LoGcob
01-05-2007, 10:49 PM
sustain

Gibson Phoney
01-06-2007, 07:18 PM
How is The Malt Teasers :D

吉他手成年
01-06-2007, 11:42 PM
Ok we have a rock/metal band and the two names we have that we're deciding on right now are "TAFKA" and "False Accusations"

What do you guys think?

ElectricSledge
01-07-2007, 04:35 AM
What do you think about the name spiral sensation? (actually its in spanish, so its sensacion espiral) wich actually means more like spiral feeling than sensation, although it sounds better with "sensacion" than with "sentimiento"... its for some kind of classic rock/metal band

sensacion esprial sounds cool, and yer i prefer sensacion over sentimento aswell.

What do you guys think of the band name "delusions of grandeur." Im either thinking that or "tornado came early."

out of the two you listed, i like delusions of grandeur better.

sustain

for a band name? nah doesnt sound too good...well actually depends what genre u play. for a metal band its not that great imo.

How is The Malt Teasers :D

what music do u play? would be pretty cool for an altnernative-type band.

Ok we have a rock/metal band and the two names we have that we're deciding on right now are "TAFKA" and "False Accusations"

um, not a fan of either (is TAFKA supposed to mean anything?). if u were set on having either one...i'd choose TAKFA simply because it "looks" more 'metal'...i guess.

what u guys think of the names i posted (6 posts above of this one)

吉他手成年
01-07-2007, 02:50 PM
Yeah, TAFKA does stand for something, but it's a band secret.

And out of your names, ElectricSledge, I really like Tempest Guardian. Has a really cool ring to it.

KileManA7X
01-07-2007, 06:40 PM
What sounds better? Arrowhead, Grudge, Bloody Knuckles or Doomsday?

Gibson Phoney
01-07-2007, 06:45 PM
what music do u play? would be pretty cool for an altnernative-type band.

Alternative it is :peace:

ihaveatail
01-07-2007, 07:02 PM

i like arrowhead the most but it depends on the genre. its not a very metal name. more emo if u ask me.

Fickstigure
01-08-2007, 10:13 PM
how about "Nuclear Grandma"

ARCtrooper225
01-08-2007, 10:31 PM
Hey, I need a new band name. We're pretty much a rock band with funk and blues influences (think a cross-breed between audioslave, RHCP, and Led Zeppelin). Right now, our name is Newborn Fire, and we hate it, but it's all we've got. Any suggestions?

Fire Hawk
01-08-2007, 10:34 PM
My bands called "Sounds like Anarchy"

qurazy
01-09-2007, 01:47 PM
"Bent Cigar" that's us

Stilo
01-09-2007, 03:38 PM

Arrowhead gives me a Mushroomhead association too much...
Grudge sounds good, maybe with additional ''The''...pretty universal and nice
Bloody Knuckles - really punkish/hardcore name, I don't know
Doomsday - so......metal, lol

frusciante_man1
01-09-2007, 04:09 PM
hey i REALLY need a band name..

we're a 4-man rock group, covering stuff like RHCP, The Who, Gnr and Audioslave.

I'd like something quite like.. mellow and calm, but interesting as well

any ideas would be appreciated :D

Piro Gonzalez
01-09-2007, 10:28 PM
How about "The Lich Gene" or "Doriath" (from "The Silmarillion") for a grindcore/death metal band?

Quark Soup
01-11-2007, 02:36 AM
^I like Doriath.

I need a name for my band and I can't think of one. We play Mississippi Delta Blues. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Worhan
01-11-2007, 05:34 AM
Could any one help me with the name for my band? We play In Flames-esque melodeath, so we don't want any "tru satanic name"...help?

LovesToRock
01-11-2007, 08:18 AM
Hey what about Teary Eyes??

qurazy
01-11-2007, 04:45 PM
hey i REALLY need a band name..

we're a 4-man rock group, covering stuff like RHCP, The Who, Gnr and Audioslave.

I'd like something quite like.. mellow and calm, but interesting as well

any ideas would be appreciated :D

Dylian League

yawn
01-11-2007, 06:12 PM
Wall of Skin.

Good or bad?

GrungePb
01-12-2007, 01:39 AM
ughhh, band name for 4 guys
mix between, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Iron Madien, the clash, Alan Parsons Project

oregonguitarist
01-12-2007, 03:24 AM
I really need a name for a band that I want to make soon, can you guys gimme some suggestions please? We will play things like Metallica, Green Day, Slipknot, Mudvayne... etc... please be serious on the names

metalcorehero
01-14-2007, 08:25 AM
ok i have a christian metalcore band called "Reigning Blood"

what do you's think?

ARCtrooper225
01-14-2007, 04:53 PM
christian metalcore band named reigning blood...slayer album called reign in blood...something doesn't seem right here...lol

btw...anyone still wanna help me...4 piece band, 2 guitars, drummer/singer, bass, play stuff like audioslave, RHCP, Led zeppelin, etc... current name is newborn fire, but we don't like it...any suggestions

yawn
01-14-2007, 05:32 PM
ok i have a christian metalcore band called "Reigning Blood"

what do you's think?Aside from the noticeable Slayer connotations, does it have a certain meaning? I can imagine names like "Saved By Blood" or "Eternal Nails" working, but I'm not completely sure what "Reigning Blood" would signify.

btw...anyone still wanna help me...4 piece band, 2 guitars, drummer/singer, bass, play stuff like audioslave, RHCP, Led zeppelin, etc... current name is newborn fire, but we don't like it...any suggestionsUm...it's kind of hard to just pick a name out of the blue :-/

Maybe pick a name that has some local reference, or a historical reference, or even a reference to some book or movie.

So, is Wall of Skin a good name?

ARCtrooper225
01-14-2007, 05:35 PM
wall of skin...what kind of band are you, what are your songs about, etc...?
without any backround knowledge of your band, I can't really say I'm diggin the name

yawn
01-14-2007, 06:12 PM
^ Ah, I forgot about that aspect.

Well, the band is musically very diverse. Genres include pop-rock, classical, metal, flamenco, blues, and more.

Lyrically, the songs all revolve around the complexities of human interaction. Song inspirations include works of poetry, Russian novels, historical events, and other things of the sort - all dealing with human interaction.

Edit: Since this started a new age, I might as well re-post the name: Wall of Skin

ARCtrooper225
01-14-2007, 06:18 PM
Oh...Okay. Still, can't say I'm diggin' it. I can understand it, but if you want, keep it. You should pick a name that's meaningful to you, not others...

muSico
01-15-2007, 06:03 AM
I need a SERIOUS band name (it can have humor in it, but nothing too stupid). We just play what the guitarist cooks up (nothing good yet). We mainly play RHCP, Metallica, Green Day, Sum 41, Ramones, U2 etc. stuff

Nothing kiddie too please

greendayguitar
01-15-2007, 01:52 PM
Ok. So, my Band is in need of a band name (Whoa, crazyness right thurr.). Anyways, we're at a dead end of coming up with one. we play stuff like Three Days Grace, Avenged Sevenfold, Rise Against, and our own stuff. We were thinking of something like Loyal Persuit or Trial Persuit, but we're not sure at all.

Comments on those two names and some suggestions of other names would be appreciated.

WhereArtEsteban
01-16-2007, 12:31 AM
Is the name The Red Stamp Club any good?

Because out of all of the ones we come up with that seems to be the best.

BTW we play "Indie" folk rock and just plain rock.

EDIT: What about Team Inferior ?

GrungePb
01-16-2007, 07:24 PM
ughhh, band name for 4 guys
mix between, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Iron Madien, the clash, Alan Parsons Project
guess i stumped you guys

BoyHeReplaced
01-20-2007, 11:13 AM
What do you guys think about "Our Proudest Moment "

Helgi T.T.
01-21-2007, 10:24 AM
guess i stumped you guys

Iron Clash Led Pink Project :p:

the1
01-21-2007, 01:29 PM
Mmmmm, 've been thinking of names recently but can't get one with a ring to it...

So far I have:

Bloodlust (But we aren't really metal)
Serenity (Kinda gay)

We're (well we will be when I get a ****ing band) metal/grunge alternative. Like ALlce In Chains but with more metal influences. Any suggestions?

the1
01-21-2007, 01:30 PM
****, Bloodlust is taken. And Serenity. Damn it, any suggestions then?

D_y_p26
01-21-2007, 01:56 PM
broken soundbox

yawn
01-21-2007, 03:41 PM
broken soundboxPretty good, though you'd have to have a dissonant, chaotic sound to match it.

So, how about the name:

The Machiavellian Principle

for a song? (not a band name, but a name for a song)

the1
01-21-2007, 04:10 PM
Good song name, sounds complex and memorable. What style?

yawn
01-21-2007, 04:15 PM
Musically, it'll be similar in musical style and dynamics to Bohemian Rhapsody.

GrungePb
01-22-2007, 01:57 AM
Iron Clash Led Pink Project :p:

lol YAY :D :D

littlewing456
01-22-2007, 10:34 PM
what do you guys think of groupies w/ guitars as a band that covers the ramones, early green-day, social distortion, blink-182 etc...

yawn
01-22-2007, 10:43 PM
^ As long as you guys aren't males...

littlewing456
01-22-2007, 11:49 PM
what about plan c

yawn
01-22-2007, 11:53 PM
^ Sounds like some kind of "last alternative" for treating someone with STD's...

*sorry*

littlewing456
01-23-2007, 12:07 AM
at least ur honest....and that is all i can think of

as for wall of skin, i think it kinda sounds neat and i could see it on t-shirts and posters and if ur bandmates like it go for it if they don't try something like the manchurians or something else, i could think of a million things to go with history but they would sound kinda geeky...try putting two russian poets names together like pink floyd kinda did but they didn't use poets

yawn
01-23-2007, 12:12 AM
^ Lol, thanks for the feedback :)

Helloween_rox
01-23-2007, 12:18 AM
My band's name is "Take 5 And Die". We're a mix of punk, alternative (like The Offspring), metal, and a smattering of classic rock (60's to early 80's era), but we focus more on the alternative and metal genres.

iamwangzilla
01-23-2007, 09:07 AM
"The Forgotten." what do you think?

ismokerox
01-23-2007, 12:20 PM
the forgotten.... really... way to non-creative. im sure it took you no time in thinking of that one but if you insist on using forgotten as your main use something else with it
ex. forgotten prophecies or lost but not forgotten, or a walk into the forgotten. just use something a little more powerfull.

ismokerox
01-23-2007, 12:22 PM
we are the city of ai.

do some research and you can find the meaning

Heascase
01-24-2007, 02:29 PM
My band really needs a new name (current one is ignition). I've thought up some Ideas but the only one that I really like is...

Sky Moves Sideways

1. What do you think?
2. The keyboardist on my band keeps saying its too long. Were a progressive rock/metal band, you decide!

EDIT: Before anyone says something, yes it is after the Porcupine Tree album.

Iceman729
01-24-2007, 05:37 PM
We need a band name and we cant decide....Metal band
Heirarchy
Infecting the System
Overdrive
Overdose
Traumatosis

Ty for your time

yawn
01-24-2007, 05:53 PM
^ I pick "Ty for your time".

ElectricSledge
01-25-2007, 07:34 AM
We need a band name and we cant decide....Metal band
Heirarchy
Infecting the System
Overdrive
Overdose
Traumatosis

Ty for your time

try and stay away from anything that has "the system" in it. i like Traumatosis out of all of those.

My band really needs a new name (current one is ignition). I've thought up some Ideas but the only one that I really like is...

Sky Moves Sideways

i don't mind it, only problem with it is that its taken from the name of an album...so when people see your name it may make them think of Procupine Tree...just my 5 cents.

we are the city of ai.

"city of ruins"... is that what it translates to? anyway, i like it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
what do u guys think of these names?

1. Pugachev Cobra
2. Decoy Clash
3. Gunship Caracal
4. Salting the Earth
5. Orichalcum

we are a metal/blues band. cheers!

ismokerox
01-26-2007, 01:28 PM
yeah, thats the translation

as far as the sky name.

this was a name of one of my older bands \\\\\\\"burning your blue skies\\\\\\\"

its long but it says \\\\\\\"hey listen to me! or ill come kick you in the face!\\\\\\\" in a nice kinda way...:devil: :devil:

oh and ^^ i like #3 gunship.....

Pizzapotamus
01-27-2007, 06:35 AM
one good way of getting band names for metal bands i've found is to grab some magic: the gathering cards and start reading off names of black cards.

ARCtrooper225
01-28-2007, 12:44 AM
We just decided on a new name but we're not sure how to have it. We're choosing between:
Cosmic eggroll and Cosmic eggrolls (singular/plural) so any help choosing would be nice :D

ComplistiK
01-28-2007, 02:53 PM
My band's still thinking about a name...

What do you guys think of "Tomorrow's Really Yesterday" or "Creative Insanity"?

I think that you have a band name and the name of your fist album there.

Either be Tomorrow's Really Yesterday, and have your first album be Creative Insanity OR

Be Creative Insanity and have your first album be Tomorrow's Really Yesterday.

