

MetaIronForce
12-17-2011, 11:14 AM
My classic rock/blues band is called The Bull Terriers(3 of 4 people in the band, including me, own one:)). What do you think of it?

I like it. It sounds good. But you might want to google search it to check it's not taken.

My band name is The Sophisticators. We go on stage dressed posh, talking about how we're bringing class back to popular music. Then we open with a really rocky number and the true sound of our band is revealed.

Trouble is, our bassist thinks the name makes us sound like we're in middle school. Do you all agree?

tman267
12-17-2011, 05:28 PM
We play Indie/modern rock/alternative (think Airborne Toxic Event, Death Cab for Cutie, Modest Mouse) and we are called Eddy Without Shoes.

^metalironforce^
I like "the Sophisticators," but I would suggest being careful because it might seem kind of gimicky with the whole introduction bit

getmad24_7
12-21-2011, 12:55 AM
We want the band name Tumblewave, but there is a band called Tumbleweave. Do you think we would be fine?
They have 300 likes and 82 plays on their most played song, if it matters.

zelyx01
12-22-2011, 11:21 AM
Irrelevant Authority or Dienasty (yes, hurrhurr, clever pun on Dynasty and whatnot.)

Punkish with Offspring and some metallica thrown in there.

MetaIronForce
12-23-2011, 08:59 AM
We play Indie/modern rock/alternative (think Airborne Toxic Event, Death Cab for Cutie, Modest Mouse) and we are called Eddy Without Shoes.

^metalironforce^
I like "the Sophisticators," but I would suggest being careful because it might seem kind of gimicky with the whole introduction bit

The introduction thing probably wouldn't last too long for gigs in our area as the trick would become common knowledge after a while. The plan was to be ourselves for the rest of the gig anyway.
Also, we still have our unique stage image. And a female lead singer who is keen to re-use her prom dress as part of said stage image, so we'll be fine :D

We could possibly misspel it as The Sofisticators, to hint that we're not a posh band. Or we could go with Joy and Duty.

MetaIronForce
12-26-2011, 04:23 PM
New name idea fitting with the posh theme: 'The Rampallions'. It's a medieval insult thaht means ruffian, or scoundrel.

simpro14.5
12-30-2011, 02:14 PM
Is it okay to take a song name (by a fairly unknown band) a twist it into a band name, if we give credit to the original band during shows? (I mean, The Rolling stones and Radiohead did it). I was wondering if vthat was ethical.

KORRUSK
12-31-2011, 04:10 PM
Hows the name KORRUSK.

Metalwise?

Cowless
01-01-2012, 05:25 PM
Is it okay to take a song name (by a fairly unknown band) a twist it into a band name, if we give credit to the original band during shows? (I mean, The Rolling stones and Radiohead did it). I was wondering if vthat was ethical.

Yes. You don't even have to say where you got it. Judas Priest did this too, with a Bob Dylan song!

jrcsgtpeppers
01-06-2012, 05:58 AM
sorry jackal, i thought i was special :sad:
so, my friend and i are starting a shoegaze band, and his last band name was prophetic demise, they sound like the faceless, so we want to go opposite of that name. it means predicting death, blake suggested blind birth, thats a good start.

my sister came up with
how to milk a walrus and dead opossum

kinda random

^ i wanted to name our band oracular spectaular... but thats a little far

aeroslash09
01-11-2012, 03:57 PM
Hows the name KORRUSK.

Metalwise?

Sounds fine to me, capitals are quite OTT though.

How's The Vomiting Milkmen?

KORRUSK
01-12-2012, 12:11 AM
How's The Vomiting Milkmen?

Comical, but in a good way. :)

COREYTAYLOR721
01-30-2012, 04:11 PM
My ideas are Feast Thy Massacre or Unruly Apostles what u think???
don't steal okay ;)

COREYTAYLOR721
01-30-2012, 04:17 PM
slipknot5678 i don't really like that name either how about Sonic Haze is that dope or what no pun intended but try to think broad, Bind the Lascerations, Final Start, Blind Steps so on.

metalgod47
02-10-2012, 05:39 PM
my band has had many names, we were called sovernguard but no one has taken us seiously because of this, any advice in a new name.in our group, i play lead and my three infuences are dimebag,zakk and gus g. i am the main part of the sound and im a thrash metal and power metal guitarist, and i think the name should describe the sound, any suggestions?

Ultraussie
02-25-2012, 07:23 AM
sorry jackal, i thought i was special :sad:
so, my friend and i are starting a shoegaze band, and his last band name was prophetic demise, they sound like the faceless, so we want to go opposite of that name. it means predicting death, blake suggested blind birth, thats a good start.

my sister came up with
how to milk a walrus and dead opossum

kinda random

^ i wanted to name our band oracular spectaular... but thats a little far

Iwrestledabearonce

We butter the bread with butter

We Came as Romans

An*l C*nt

"Silly" band names are pretty common, but I would defiently wouldnt mind seeing a band called "Oracular spectacular", whatever "oracular" means lol,
and you cold also have "How To Milk The Dead Walrus" or "They Milk The Dead Walrus" or something similar, I ****ing loled at your sistsers suggestion bahahha..

Punk_Ninja
04-04-2012, 08:36 PM
Not sure if this thread is looked at much, but it looks like my band is nearing some band name problems.

We've been called 'Dispute' for a couple of years now, various singers doing not a whole lot, a few gigs here and there, a short stint as a covers band, etc. Anyway, now we're getting into gear, new singer, original material blah blah blah.

But, our new singer has decided to go ahead and write in our Facebook page's bio something that hints the band will be called "Raison D'etre" (Though he spelt it completely wrong! =P).

I've told a couple of friends about this, the reactions were all in the "sounds pretentious" "sounds band" kinda vein.

Personally I don't like it either, plus I don't like the idea that he's making such decisions without consultation.

Anyway I'm rambling a bit here.

I guess what I want to ask you guys is, opinions on the band's old name Dispute?
Opinions on the singer's proposed name Raison D'etre?

Also any suggestions for names?
I'm tempted to suggest "Ichiban", partially as a bit of a dig at the idea of a name in a different language, partially cos I'm semi-weeaboo and I like the idea of a Japanese name...and party cos I watch too much 'Friends'.

Any insight would be great, thanks! =)

ilovemyJAG
04-11-2012, 11:24 PM
oops, didnt see this thread. So yeah, we got San Tigre, Import Session, and Sound of The Living. We're an alt/rock band, kinda leaning towards San Tigre

HeartSick
04-13-2012, 06:03 AM
Punk Ninja: I agree that Raison D'etre sounds pretty pretentious, plus it seems like kind of a jerk move that your new singer not only decided on it, but then went and edited your Facebook without talking to you guys about it. I think Dispute is a little bit generic, plus there's already a band called La Dispute. I'd suggest brainstorming with your bandmates- why did the new singer want Raison d'Etre, anyway? Was it just because it's French, or does it mean something to him? Maybe you guys can all come up with something that's meaningful, but not so clichéd.

Also, maybe you can look in a thesaurus and find something that's similar to Dispute, but change it up to make it more interesting. Personally, I can't believe no one's named their band Fight Club yet, haha.

ilovemyJAG: San Tigre makes me think of Le Tigre.

Punk_Ninja
04-13-2012, 07:04 AM
Punk Ninja: I agree that Raison D'etre sounds pretty pretentious, plus it seems like kind of a jerk move that your new singer not only decided on it, but then went and edited your Facebook without talking to you guys about it. I think Dispute is a little bit generic, plus there's already a band called La Dispute. I'd suggest brainstorming with your bandmates- why did the new singer want Raison d'Etre, anyway? Was it just because it's French, or does it mean something to him? Maybe you guys can all come up with something that's meaningful, but not so clichéd.

Also, maybe you can look in a thesaurus and find something that's similar to Dispute, but change it up to make it more interesting. Personally, I can't believe no one's named their band Fight Club yet, haha.

Thanks for the input!
Yeah it was a bit of a dick move, luckily he's too much of a good singer for me to get too angry about it. :haha:

Dispute is incredibly generic, yeah. Plus the La Dispute thing is a valid point!
I think we definitely will have to have a proper session thinking about a name, it's not really a decision one person can make by editing the facebook page! =P

The reason for Raison D'etre is, more than likely, just cos it sounds pretentious. =P

Hah, really no band called Fight Club? Wow, not sure it'd suit my band but that's pretty shocking!

Thanks for your help.

ilovemyJAG, out of those names San Tigre sounds the best to me, but as HeartSick said, it does sound like Le Tigre. =/

Hereiwas
04-15-2012, 09:20 AM
Am I allowed to take my band name from the title of a book?

MirandaShambles
04-16-2012, 11:28 PM
^Many bands have.

I need a name for a 2 girl rock/punk project....Preferably without a 2g1c reference. :p:

Most_Triumphant
04-21-2012, 10:53 AM
^ 2 Girls, 1 Mission

JoeVertigo
04-21-2012, 05:27 PM
Not sure if this is the right thread, but...

Was kinda wondering how my band's name sounds in the ears of non-Polish speakers: Morovo

Tmusician
04-23-2012, 04:16 PM
I NEED SERIOUS HELP

My band's current name is "Dizzy Wolf", which I personally think is terrible! I really need to change it! The band is a rock band with influences such as Dream Theater and Avenged Sevenfold.

Would "Light Witness" be a good new name in your opinion? If not, do you have any other ideas?

Michele_R
04-24-2012, 08:43 AM
Was kinda wondering how my band's name sounds in the ears of non-Polish speakers: Morovo

It doesn't sound bad.
What does it mean?

I NEED SERIOUS HELP

My band's current name is "Dizzy Wolf", which I personally think is terrible! I really need to change it! The band is a rock band with influences such as Dream Theater and Avenged Sevenfold.

Would "Light Witness" be a good new name in your opinion? If not, do you have any other ideas?

To be sincere I prefer "Dizzy Wolf"...the other one sounds like a name just to have one; what is it supposed to "rapresent"?
No offense but it sounds a little bit ridiculous. Obiously it's only my opinion ;)

Tmusician
04-24-2012, 01:30 PM
It doesn't sound bad.
What does it mean?

To be sincere I prefer "Dizzy Wolf"...the other one sounds like a name just to have one; what is it supposed to "rapresent"?
No offense but it sounds a little bit ridiculous. Obiously it's only my opinion ;)

haha your response seems completely opposite. Dizzy Wolf is like the name just to have a name, doesn't really represent anything, and is a little bit ridiculous. Light Witness is a NEW name, we already have a name, so this isn't simply "just to have a name" but to improve it. It represents finding hope in one viewpoint. If you think it's ridiculous that's fair enough.

JoeVertigo
04-24-2012, 04:47 PM
It doesn't sound bad.
What does it mean?

It's phonetically written word "morowo" which is what people 50 years ago used instead of the word "cool", so I guess in English it could be something like "swell".

Michele_R
04-24-2012, 07:10 PM
haha your response seems completely opposite. Dizzy Wolf is like the name just to have a name, doesn't really represent anything, and is a little bit ridiculous. Light Witness is a NEW name, we already have a name, so this isn't simply "just to have a name" but to improve it. It represents finding hope in one viewpoint. If you think it's ridiculous that's fair enough.

Well, you know, as I said It's not intended to be offensive, but seriously dizzy wolf looks more...dunno, original, even if maybe it is ridicolous in a "good way".
Maybe it's due to the translation to italian I have in mind, but"Light Witness" remembers me something like:

http://www.gormiticlub.it/gormiti/image/serie-iii/463.png

It may also be caused by some problem with my brain :peace:

KGguitar
05-03-2012, 02:23 PM
Jonny Gas & The Riot Act

thoughts?

Rockford_rocks
05-08-2012, 04:48 PM
Jonny Gas & The Riot Act

thoughts?

Meh. When I first heard it I didn't have much interest in hearing the music. Sounds like stuff I wouldn't be into. First off, what genre are you playing?

Second, put the band name in this format:

"Hey, have you ever listened to ________?" and see if it sounds good.

_______

As far as my band goes, we used to be Blind Ambition but would like to change our name ASAP. We think it's too high-school band sounding, and we've also recently discovered a professional band from the UK has almost the same name.

The new name sounds like it's going to be King High Straight. We all like it, but I thought I'd get some outside opinion.

Thoughts?

yoman297
05-10-2012, 08:39 PM
Which ones better - Various Artists or Dead Charlie?

Stilo
05-11-2012, 12:19 PM
Hi there!
My new/old band is torn between a few names. So far, the one we might end up sticking with is...*drum roll*

Scarlett Bombshell.

Other name that made the finale: Godstar Rising.
We're an alternative rock/metal band drawing influence from Karnivool, Dead Letter Circus, Alter Bridge.

Yay or nay? :))

yoman297
05-14-2012, 06:38 AM
With Scarlett Bombshell Scarlett Johannsen might end up giving you a lawsuit.

I found an even better name: P.I.T.A. or Plants In The Army. The name explains for itself.

Ultraussie
05-20-2012, 03:53 AM
Which ones better - Various Artists or Dead Charlie?

Various Artist's would get pretty confusing although its a pretty cool sounding name.. Lol.
Next to the logo you'd have in small font (band) on posters and stuff.

Tmusician
05-22-2012, 11:03 AM
Who likes the band name Happy Wreck? Pop-punk kind of stuff.

fanjeera
05-28-2012, 03:13 PM
what if we named our band after an actor that was famous in the 50s? I think he even made some music. Would we get into copyright problems?

kylendm
05-29-2012, 07:14 PM
I need a decent band name. Our current one "A World Without" is kinda generic. We are a groove metal/djentish band. Looking for something kinda modern. Any help?

MrDo0m
05-31-2012, 05:00 PM
I need a decent band name. Our current one "A World Without" is kinda generic. We are a groove metal/djentish band. Looking for something kinda modern. Any help?

What kind of ideas have you had already? I don't really think "A World Without" is that bad, but I can see what you're saying. For a djent band the band name "Litany" comes to mind, but I hope that's not too similar to "Periphery".

pearljammer_1
06-04-2012, 02:08 PM
is it illegal to get a band name from a band that already dissolved? My band just started out, our first name was aphrodisiac but we found out that one was already taken, we've been searching for weeks :(

guitarherolol
06-04-2012, 02:59 PM
is it illegal to get a band name from a band that already dissolved? My band just started out, our first name was aphrodisiac but we found out that one was already taken, we've been searching for weeks :(

My band has the same name as a 'dissolved' band that were around a few years ago, I'm not sure if it is a problem though.

voncameron
06-06-2012, 12:30 AM
Venus Gospel. We're and Alt. funk Band with a female vocalist, with a progressive feel.

pearljammer_1
06-06-2012, 12:58 PM
Venus Gospel?? sounds awesome to me :)

voncameron
06-15-2012, 04:31 AM
Thanks. We changed it though. Now we're Charlie Peach. I'm hoping to create a whole character

Rockford_rocks
06-19-2012, 11:02 PM
I'm having a lot of trouble naming my band. :( We've been struggling to think of something for a long time but nothing's really hit us and stuck.

We used to be called Blind Ambition, but we quickly got tired of that as it's synonymous with our old style: In your face, too generic, and a bit juvenile. We've switched from post-grunge to a more laid back modern rock style. Think like a Manchester Orchestra or early Foxy Shazam without the ridiculous vocals. So, kind of a modern alt rock style, with flairs of punk, indie, and hipster-y styles. Trust me, I'm doing my best to describe it. It's hard. :haha

We've come up with some stuff, but nothing's been awesome. Here are some of my ideas:

King High Straight
Remission Wish (Or something else that rolls off the tongue following remission)
(The) Drawing Board
Wall Street Harlot (it's the name of one of our songs, personally I love it but have no feedback from the band yet)

Any ideas? :(

rockfan7
06-19-2012, 11:10 PM
Do you think She Loves Me Not is a good name for a post-rock/sadcore/punk band?

voncameron
06-20-2012, 03:33 AM
I'm having a lot of trouble naming my band. :( We've been struggling to think of something for a long time but nothing's really hit us and stuck.

