So I'm Looking For a Few Ideas

PDA

View Full Version : So I'm Looking For a Few Ideas

Drummerrrrr?
01-08-2011, 03:57 AM
So I've been doing some acoustic gigs, playing guitar for this chick I know for a couple of months now and it's starting to get a bit old. I enjoy playing and everything but there's nothing that really sets us apart from the rest. I mean we've redone a few songs such as Like a G6 and others for a laugh and they've turned out well but what else can we do to change things up a bit? I've thought about doing a bit of looping and maybe having a backing track? any other ideas?

tl;dr what can I do to improve a simple acoustic set?

supersac
01-08-2011, 04:47 AM
play better than everyone else usually does the trick

or play stuff everyone else isnt playing

LPDC
01-08-2011, 04:48 AM
Percussion with your acoustic?

AlanHB
01-08-2011, 04:59 AM
Stage presence, vocal harmonies, good songs, friendly banter, etc.

That sort of stuff. Check out some other acoustic duos around and see what they're doing that's different and you like.

Drummerrrrr?
01-08-2011, 05:00 AM
play better than everyone else usually does the trick

or play stuff everyone else isnt playing

Our list of songs so far is already pretty good, songs everyone knows and enjoys but we change them up, give them more dynamics. I change up a lot of the guitar parts but I don't think many people really notice =/

I'm really looking at doing something to help us stand out from the crowd a bit more, do a bit more than most would expect from just a guitarist and a singer.

Percussion with your acoustic?

I've also thought about this too, just thinking about how to implement it decently!

kraftmacaroni
01-08-2011, 09:56 AM
learn another instrument and incorporate that? even just some basic piano or bass

Joshua1207
01-09-2011, 12:12 AM
Do original songs?

nouse4aname125
01-10-2011, 08:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbndgwfG22k

play like this and get rid of the chick ;)