Since you guys have narrowed it down to two, flip a coin.

billdoe
01-28-2007, 11:34 PM
my band name is last fatal suffering. Does anyone like it? my drummer and singer say it should be END THE BEAST.

ismokerox
01-30-2007, 03:15 PM
ah?... its alright.. not attention grabbing..... but still kinda cliche\'

BurningOn65
01-30-2007, 04:17 PM
ok, what is the best band name
1. The Problematique
2. The Eightfold Path
3. Cockpit Warriors
4. Lazyboy and the Recliner
5. Six Floor Saints
6. Woosencraft
7. Fat Guy in a Little Coat

the1
01-30-2007, 05:54 PM
My Band will be called CLAIRVOYANCE.

Good choice?

the1
01-30-2007, 05:55 PM
ok, what is the best band name
1. The Problematique
2. The Eightfold Path
3. Cockpit Warriors
4. Lazyboy and the Recliner
5. Six Floor Saints
6. Woosencraft
7. Fat Guy in a Little Coat

Six Floor Saints has a good ring to it.

grungefan89
01-30-2007, 06:18 PM
Two friends of mine and myself are due to jam very soon. If things go great, then we'll add a drummer and make things official. Anyway, I've been preparing for such a situation. Possible names for our project include:

Human Condition
Egyptian Death Mask
Control
Decadence
5 Year Epidemic
State of Corruption
Autumn Rust
Defiance on Mute
Shadows to Ashes

Listen, if the above names are original/not in use, I trust you not to take them and use them. That's intellectual theft, you know? Plagiarism. They're not terribly great, but it's better than 40 per cent of what's in this thread.

Jearl
01-30-2007, 06:58 PM
each member in my band came up with an idea for a name, and we cant agree...so were going to see what gets most votes from here, and myspace and stuff. which do you like best?

Three Strikes and Counting

Your Ruse

Skamakazi

BurningOn65
01-30-2007, 10:43 PM
each member in my band came up with an idea for a name, and we cant agree...so were going to see what gets most votes from here, and myspace and stuff. which do you like best?

Three Strikes and Counting

Your Ruse

Skamakazi

I think skamakazi is definitly good, if you're a ska band.
Three strikes and counting is my second choice.
I don't like your ruse.

ARCtrooper225
02-02-2007, 12:54 AM
Okay, I need some help here again, lol. Right now we're a four-piece that goes like: 1 bassist, 2 guitarists, and 1 drummer who sings, and we are currently looking for a singer. Our current name is Newborn Fire, but we hate it. We play rock with funk and blues influences (like RHCP, Audioslave, Led Zeppelin, etc.) We were originally going to change our name to cosmic eggroll, but there's already a funk band named cosmic egg, but I'm sure you can see what kind of name we're looking for. Any help please?

blacklabelsdmf
02-02-2007, 11:46 PM
ok, need help fast. the idea is a southern, thrash, and speed metal band from Texas. such influences go as Pantera, Black Label Society, Slayer, Megadeath, Metallica (the good stuff). we're from Dallas Texas and trying to keep our name, style, and sound southern. please post and PM me. muchos gracias

ismokerox
02-06-2007, 02:40 PM
here is my band name with some art i did a while back... tell me what you think.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d144/ballistic_baller/3-1.gif

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d144/ballistic_baller/5.gif

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d144/ballistic_baller/1.gif

Lauke_101
02-06-2007, 02:50 PM
What do you think of my bands name? Beyond Making Sense..

Citiz3n 3ras3d
02-06-2007, 10:19 PM
Hey guys.I've got a 3 piece Post-Hardcore/Metalcore band that takes influence from everything from Bayside to The Fall of Troy to Napalm Death.We have two-step beats,breakdowns and more 'grind' and 'deathcore' ish parts as well.Currently we're Instilling The Affliction, but we wanna change it to something else as that's already an Animosity song.What we've come up with so far is

Under a Foreign Sky
Beneath The Hatchet
The Pelopennesian War

I like Under a Foreign Sky and The Pelopennesian War the best so far.Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

ismokerox
02-07-2007, 01:33 PM
the beyond making sence..... is this a humorous band, bc its definatly a name you want to give a rock or metal band

and i think under a foreign sky is preaty tight.... but for a hardcore /metal sound its not very intimidating... you could try something like , \"burning your blue skys\" or whatever ( that was the name of one of my older bands)

noxios
02-10-2007, 08:58 AM
how does axis sound as a band name for a group that 80' rock

Metal_Militia15
02-10-2007, 11:22 PM
Alright well I don't know about you guys but.. I am really REALLLY getting sick of new bands coming out with names that are the most cliched bullshit ever. Ie. The Ends Of Sanity, The Lies Of Tomorrow, The ____ Of ____. I know all these bands around where I live and most of them have stupid names like the ones I put up there.

So I guess I'm just trying to help you in your quest for band names by removing that option. Cheers

yawn
02-10-2007, 11:52 PM
Hey how's the name The Informalities of Miscalculations? :)

the_me_effect
02-11-2007, 10:16 AM
Okay, everyone. Me and a few friends have just started a band. There are two guitarists, one pianist and a drummer. We plan on playing pop/rock/acoustic stuff, mostly. So far we've got two names under real consideration:

1) Inked
2) Gloria's Lies

Which do you think is better?

ratmblink123
02-11-2007, 04:13 PM
My band's name is Horseshoes and Handgrenades.

good?
bad?

oh and to the guy above me... INKED

all caps.

Avalanchi
02-11-2007, 04:40 PM
Hey how's the name The Informalities of Miscalculations? :)

A bit long. ^_^

Horseshoes and Hand Grenades has a nice ring to it being that it's a commonly used expression.

Avalanchi
02-11-2007, 04:46 PM
Autumn's Rust anyone?

ARCtrooper225
02-11-2007, 09:26 PM
My band just renamed itself to Cosmic fire, anyone like it?

Gibson Phoney
02-13-2007, 07:02 PM
How is the following names for an alternative/modern rock band (Muse, Incubus, Manics, Rage etc)
Lasting Impression
The Syndrome
Confidential Craze
Ocean Of Noise
Filling The Void

Which one is the best (Your Favourite)

the1
02-13-2007, 07:21 PM
Confidential Craze.

How is Clairvoyance?

Avalanchi
02-13-2007, 10:26 PM
How is the following names for an alternative/modern rock band (Muse, Incubus, Manics, Rage etc)
Lasting Impression
The Syndrome
Confidential Craze
Ocean Of Noise
Filling The Void

Which one is the best (Your Favourite)

They all seem rather generic... Ocean of Noise seems the best.