We used to be called Blind Ambition, but we quickly got tired of that as it's synonymous with our old style: In your face, too generic, and a bit juvenile. We've switched from post-grunge to a more laid back modern rock style. Think like a Manchester Orchestra or early Foxy Shazam without the ridiculous vocals. So, kind of a modern alt rock style, with flairs of punk, indie, and hipster-y styles. Trust me, I'm doing my best to describe it. It's hard. :haha

We've come up with some stuff, but nothing's been awesome. Here are some of my ideas:

King High Straight
Remission Wish (Or something else that rolls off the tongue following remission)
(The) Drawing Board
Wall Street Harlot (it's the name of one of our songs, personally I love it but have no feedback from the band yet)

Any ideas? :(

Personally, I like The Drawing Board. Wall Street Harlot could work, but Idk if it flows...

Do you think She Loves Me Not is a good name for a post-rock/sadcore/punk band?

Heh, sounds like it would fit considering your description. Reminds me of mewithoutyou.

tman267
06-29-2012, 11:17 PM
"A Forest of Monoliths"

This may be way late, but maybe "Monolith Forest" would sound better, since it's shorter.

What does everyone think of a few names I have for a solo project, kind of an acoustic/indie/folk-punk sound:
Count Irie
Ezra, the Bastard
Bourgeois Social Club

Michele_R
06-30-2012, 06:07 AM
What does everyone think of a few names I have for a solo project, kind of an acoustic/indie/folk-punk sound:
Count Irie
Ezra, the Bastard
Bourgeois Social Club

The first one sounds good in my opinion.
I don't really like the last, the second looks more like the name of some charachter fo some fantasy book or game.

avafreak252
07-06-2012, 05:02 AM
What are you guys' thoughts on the name "Stability"? It's like rock music mixed with electronic.

pintolosa117
07-18-2012, 08:27 PM
How about the name "Difficult" for a hard rock/grunge band? I wanted something simple and people always call my drummer and I stubborn and difficult lol

Mathedes
08-08-2012, 06:00 PM
Maybe, if you want to flaunt your drummer's ego. Is he even the band leader?

Who likes the band name Happy Wreck? Pop-punk kind of stuff.
For the style, I like it. It has an adolescent cynicism to it, but make sure the lyrics reflect that.

Vanderguitars
08-10-2012, 10:15 AM
I'm trying to find a name along the lines of Chunk! No, Captain Chunk, A Day to Remember, A Skylite Drive...etc etc messge me ideas please!

punkforlife93
08-12-2012, 11:19 PM
^Warm Dogshit Earthquake Tears

Xmaniac
09-01-2012, 05:38 PM
our singer tought of this one: zero alice, neon alice or mad alice
what do you think? we play punk/grunge
altrough i dont totaly dig it i would love to hear your opinion
we are realy desperate to find a name :D

tottsk1
09-29-2012, 07:19 PM
our singer tought of this one: zero alice, neon alice or mad alice
what do you think? we play punk/grunge
altrough i dont totaly dig it i would love to hear your opinion
we are realy desperate to find a name :D

Neon Alice sounds terrible, why not: Barf Alice, Barf! :haha:

Jamler3
11-18-2012, 07:20 PM
Has anybody got a name for Rock/Pop band?

Right now we're called The Contenders, so please help me......

Fret Barz

Doctor.Dolittle
11-26-2012, 11:26 PM
Well, for my band, it's a shot between Roses 4 Goldylox (I know, it is spelled wrong) or Bliss. The drummer and I voted for Bliss while the singer and bass player voted for R4G. We play mostly grunge. Trying to decide a name. Anyone care to help?

Jamler3
11-27-2012, 10:39 PM
Well, for my band, it's a shot between Roses 4 Goldylox (I know, it is spelled wrong) or Bliss. The drummer and I voted for Bliss while the singer and bass player voted for R4G. We play mostly grunge. Trying to decide a name. Anyone care to help?

