Energy

PDA

View Full Version : Energy

FatStrat890
01-17-2011, 02:43 PM
My band's been together for a while now and we have a few songs, that are kinda low-key alternative. We're all into having a more fun sound with more energy but we don't know what to do.

The band is guitar/vocals, bass and drums, how do we get more energy and a sound that people would have a fun time listening to?

SlackerBabbath
01-17-2011, 02:47 PM
My band's been together for a while now and we have a few songs, that are kinda low-key alternative. We're all into having a more fun sound with more energy but we don't know what to do.

The band is guitar/vocals, bass and drums, how do we get more energy and a sound that people would have a fun time listening to?

Take old rock 'n' roll songs and beef 'em up a bit, play 'em with a punky edge. That should get you started.

sfedf1
01-17-2011, 02:51 PM
Get me to join the band ;)

Thereisnotry
01-17-2011, 02:56 PM
Jack up the tempo. