"New" classical rock bands

PDA

View Full Version : "New" classical rock bands

Tangerineseeker
11-21-2010, 10:53 AM
Hey!

i have just recently created an account here after using ultimate guitar for several years now. It has been a great help and gave me the opportunity to learn many great songs!

I am really into classical rock and all kind of rock genres from the 60s till the 80s and I have been able to find new music through my friends and so on. But now I am stuck at a point where I don't know any more of those bands and since i didn't live during those times it is even harder for me to find "new" groups from that time.
Can anyone suggest me any bands they believe i would enjoy? Here is a list of the bands i listen to right now:
Jethro Tull, Spinal Tap, Pink Floyd, The Clash, The Who, Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, Eric Clapton, The Velvet Underground, The Doors, Die Ärzte, Small Faces, Jimi Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane, Wolfmother, The White Stripes, Cream, Die Sterne, 13th Floor Elevators, The Weight, The Yardbirds, The Beach Boys, John Lee Hooker, The Monkees, Queen, The Ramones, Scorpions, Small Faces, The Eagles, Deep Purple, David Bowie, Guns n Roses, Dire Straits, Die Toten Hosen, AC/DC, The Rolling Stones, Die Goldenen Zitronen, Them Crooked Vultures, Iggy Pop, The Animals, Bob Dylan, Lou Reed, The Velvet Underground, The Ramones, Syd Barret, The Sex Pistols, Nazareth, Black Sabbath, JJ Cale, Bob Marley, Pearl Jam, The Raconteurs, Muse, Oasis and The Band.

The Wildchild
11-21-2010, 10:57 AM
Christian Mistress

rkk94
11-21-2010, 11:14 AM
bad city,
they're opening for slash. first album like 2 months ago called welcome to the wasteland. My fav song is 'call paul stanley'

Twistedrock
11-21-2010, 11:14 AM
Stone Gods and Fireball Ministry are two great ballsy rock bands.

Tangerineseeker
11-21-2010, 11:20 AM
thank you guys for the quick response i will check these bands out tonight :)

Jazz Funeral
11-21-2010, 11:37 AM
If you take a look at the Stickies at the top of the Classic Rock main page, there are two different threads. One is a huge recommendation list for old or "Classic" bands, the other is for newer bands that are influenced by the Classic Rock sound. There's plenty of good stuff in there and it's organized to give you an idea of what they sound like.

Check it out. :cheers:

Tangerineseeker
11-21-2010, 12:05 PM
Thank you i didn't noitce that! :)

BrainDamage
11-21-2010, 12:53 PM
If you take a look at the Stickies at the top of the Classic Rock main page, there are two different threads. One is a huge recommendation list for old or "Classic" bands, the other is for newer bands that are influenced by the Classic Rock sound. There's plenty of good stuff in there and it's organized to give you an idea of what they sound like.

Check it out. :cheers: This.

***CLOSED***

:)