I Like: > Roses 4 Gold... (NOT Goldylox)

Bliss is too close to Kiss... I know, Really? Yeah...

AlanHB
12-03-2012, 08:36 PM
My friends band is called "Jim the gerbil king and the avenging date warriors".

What do you think?

amonamarthmetal
12-04-2012, 12:44 AM
My friends band is called "Jim the gerbil king and the avenging date warriors".

What do you think?
Do they Play grind-core? It sounds pretty grind-core to me.

91RG350
12-04-2012, 02:56 AM
Well..the avenging thing and the gerbil thing ties in..... potentially anyway.....

stanadon
12-04-2012, 06:18 AM
thinking of a band name with freckle in, any good ideas?

Steyr9001
12-05-2012, 08:51 PM
How does Abandon All Hope sound for a band name? It's a metal band, drawing particular influence from black, doom, folk, and melodic death metal.

Came to me at work today while I was washes dishes thinking about Dante's Inferno.

louis94
12-08-2012, 02:45 AM
What do u guys think about the name Mediocre At Best

ChucklesMginty
12-11-2012, 03:23 PM
I think it's mediocre at best.

I'm playing in a 3 piece fusion/prog rock group, and need a suggestion for a name like The Aristocrats, Weather Report, Return to Forever.

Any ideas?

louis94
12-12-2012, 03:29 PM
haha im guessing thats a no

ChucklesMginty
12-12-2012, 03:40 PM
Yeah, no offense. But I don't like it.

EmilGD
12-12-2012, 05:44 PM
@Chuckles: Light Breeze

Not inspired by "Weather Report" at aaaaaallllllllll..................

Putricide
12-16-2012, 01:02 AM
Im currently playing in two bands right now,

One band is a Stoner/Doom metal band named Putricide.

The other is a Hardcore Punk band named "the disgusting dirty ****ING teenagers"

Opinions? And yes theres reasoning and thought behind both names. Obviously not as much thought behind Teenagers XD

gunsnroses#1
12-16-2012, 02:39 PM
That One Band. That way when someone asks someone else if they've seen That One Band, they'll ask "what one band?", to which you'll reply "That One Band". And on and on.

Punk_Ninja
01-17-2013, 12:16 PM
Not sure how active this thread still is, but what does everyone think of the name:

"The Red Light Affair"?

I'm in a band who have decided to all themselves that, I don't think it's the greatest name ever, but it sounds fitting for the band and it actually sounds like a band name, anyway, one member seems to want to change it because someone said it sounds "old fashioned" and "like a brothel".

Does anyone think it's a particularly bad name?

Jamler3
01-20-2013, 08:24 PM
Not sure how active this thread still is, but what does everyone think of the name:

"The Red Light Affair"?

I'm in a band who have decided to all themselves that, I don't think it's the greatest name ever, but it sounds fitting for the band and it actually sounds like a band name, anyway, one member seems to want to change it because someone said it sounds "old fashioned" and "like a brothel".

Does anyone think it's a particularly bad name?

Not bad dude... Sounds old school but not too

Punk_Ninja
01-21-2013, 12:59 PM
Not bad dude... Sounds old school but not too

Those were my thoughts, felt kinda bad cos the guy who suggested it seems to be a quiet kinda guy and I thought it'd be nice for his confidence within the band to use his name.

Turns out we're being called "Seeking Alice" now though.

kenzoomoo
02-06-2013, 05:05 PM
Alternative rock/grunge band, slight funk/blues feel.
Currently called Crooked Shree, previously Red Monday, The Fro.

Any ideas?

GoodnightHero
02-08-2013, 04:41 PM
A City Sideways
or
Why Whisper

for a post harcore, progressive, emo band? or something completely different?

Andalus
02-08-2013, 10:37 PM
A City Sideways
or
Why Whisper

What about Goodnight Hero? Decent band name

Masquirina
02-11-2013, 08:04 PM
Let's see... nope, zero good ideas come to mind.

