Why is this so hard for me?

PDA

View Full Version : Why is this so hard for me?

honkytown
01-10-2011, 03:26 PM
I'm already in a band, but I admit that I don't really take it seriously because we're just doing it strictly for fun...

Aside from that, I've been trying to start a garage pop band for the past 3 years now. I'm starting to feel really negative about the whole idea & the fact that I can't seem to find dedicated musicians makes me want to give up sometimes.

I'm almost 22 now, so maybe it's a good idea to just call it quits. I can't find anyone who's interested in doing this. Everyone seems to start off interested, then they start coming up with excuses like "I just got off work, so I'm very tired" (which was always an excuse for this guy), "my girlfriend's gotta use my car, so I can only practice today for 45 mins" (this guy actually lived 45 mins away), "Sorry, I've just been having some serious family issues. My fault." etc etc etc

I even had some small gigs lined up & the guy just decided it wasn't for him anymore. And just to let you know, I've never been on bad terms with any of the people I'm talking about here, although I haven't talked to them since.

I don't understand! I'm not a demanding control freak. I don't have ridiculous requests like "Well, can you just call in today?" I'm not depressing to be around. My god, is the problem me?? Or what??

Please be honest with me. Maybe you know something that I don't... :sad: :sad:

Zeletros
01-10-2011, 03:32 PM
There are people who can't really be classified as musicians, eventhough they play an instrument. Get it?

I've met lots of such, quite depressing, just keep looking for serious-minded guys.

Kilty Boxers
01-10-2011, 03:32 PM
Pshhh sounds like they suckk you need an awesome bassist such as myself!

reldask
01-10-2011, 03:33 PM
well, first off, why a damn pop band? you're 22, go METAL. lol jk.

Zeletros
01-10-2011, 03:39 PM
Pshhh sounds like they suckk you need an awesome bassist such as myself!

Awesome bassists don't play pop :shrug:

theogonia777
01-10-2011, 03:42 PM
well, first off, why a damn pop band? you're 22, go METAL. lol jk.

yeah, play a real man's music, like metal, jazz/fusion, country, prog rock, or blues. not only is it cooler and manlier, but the people that play those are usually more dedicated, whereas people playing garage band pop music aren't serious musicians very often.

Kilty Boxers
01-10-2011, 03:42 PM
Indeed they don't but that don't mean we can't switch up the genre to like more metalish or rap...lol jk, but yes METAL! (not crap metal, real metal)

Quoteman
01-10-2011, 03:46 PM
Yea, sounds like you can't find truly dedicated persons, it's damn hard, to find that perfect blend of talent and reliability.

Just reread that you're doing it for fun, it seems like you just wanna do it for fun, but still take it very seriously... For many "fun"="half-assed" Find people who think differently! You can kick ass for fun too.

honkytown
01-10-2011, 03:55 PM
yeah, play a real man's music, like metal, jazz/fusion, country, prog rock, or blues. not only is it cooler and manlier, but the people that play those are usually more dedicated, whereas people playing garage band pop music aren't serious musicians very often.
Wow, I can't believe the ignorance I'm seeing here. Seriously, this is the dumbest thing I've read on this forum.

honkytown
01-10-2011, 03:57 PM
Yea, sounds like you can't find truly dedicated persons, it's damn hard, to find that perfect blend of talent and reliability.

Just reread that you're doing it for fun, it seems like you just wanna do it for fun, but still take it very seriously... For many "fun"="half-assed" Find people who think differently! You can kick ass for fun too.

Dude. No.

I'm in my CURRENT band for fun. The garage pop band that I'm trying to form is definitely serious to me.