21xanadu12
02-13-2007, 10:34 PM
I need help here. I'm in a band that's somewhat Sabbath like, but with a little more blues incorporated. The bassist and rhythm guitarist want to call it Vendetta but neither the drummer nor I like it and think it sounds too heavy for what we are playing. Thanks.

Myth
02-14-2007, 10:56 AM
i dont know about a few, our band has trouble agreeing on names

i like Fifteen Minutes of Fame

but there is also Sudden Impact
Blunt Force Trauma
Botosawana (i think thats how he spelled it, it means little brother of war. which is alright i guess because we are canadian, and america is always at war...)
Concrete Angels
The Non-Conformists (its an oxymoron, being a nonconformists means you conformed to the nonconformists, and therefore, are not a nonconformist lol)
Gag Reflex
heliocentric (the idea that everything revolved around the sun, made in whatever century way ago, the church didnt like it, they said everything revolved around the earth, and then killed all the scientists that beleived in heliocentric ideas

please comment on these, pick your favourite, thanks

dain84
02-14-2007, 12:10 PM
I'm in a pop-punk band. What should our name be?

ARCtrooper225
02-14-2007, 04:22 PM
to dain84, really, just a random word with a random number will be good (i.e. Sum 41, Blink 182, Pluss 44)

aguynamedlarry
02-15-2007, 05:39 PM
I'm thinking about calling my band 'Flight 505', the flight buddy holly died on

But im a little unsure about names with numbers

I cant even think of any bands that have numbers in their names other than Blink 182, and Sum 41. Who else is there?

what about death from above 1979? (r.i.p)

zwound
02-16-2007, 10:26 AM
how is 'Aria' for a hard rock/metal/classic rock/punk/blues?

TheUnholy
02-16-2007, 10:28 AM
Not bad. Not amazing, but at least it has a musical meaning, and is simple. The Unholy likes simple names :)

zwound
02-16-2007, 02:20 PM
ok...well we changed it to

'The Arial'

cause Aria was taken :(

comments?

Mario^
02-16-2007, 02:23 PM
Plz comment ? Im the bassist of the band and i am with Zwound :D

The_Okie
02-16-2007, 02:45 PM
Blues/Rock/Funk/Jazz trio.

Pick one, Smatchet, Pig Shop, Juggernaut, Elysium Fields, Eat to Win, Eugen's Trick Bag/Trick Bag, Highway Key, Ragnarok, Idunn's Apples, Calliope's Own.

Suggestions?

EDIT-I added more.

basss
02-16-2007, 08:21 PM
how about
"The Band That Was Formerly Known as The Band With No Name"
for a name?

CanadianLoonie
02-18-2007, 11:48 PM
How is Harpua for a Hard Rock/Blues Rock/Progressive Rock/Psychedelic Rock/Jam Band?

Kidzelda
02-19-2007, 12:13 AM
Harpua... I like it.

For the trio, I like Elysium Fields.

Now, for the current name of my band: Pariah Theory.

Thoughts?

Candillinger
02-20-2007, 01:56 AM
How about "Asphyxia?" haha.. how's that sound
and i've always thought Nexus would be a cool band name...
here, i'll give a random band name for all the genres i can think of just for fun and if anyone actually likes any use em!

Mathcore: Disphosphorylaryxia
Death Metal: Deathkiller
Hair Metal: Ultimus
Southern Rock: Tex
Emo: Scarla
Screamo: Bloodfire
Hardcore: Wrathbury (hahahaha raspberry)
Christian Rock: Noa's Dark
Grindcore: Griffigus
Nu-Metal: Nexus

i dunno thats all i can think of i have to go to bed now, pm if you want more haha these are fun

MetalBassist93
02-22-2007, 10:00 PM
What's better? Hearts Unknown or The Given Message (im in a Christian band)

Kidzelda
02-22-2007, 10:18 PM
I'd have to choose The Given Message.

What about Pariah Theory?

CoolDudeMorgasm
02-23-2007, 01:54 AM
Pariah Theory? Depends what it means. It's kinda good.

TheUnholy
02-23-2007, 01:01 PM
Blues/Rock/Funk/Jazz trio.

Pick one, Smatchet, Pig Shop, Juggernaut, Elysium Fields, Eat to Win, Eugen's Trick Bag/Trick Bag, Highway Key, Ragnarok, Idunn's Apples, Calliope's Own.

Suggestions?

EDIT-I added more.

I actually really like Pig Shop. I don't know why, because the meaning's obviously a bit weird, but it just sounds like a credible pub band kinda name.

Is it not "Elysian Fields"? Or is that deliberate?

Ragnarok ...I'm a geek, it just makes me think FF8 :p:

Piro Gonzalez
02-23-2007, 02:09 PM
I actually really like Pig Shop. I don't know why, because the meaning's obviously a bit weird, but it just sounds like a credible pub band kinda name.

Final Fantasy VIII - my favorite game.

Avalanchi
02-23-2007, 09:23 PM
Anyone like the name "Origami History Class"? =P

The_Okie
02-23-2007, 11:11 PM

The Elysium Fields is the area of Greek Hades that the heroes go.

Ragnarok has to do with Norse mythology.

We got Pig Shop from a sign.

TheUnholy
02-24-2007, 09:43 AM
Ah, a brief bit of research seems to indicate that Elysian and Elysium are just alternate spellings. Apparently there's already a band called "Elysium", and a band called "Elysian Fields" though.

Haha, yeah, I know, but it'll just forever have FFVIII connotations for millions of geeks like me :p:

There's a Pig Shop in your town? :S. Still a cool name though.

The_Okie
02-24-2007, 12:15 PM
Haha, damn. No it was just like a joke sign.

dantiberian
02-25-2007, 11:34 PM
I can't decide whether to call my band "Lucid Canon" or "The Cromptons", can anyone please help?

ThePurpleRabbit
02-26-2007, 12:59 PM
Last nite I suddenly got this name inside my head:

Inflatable Coffee

If anyone wants to use that, go ahead.
(tell me 'bout at least)

aSh_SG
02-28-2007, 12:44 AM
My band has been together a while, but just recently we dumped a drummer and now i am actually getting to practice on a regular basis...We did have a name. Annex Illusion. I love that name. We had some one do us a drawing and my dumbass friend spelt illusion wrong. Spelling it alusson. So I got pissed and now we are making a new name sense they want it the incorrect way...
We want somthing around the same lines of meaning. It will have to be catchy and "simple" to the illiterate like my bandmates. Any help would be exstemly appreciated. Ill post names later...that anyone can have.