Werebird
Laserbeam Spotlight
The Pressure Wave
Whales Under Pressure
Embrace Velocity
Escape Velocity
Sarcolemmings

I don't know.

Jamler3
02-11-2013, 08:27 PM
Pressure Of Velocity or POV.
Grreat name.

Travis Penisten
03-07-2013, 05:42 PM
Hey what do you guys think of the name "Pulse and Perish"

caroladacey
03-11-2013, 08:39 AM
Can you send the easiest way to playing game with new band name? :)

MirandaShambles
04-07-2013, 08:02 PM
Name for a solo working? Indie and Punk.

slap-a-bass
04-16-2013, 03:58 PM
i need a good name for a led zepp jam type all-american rocknroll group, help :)

RussellNelson
04-22-2013, 02:26 PM
Which sounds better Helios, Idle Hands, or Battle Axe? My band plays classic rock, and hair/heavy metal.
I like Battle Axe. They're all pretty good though.

bdof
05-07-2013, 10:08 AM
My drummer wants to name us Endless Terror, mainly because, if we were to make it big and sustain a long career, he wants the "Best Of" CD to have a cool name like Reign of Terror :haha:

rollertoaster
05-25-2013, 01:38 AM
"Bring Me Giants" for a pop-punk, alternative rock sorta band?

mjpb
06-05-2013, 04:12 PM
Midnight Dice or Flying Daggers for a punk rock/alt rock band?

DCREEGS
06-12-2013, 06:22 PM
Here's mine.....Japes & The Interlopers......"Japes" is the nickname of our "lead vocalist". Interlopers meaning people in the way, unwanted, etc. etc. It has that kinda old timey feel like Dion & The Belmonts, or Maurice Williams and The Zodiacs, y'know?

DRMguitar
06-29-2013, 01:12 AM
I really hope this thread is still going!
A few of our names are as follows
(We play Pantera style music)

Vulgar Hype

Sweaty Lettuce

Angel Dust and Cocaine

Knighted Presence

Bestowed Existence

Twisted Wishes

Granted Denial

Flightless Power

Winds of The Mountain

Parabolic Warp

Feuer Regen (German for Fire Rain)

Which do you like best for my metal band?

DRMguitar
06-29-2013, 01:15 AM
Midnight Dice or Flying Daggers for a punk rock/alt rock band?

Midnight Dice, awesome

DRMguitar
06-29-2013, 01:27 AM
Here is some more names for my Pantera style band

Napalmed Towers

Raised in Flames

Hell Grazer

Heaven Grasp

Knowledge of the Never

Nuclear Flower (cool album art idea with petals on a flower shaped like the nuke thing, and a cool play on words from Nuclear Power) probably taken though

jcscullery
08-24-2013, 03:03 PM
Is there a band called "Sex" yet?

Reino Tulonen
08-29-2013, 04:35 PM
Sibilence... to me it sounds like there's mysterios and diverse music. So what do you think of my band's name which is Extraterrestrial Teaparty?

Reino Tulonen
08-29-2013, 04:41 PM
Here is some more names for my Pantera style band

Napalmed Towers

Raised in Flames

Hell Grazer

Heaven Grasp

Knowledge of the Never

Nuclear Flower (cool album art idea with petals on a flower shaped like the nuke thing, and a cool play on words from Nuclear Power) probably taken though

^Nuclear Flower! I love it<3

rollertoaster
01-18-2014, 04:11 AM
A City Sideways
or
Why Whisper

Happy if I use "A City Sideways" for my posthardcore/hard rock sorta project?

ThatSlyB
01-31-2014, 04:31 AM
S*** Sticks on a Bun.

Hardcore punk. Singer came up with that and we just went with it haha

GabeGamboa
02-11-2014, 03:06 PM
Would you listen to a band named Fire Burns Below?
Also, do you think it's a good idea to name a hardcore band like that?

boblittle
03-23-2014, 08:50 PM
Cigerettes and Valentines?
Drowning lessons?
Crushing Fruits that are commonly associated with the holiday of halloween? :p:

Mason Bruce
05-12-2014, 04:10 PM
It thought of one for a Led Zeppelin cover/tribute band. The Hindenburg or just Hindenburg in reference to the real crashing zeppelin on the first album cover art.

