Playing in another band full time while dealing with my own

PDA

View Full Version : Playing in another band full time while dealing with my own

sticksause
12-21-2010, 08:20 PM
I've been trying to get a band off the ground for the longest time now. Recently I managed to get a drummer and a guitarist (I'm a bassist) and we've jammed a few times. We play all kinds of rock/metal/punk music but the guitarist has gotten in some trouble and cannot play til god knows when. The drummer, well, who knows but we've been having trouble scheduling a practice session.

I've decided to audition for a new band. They play metalcore (which I can't say that I like) but at least these guys are really organized and they already have a good reputation. Plus, I really want to get out there and gig. If I pass the audition, then I plan on staying with these guys until my band gets it together. I told the drummer all of this and he got pissed. I don't think that he has the right to be upset if he couldn't make the time to play in like a month now. I'm a musician and I feel like I have to be out there playing music.

btw, I don't plan on just leaving the band once I get my other one off the ground. I plan on sticking around long enough until they find a replacement.

AlanHB
12-21-2010, 08:22 PM
What you're doing is fine. If my band didn't meet up for a month I'd just assume it was over and move on anyway. Well that or one of the integral members is overseas (which is what we're doing right now hahah). But if it's because they just couldn't be bothered getting together, there's no excuse.

sticksause
12-21-2010, 08:30 PM
What you're doing is fine. If my band didn't meet up for a month I'd just assume it was over and move on anyway. Well that or one of the integral members is overseas (which is what we're doing right now hahah). But if it's because they just couldn't be bothered getting together, there's no excuse.

Thank you. I actually felt a bit of guilt but you made me feel better :D I am not ready to give up on my band yet cuz all of us are really good friends and share the same taste in music, plus we like to party hard :p I guess I have to wait until the guitarist is free again and maybe me being in another band will make the drummer get himself together to at least jam