Band Video

PDA

View Full Version : Band Video

ultimate-rocker
01-10-2011, 07:46 PM
This summer my drummer and I saw a big screen TV sitting on a persons driveway that had a free sign on it ha ha. So naturally we loaded it into the back of his truck and it has stayed at our rehersal space ever since.

I had an idea of making some sort of video and wheeling it onstage at our next show before we go on and showing some sort of video to kinda pump the crowd up.

But i have no idea what kind of video to make like should we show clips of the band or just I dont know lol..

Does any one have any ideas or have they done this before?

krypticguitar87
01-10-2011, 07:51 PM
look at live footage of Korn or Rob Zombie, both of them use video footage in live situations, at least they both have everytime I've seen them....

Hail
01-11-2011, 02:09 AM
A projector would probably be more realistic if you're going after that idea. You can adjust the size based on the venue and it doesn't look as awkward.

In any decent sized stage, I imagine it looking kinda like this:
http://i52.tinypic.com/112hab8.jpg

which would probably not be seen as particularly professional

jrakus
01-11-2011, 03:48 AM
its true. A TV is to small on stage. You could display your band name with text sliding or the name of the song
Or just show different colors to help the mood of the song -color the stage a bit when lights are off. Fancy graphics wont work.

Joshua1207
01-11-2011, 04:09 AM
You could play a silent movie like Cat Power has done before, although I'm pretty sure she didn't use a TV :P

nouse4aname125
01-11-2011, 07:12 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kecan_Vp660&feature=related

visuuuualsssss

anywho, if youre gonna do that i would have to say i agree with everyone here and get a projector. some venues have them already so its that simple.

ultimate-rocker
01-16-2011, 10:39 PM
Im not looking for something to play like during our set but right before we came on.. And I could get a projector but the venue were going to be playing at isn't all that big and the tv should be big enough..