Gibson Phoney
03-02-2007, 07:54 PM
Immolate - aSh SG

Ascendancy5
03-02-2007, 10:28 PM
Last nite I suddenly got this name inside my head:

Inflatable Coffee

If anyone wants to use that, go ahead.
(tell me 'bout at least)
Is that a serious post, because the name Inflatable Coffee sounds like something that someone who is completely smashed would think of.

ThePurpleRabbit
03-03-2007, 05:45 PM
I was 75% asleep.

aSh_SG
03-03-2007, 11:48 PM
I like that but do you have anything less deathly...?
Less...satanic i guess.

joshsirjoshules
03-04-2007, 12:23 AM
I can't decide on a band name. All I've got are Desmond Smash and Student Loan Stereo. Help?

jakemac
03-04-2007, 02:38 PM
uh well u have to tell us what kind of music you'll maker otherwise ill think of stuff ya hate. were a heavy metal band i wanna no if No remorse is still good or are there better ones.

B.C. Rich Fan
03-05-2007, 07:51 PM
does anyone think Mjolnir (pronounced Myawl.neer) is a good band name? it was the name of Thors hammer and me and my friend think it would be a good name for a metal band.

memnomic
03-06-2007, 04:01 PM
What sounds better considering my band plays metal, Yttria or Black Frequency

memnomic
03-06-2007, 04:02 PM
Mjolnir sounds pretty awesome good name B.C. Rich Fan

TheUnholy
03-06-2007, 04:13 PM
My band has been together a while, but just recently we dumped a drummer and now i am actually getting to practice on a regular basis...We did have a name. Annex Illusion. I love that name. We had some one do us a drawing and my dumbass friend spelt illusion wrong. Spelling it alusson. So I got pissed and now we are making a new name sense they want it the incorrect way...
We want somthing around the same lines of meaning. It will have to be catchy and "simple" to the illiterate like my bandmates. Any help would be exstemly appreciated. Ill post names later...that anyone can have.

So call yourself "Alusson". It's got an amusing back story, it's memorable, it's unique :)

Mjolnir is good, but check it's not in use... a lot of metal bands turn to mythology.

Memnomic - Yttir. Black Frequency's just a bit ...well, it starts with "Black", you know?

Inflatable Coffee ...Hm. I'm doubtful.

memnomic
03-06-2007, 09:06 PM
Well how about my screen name memnomic as a band name

aSh_SG
03-06-2007, 11:28 PM
the unholy...
I really didnt realize that until you said it...that would be great laughs when we get gigs..Thank you.

B.C. Rich Fan
03-07-2007, 09:02 PM
Mjolnir sounds pretty awesome good name B.C. Rich Fan

hey thx. and i think memnomic sounds pretty good.

memnomic
03-07-2007, 09:10 PM
thanks I was thinking about that for awhile thats why it is my screen name

jakemac
03-08-2007, 04:19 PM
noone ever helps others its always what about mine christ help someone else for a change..... memnomic is a cool band name.

TheUnholy
03-08-2007, 04:45 PM
I assume it's a deliberate misspelling of "mnemonic"?

Not trying to be an asshole, just making sure :p:

Ash SG - cool, glad to know I helped :D

memnomic
03-08-2007, 10:14 PM
noone ever helps others its always what about mine christ help someone else for a change..... memnomic is a cool band name.

thanks, I will help you with a band name any time

justinjc7
03-11-2007, 01:14 PM
which sounds better? Armageddon, Apocalypse, or Frankenstein. we play 80s hair metal and classic rock and heavey metal.thank u.

sjada
03-11-2007, 01:23 PM
^none of those sound like they would stand out very much except that i actually kinda like Frankenstein for a band name, not really sure why tho
the Lab Rats - sort of an indie band with a lot of punk and blues rock influence

Mel Torment
03-11-2007, 03:59 PM
crocth rot.The Originals, The New Originals.The Sellouts.More Cash.For That Matter.White Collar Junkies.

jakemac
03-11-2007, 05:59 PM
^none of those sound like they would stand out very much except that i actually kinda like Frankenstein for a band name, not really sure why tho
the Lab Rats - sort of an indie band with a lot of punk and blues rock influence
An amazing name i really love it and uh to the guy above im not sure sorry, what do u guys think of blood drained redemption for a heavy metal band of not.... recommendations please

death_rider
03-11-2007, 08:35 PM
Patterns Of Pseudo for a metal band? Feed back please!

memnomic
03-11-2007, 09:15 PM
Patterns Of Pseudo for a metal band? Feed back please!

That sounds pretty cool

Iceman729
03-12-2007, 03:59 PM
Kk we got a new list of band names, which is the best:
Blighted
Dauntless
Decadence(sp?)
Traumatosis
Under the skin

Punk/Metal band

memnomic
03-12-2007, 09:04 PM
Kk we got a new list of band names, which is the best:
Blighted
Dauntless
Decadence(sp?)
Traumatosis
Under the skin

Punk/Metal band

I think they're all ok but I think Traumatosis is the best.

sjada
03-16-2007, 03:30 PM
^ya traumatosis is good. ive thought about usinh decadance myself before actually
my last idea apparently was taken so:
the Debbies - indie with a lot of punk and blues influence
we got it from the name of our bus driver whose always yelling at everyone, especially my drummer

Chubbes_Hammet
03-16-2007, 03:44 PM
Which sounds better Helios, Idle Hands, or Battle Axe? My band plays classic rock, and hair/heavy metal.
Battle Axe sounds like somthing used to give people pain for free..How about Circle K?Or Monolith?Both have meaning in MY life..lol

Piro Gonzalez
03-16-2007, 03:54 PM
Apophysis for a metal band?

B.C. Rich Fan
03-19-2007, 12:13 AM
lol ok, considering my last band name was takin.

how about Harmageddon for a metal band?

METSOAD
03-19-2007, 06:06 AM
I need help: I'm in a band that is not Indie, Metal, Emo, Metalcore or Punk

We were called symmetry but a name change is in order

It'sForTheBest
03-19-2007, 10:22 AM
What do you guys think of Impersonating a Dead Acrobat for a hardcore-ish band?

METSOAD
03-20-2007, 11:51 AM
^ Kinda cool actually, can you help me please, my post is the one directly above yours

memnomic
03-20-2007, 11:28 PM
lol ok, considering my last band name was takin.

how about Harmageddon for a metal band?

Harmageddon is a cool name

Glen'sHeroicAct
03-23-2007, 10:27 AM
so is 'steel toed abortion'

The_Okie
03-23-2007, 05:33 PM
What do you guys think of Axis Power Trio or The Axis Power Trio?