Minicaxotinho
05-19-2014, 08:29 PM
Ok, since this is the ONLY band name thread, here goes:

I think I found a pretty good name, but after searching google it seems there's a band that has a similar name, only the first letter is different.

The other band doesn't seem to be "big" as of yet, they started in 2010 (I think), and they play a different genre.

I think the two names sound different enough, but what should I do? Should I forget about it?

Of_Wolves
05-20-2014, 06:24 AM
Ok, since this is the ONLY band name thread, here goes:

I think I found a pretty good name, but after searching google it seems there's a band that has a similar name, only the first letter is different.

The other band doesn't seem to be "big" as of yet, they started in 2010 (I think), and they play a different genre.

I think the two names sound different enough, but what should I do? Should I forget about it?

In English, changing the first letter of a word can have a HUGE difference. If you're bothered about your band name rhyming with their's, or reminding people of the other band then yeah, you could have a problem.

But lets be honest. If they're not playing in the same scene as you and aren't even all that well known, it's not going to matter for toffee, is it.

That's pretty much all I can say with hear the name you have in mind.

Minicaxotinho
05-20-2014, 07:55 AM
Of_Wolves
Thanks!

That first letter really does make a big difference, their name starts with an M and mine with a guttural R (I'm not comfortable saying it here :haha: should I make a facebook page to discourage possible future uses?)

Of_Wolves
05-20-2014, 08:06 AM
Well, rat vs mat..

If you like the name, then I'd say you'll be fine. No point worrying about it unless you insist on calling your band something like team theater, mera telos.

FunkyApache
06-09-2014, 03:49 PM
How would you rate this band name?
BlunderBox

Of_Wolves
06-10-2014, 05:52 AM
How would you rate this band name?
BlunderBox

Never been a fan of quirky type setting (eg, lack of spaces, capitals in strange places, or none at all for that matter).

So.. even though I'd personally write it Blunder Box, I'd say you're definitely on to something. Simple. Effective :D

FunkyApache
06-10-2014, 03:57 PM
Never been a fan of quirky type setting (eg, lack of spaces, capitals in strange places, or none at all for that matter).

So.. even though I'd personally write it Blunder Box, I'd say you're definitely on to something. Simple. Effective :D

Haha ok thanks for the advice dude :D I'll let the bandmates know ;)

Of_Wolves
06-11-2014, 06:23 PM
Haha ok thanks for the advice dude :D I'll let the bandmates know ;)

Don't get me wrong. Totally up to you. I'm just some guy on the net :p:

teleobrien
06-26-2014, 06:55 PM
What do you guys think of Faire? We probably arent gonna change it regardless, I just wanna know what outsiders think of it
BTW if you dont know, Faire means "To Do" or "Do" in French (depending on who you ask)

We're a mishmosh of like Indie Folk, classic synth prog, and (according to a few) Jazz Fusion (though I may disagree with them)

Added Bonus, a crazy rough demo of a song we wrote called Things That Go On When You Build Bridges (we also have a song called Building Bridges)
And by rough I mean we hung a USB condenser mic from the ceiling fan and hit record
https://soundcloud.com/airefficial/things-that-go-on-when-you-build-bridges#t=3:20
Dont be too harsh on me :P

HeretiK538
09-03-2014, 05:48 AM
I've been a bit stumped for names at the minute. I'm releasing a solo album, but I don't really want to just release it under my own name, and I don't like pseudonyms. I had the name Denizen in my head for a while, but there are a few other bands with the name, so I figured I'd rather have something else.

The album is all progressive psychedelic rock, with a heavy helping of shameless Tool/ Porcupine Tree ripoffs. Can you offer any advice? Some demos linked below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMAfEETvA6w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOwe982BbAM

FrankDeets
11-14-2014, 05:17 PM
some kool names :)

FibsonStratPaul
12-17-2014, 07:27 PM
How's "The Rising Fall"