Blues Rock Psychedelic.

WlCmToTheJungle
03-28-2007, 12:05 AM
what do you all think of "In Eternal Sunshine"

its a bluesy rockish group

AppleQueso
03-28-2007, 08:15 PM
How does "Avalia" sound for a Power Metal band?

SynGates7X
03-28-2007, 08:55 PM
How does "Avalia" sound for a Power Metal band?
It's a very power metallish name.

AppleQueso
03-29-2007, 04:38 PM
It's a very power metallish name.
Looking back, I think "Avalia" is a bit feminine, so I think I'll use "Avalis" instead.

SynGates7X
03-29-2007, 04:46 PM
Looking back, I think "Avalia" is a bit feminine, so I think I'll use "Avalis" instead.
Either way, both are power metallish. Sounds good.

The_Okie
03-29-2007, 05:34 PM

Blues Rock Psychedelic.

Gunpowder
03-29-2007, 08:59 PM

Blues Rock Psychedelic.

Makes me think of Nazi Germany, Fascist Italy and Imperial Japan...

...unless you're going for that?

WlCmToTheJungle
03-30-2007, 03:21 PM
"In Eternal Sunshine" for a blues/classic rock group?

The_Okie
03-30-2007, 05:14 PM
Makes me think of Nazi Germany, Fascist Italy and Imperial Japan...

...unless you're going for that?

Actually we have one white guy, one hispanic guy and a half black guy in the band. We got it from a shirt and then ended up citing Axis:Bold As Love as a source.

joshsirjoshules
03-30-2007, 09:04 PM
Hey guys, I'm in a garage/funk/indie band, and was wondering if you think Desmond Smash is a good name for it.

John [BIOD]
03-31-2007, 12:21 AM
my band is changing its name soon. which one sounds most interesting?

Arms against a Sea
Like Hawks
the Night is Young
The white rose of york
Viola Coma

ThePurpleRabbit
03-31-2007, 11:12 AM
Hey guys, I'm in a garage/funk/indie band, and was wondering if you think Desmond Smash is a good name for it.

I think so :cool:

itsxsteves
04-01-2007, 08:48 AM
Scentless Biting
Poopy of the Candied
Poopy Safety
Random Poopy
Poopy of the Unforgiving
Poopy Village
Poopy Knight
Hiking Western
Sumo Poopy
Cautious Poopy

i got nothin =D

Gunnieboy
04-01-2007, 09:21 AM
Which sounds better Helios, Idle Hands, or Battle Axe? My band plays classic rock, and hair/heavy metal.

careful... coz battleaxe is another name for bossy old wife... people mite get cranky!

Floyd1122
04-01-2007, 10:00 PM
1-800-We-Rock for a punk/ska/modernesque rock band?

WlCmToTheJungle
04-01-2007, 10:34 PM
1-800-We-Rock for a punk/ska/modernesque rock band?

i dont like it, its pretty original IMO but it just sounds very stupid to me

but hey, dont take my word for it

how bout "In Eternal Rest" for a blues/rock group?

aj2good4you2
04-02-2007, 12:50 AM
^ sounds good for blues

anywho, which is better for a heavy rock/prog rock band?,"Five Star Tragedy" or "Sunday's Ruin"

Piro Gonzalez
04-02-2007, 08:58 AM
How about "Like Oracles to the Baphomet" for an experimental band?

Emo-Bass
04-02-2007, 06:29 PM
Hows either "Eddict" "Winterlong" or "Winterdown" sound for a alternative/acoustic rock name?

joshsirjoshules
04-02-2007, 09:54 PM
Hey, it's me again. I just came up with a really weird name off of the top of my head, and I'm wondering what people think of it: Jesus And The Head Removal Machine. Very odd, and probably very bad.

TMAW
04-03-2007, 02:27 AM
my band needs a new name, we used to be called Symmetry but we found that the name was taken, so we need a new one, any suggestions?

thatkid132
04-03-2007, 09:29 PM
is this a good name 4 my band?(we play mainly rock and blues ... i survived sunday

Mr_Mondo
04-04-2007, 12:19 PM
my band needs a new name, we used to be called Symmetry but we found that the name was taken, so we need a new one, any suggestions?
how about 'crooked symmetry'

Gibson343
04-07-2007, 09:53 AM
I need a name for a band that plays music like the fray but at the same time plays music like rhcp. So it's all different kinds of music. i was thinking Red Rain or Chrome but i don't like those very much...please help!

Copius
04-07-2007, 03:04 PM
I need a name for a band that plays music like the fray but at the same time plays music like rhcp. So it's all different kinds of music. i was thinking Red Rain or Chrome but i don't like those very much...please help!

How 'bout "Fornicopia"? It was gonna be the name of a band I was in, but nobody liked it besides me...

sic_riffs
04-07-2007, 03:10 PM
i was in a band called open minded we played a lot of acoustic stuff

Mechanixx
04-10-2007, 09:46 AM
how about Curb Stomp for a Metal Band name

JelloPuppet
04-10-2007, 06:30 PM
how about Curb Stomp for a Metal Band name
why not just name your band american history x?

maybe_I_am
04-15-2007, 07:25 PM
What do you guys think of the name The Poster Boys for a Punk/Rock group?

joshsirjoshules
04-15-2007, 08:12 PM
What do you guys think of the name The Poster Boys for a Punk/Rock group?

I like the satirical nature of the name. I think it's a good name, but don't use a name that critics can use against you. I was using the Absolute Beginners for a time until I realized that people were making fun of our quality, or that we are beginners basically.

rustymoore91
04-15-2007, 08:24 PM
i saw a band somewhere called,
"left left right right up down up down A B" whats that a cheat for...i'm thinkin' Mario??

kevin_vocals_09
04-17-2007, 11:38 AM
Hey How bout "HARMONY SOLUTION" "THIS WAY" OR "UNDERGROUND CREW"

I have some friends who wants to make a band and they can't decide.....

which one do you guys think is the best??......

PLease>>>>>

JCShark
04-17-2007, 12:35 PM
I like the satirical nature of the name. I think it's a good name, but don't use a name that critics can use against you. I was using the Absolute Beginners for a time until I realized that people were making fun of our quality, or that we are beginners basically.

yeh i called my first band 'the amateurs', so another band in a battle we entered said they were changing their name to 'the professionals'

JCShark
04-17-2007, 12:36 PM
is this a good name 4 my band?(we play mainly rock and blues ... i survived sunday
no
why not
taking back saturday

maybe_I_am
04-20-2007, 03:47 PM

My band rejected Poster Boys, but dude, do you mind if I use Absolute Beginners? I don't really mind getting made fun of, and I really like that name.

yourlostlove16
04-21-2007, 06:30 AM
Okay, i absolutly SUCK at coming up w/ band names...
can anyone possibly help me out?

me and a friend do acoustic stuff, we play stuff like, Dashboard Confessional,and The Scene Aesthetic. can anyone help?

Retardwitguitar
04-21-2007, 03:08 PM
How does Náströnd sound as a name for a black/death metal band?

Fluxx
04-23-2007, 02:42 PM
"left left right right up down up down A B" whats that a cheat for...i'm thinkin' Mario??

That one was for Contra I think. It gave you like a billion lives :p:

Anyway...
I recently moved to a new town and was offerd to join a band called Quadradog. I'm a little sceptical because the name is just so outlandish and silly. I'm not quite sure if it would be well recived by audiences. So I figured it wouldn't hurt ask since thier are plenty of people here much more expirience in local music scenes than myself. Whats your impression of it?

wangmaster
04-23-2007, 04:13 PM
my band are an alt. rock sorta thing inspired by RHCP, R.E.M., Audioslave etc. and we're called:

Over Active Penises

and we can shorten it to O.A.P. and no ones any the wiser.

PaperStSoapCo
04-24-2007, 04:17 AM
we cant think of a name. we were a few different things through the different incarnations of our band. "shattered mind", "severed", a few others..., most recently "outer heaven" which im still a fan of because of the Metal Gear video game series... basically it stands for a fortress of mercenaries that tried to break off and form its own republic. a place where soldiers can be appritiated as the warriors that they are... or something to that effect. also connotates a lost paradise, purgatory, a other worldy out of body experience...eh. i just thought it sounded cool

Universalkhan
04-24-2007, 11:04 PM
Who thinks Unmaker is a good name for a death metal band I got it from an Orson wells Book But is it too Generic?

PaperStSoapCo
04-24-2007, 11:54 PM
unmaker... sounds original

TheUnholy
04-26-2007, 03:33 PM

The infamous Konami Code... works on many Konami games.

Scrubs
04-26-2007, 03:40 PM
Meh I need your view >.< We can't decide, my band is an Indie, Alternative, Rock
Here are our suggestions-
weeknight rebellion, railroad, ladder, effect, heroics, straight red, extortion, don't remember

thanks

Gibson_Rocker13
04-26-2007, 05:18 PM
in a bit of a rush here gig withing the next 24 hours without a name. how does Stone Penguin sound for a alternative rock/grunge/funk rock band sound?

thanks

Gibson_Rocker13
04-26-2007, 05:19 PM
oh and scrubs...weekend rebeliion sounds kick ass

METSOAD
04-26-2007, 05:36 PM
liking stone penguin

Gibson_Rocker13
04-26-2007, 10:01 PM
scrap stone penguin no one in the band likes it...craptastic i have the show tomorrow and still no name...EEK HELP!

Norwegian_Slash
04-29-2007, 08:19 AM
My band is called Reckless Roxy.. What do you think?:P

ripbarney12
04-29-2007, 10:10 PM
my band has decided on a name
as a nod towards the late Mitch hedburg, we named ourselves "the Dufrenes"
what do u guys think?

master_puppets
04-29-2007, 11:05 PM
What sounds better for a metal band name, Memnomith, or Memnomic, or do any even sound good?

System Overide
05-01-2007, 12:32 PM
I like Regicide but my physics teachers band is called fatal but thats only because theres a fat guy in the band called al.

MrDinkleberry
05-05-2007, 02:34 AM
RocketLady or Brindlescruff? We will play real mellow stuff, mostly acoustic.

Bowlingforcerea
05-05-2007, 11:18 AM
How is Hearts of shattered glass (i personally think its OK but im just wandering what everyone else thinks) for grunge,punk kind of stuff.

pandora_grunt
05-05-2007, 05:06 PM
MrDinkleberry: Brindlescruff sounds cool, although I have no idea what it is :S
Bowlingforcerea: Well... sounds cool 2

Mike9200
05-07-2007, 10:29 PM
financialy raped

rhcp33roxx
05-09-2007, 10:12 PM
is this a good band name?"octavia"?

claytonblunt
05-10-2007, 10:35 AM
How does this sound. The Krivosk or Hells Messiah

Plan_B
05-10-2007, 06:19 PM
What about these?

Range
Kings of Punk
American Underdogs
Hangtime
Stoopid

It would be for a punk band obviously. Any of those used?

rob_rob666
05-10-2007, 06:27 PM
i like american underdogs.

my band cant choose between: make-out tactics and st.caliber help please

Plan_B
05-10-2007, 06:39 PM
I like that one too, uh I don't like either of yours. But, I would pick St. Caliber.

lolmnt
05-10-2007, 09:07 PM
^same here

MomoTheSheep
05-11-2007, 02:53 PM
My band's name ist The Mockery.
Before that I played in a band called C-4s (it's supposed to be a pun for Seaforce but I think it's so lame... it wasn't my idea at all :o )
When we were thinking about a band name I used to google websites that give you suggestion for pet names to get some ideas. Ever heard of a cat named Quadrophenia?? some people...

MoMo

tcash2010
05-11-2007, 04:23 PM
JAGG, the Kraytz, or Kweens Maskerayd?

MomoTheSheep
05-11-2007, 06:25 PM

The Kraytz

tcash2010
05-14-2007, 04:33 PM
The Kraytz

haHA the guitarist didnt like the Kraytz but i knew the Kraytz wuz a better name :devil:

sjada
05-14-2007, 06:52 PM
the elderly infants - indie/punk/noise
i cant tell if its good or really really bad

lolmnt
05-14-2007, 08:08 PM
^ i don't really like that

TheUnholy
05-15-2007, 06:35 AM

Definitely neither of the ones starting "K", spelling like that makes you look like you're either seven or Fred Durst.

What does JAGG stand for?

sinan90
05-15-2007, 06:47 AM
Pandora's Box or Open Road.

bpauers
05-15-2007, 09:16 AM
hey we're a metal band and we were wondering Placid Waters or Justified Rage.

bpauers
05-15-2007, 09:17 AM
i say pandora's box

sinan90
05-15-2007, 10:00 AM
hey we're a metal band and we were wondering Placid Waters or Justified Rage.

Placid Water for me.

tcash2010
05-15-2007, 04:53 PM
Definitely neither of the ones starting "K", spelling like that makes you look like you're either seven or Fred Durst.

What does JAGG stand for?

well im not a big fan of the letter 'c' reall the only time i use it is in my last name

well JAGG ..well we were trying to think of and acronym for a band name after a while we lost all seriousness and started joking around and i said 'J.A.G.' 'J.ews A.gainst G.ermans' i was joking but the name jag just sounded good so me and the drummer added a G to make it a harder sound an VOILA!!! JAGG

SynGates7X
05-15-2007, 04:54 PM
well im not a big fan of the letter 'c' reall the only time i use it is in my last name

Your username?

tcash2010
05-15-2007, 05:02 PM
Your username?

yeah C[K]ash is my last name

SynGates7X
05-15-2007, 05:08 PM
Oooooooh, gotcha.

tcash2010
05-15-2007, 05:12 PM
the letter C is so selfish!! not only is it stealing K's sound but it is also stealing S's sound SELFISH PUNK!!

(see it duznt look right >>PUNC!!!! up yurs C!)

Plan_B
05-15-2007, 07:35 PM
American Underdogs ;)
As it sounds, we play punk!

Quark Soup
05-15-2007, 10:46 PM
Well, I have two band name problems. I'm now in a cover band but we're working on a name. My singer and bassist say that if we don't come up with a name we're going to call the band Legend of the Hidden Temple (it's an inside joke as to why they chose this name) as a joke. The band mostly covers classic rock along with some newer modern rock songs.

Now on to my second band. I'm in the process of rounding out my blues band but I have no idea what to call it. It has that Delta blues sound. Here are some names that we were throwing around when we were deciding a name for my last band: Stonewall's Wake, Rebellious Waters and Glory's Past. Anyone have any ideas?

jsbud11
05-16-2007, 12:48 AM
My band originally played metal but it sounded like horse shit. So we've gone to like linkin park stuff (their new songs.) We were Defiance but there's like 10 other bands and a paintball team (not to mention the 19 ships) with that name. So any suggestions?

METSOAD
05-22-2007, 03:13 PM
What kind of genre would you give to a band called Station Approach?

TheUnholy
05-22-2007, 04:40 PM
My band originally played metal but it sounded like horse $$$$. So we've gone to like linkin park stuff (their new songs.) We were Defiance but there's like 10 other bands and a paintball team (not to mention the 19 ships) with that name. So any suggestions?

How about "Nineteen Ships"?

duggyrocks
05-23-2007, 01:01 PM
Hey, anyone got any good names for a young (13, 14) punk band?

z4twenny
05-23-2007, 01:30 PM
^ the c0cknose experience

si!
05-23-2007, 10:14 PM
Stonewall's Wake
is that a reference to "Stonewall Jackson"? if so i like that, it makes you think, but not too hard.

Mudvayne_LP
05-27-2007, 02:50 PM
Rate this band name

The Midwestern Homicides.

We would play metal/hardcore/kinda screamo stuff.

Quark Soup
05-27-2007, 09:13 PM
is that a reference to "Stonewall Jackson"? if so i like that, it makes you think, but not too hard.

Yes it is a reference to Stonewall Jackson.

forever_abandon
05-27-2007, 10:12 PM
what do you guys think of.. Thy Unhallowed Self[or Soul]?
for a melodic death metal.. metalcore band?

Piro Gonzalez
05-27-2007, 11:21 PM
How about Evaligne for a free math band?

Jaymz2K
05-28-2007, 07:34 AM
What do you guys think of Feydaway?

We play some punk, metal, and rock.

Piro Gonzalez
05-28-2007, 02:30 PM
What do you guys think of Feydaway?

We play some punk, metal, and rock.

Not a fan.

Evaligne - post-tonal free math.

AngelOfHatred
05-29-2007, 05:46 PM
Is "If Looks Could Kill" already a band name? I swear I've heard it somewhere, but all I can find is a 1991 movie.

Anyways, is it a decent name, for an all around rock band? (Classic rock, Nu Metal, Punk, everything.)

Man-bitch
05-30-2007, 08:35 AM
Hi!

This is URGENT! We are a trio in need of a band name fast!
We play mostly classic hard rock: When I say that, think in the lines of Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Sabbath, Whitesnake etc.
We need something cool. Not too emo, not to "Look at us, HERE WE COME!!!", and not too cliqhue (is that spelled right?) But we want our name still to be cool, something people will remeber without going too goofy. :P

But by all means, all names are welcome. Bring it on! :peace:

MattPerson911
05-30-2007, 08:43 AM
Rate this band name

The Midwestern Homicides.

We would play metal/hardcore/kinda screamo stuff.
how bout Steven And The Couches?

dream-thief
05-31-2007, 07:20 AM
@man-bitch

how about "we are awesome"

its definetly a "look at us. HERE WE COME!" knd of name....

Man-bitch
05-31-2007, 08:43 AM
@man-bitch

how about "we are awesome"

its definetly a "look at us. HERE WE COME!" knd of name....

....That was what I didn't want :P

Should we call ourselves Fat Poney?!
I think it's awesome, but the guitarist doesn't like it....
Does evereyone else think it's goofy too?

\m/ Fat Poney \m/ Just think 'bout it! Atleast people will remember us!

Man-bitch
05-31-2007, 03:28 PM
OK....If nobody else wants to come with some names, I'll do this.
Choose the name you think is the coolest for us of the ones listed below!
Remember, Classic hard rock (Deep Purple, Led Zep, Sabbath, WhiteSnake ect, a bit bluesy, but heavy! Hoping to be kinda "In you face", but not too "cool")

Dirt of the hammer
Dirt of the Iron
Prophetic West
Fat Poney
Fat poney of love
Passion's grapes

TheUnholy
05-31-2007, 04:20 PM
I like Prophetic West for its epic sound, but it does have an ever so slightly racist sounding overtone, maybe Prophetic (something else) would be good?

Shapedude
05-31-2007, 08:53 PM
Par Avion : too hard to pronounce?

TheUnholy
05-31-2007, 09:10 PM
Um, if it's PAHR AV-EE-ON, then no, not at all.

Shapedude
05-31-2007, 10:31 PM
I think it's PA - RAH - VYAWN

Dark Raven X
06-01-2007, 10:21 AM
Pandarama. It was a silly choice at the time, and we still love it. ^_^

CrashedTheShow3
06-02-2007, 03:29 PM
Can anyone help me think of a band name?

My band is gonna be pop/alternative/emo and my last band's name was "A Blue Sky Tragedy".

We really really liked that name, and we're looking for something similar to it. If anyone can help me out, I'd really really appreciate it.

Thanks

badpun
06-02-2007, 08:18 PM
what about Stiltskin :P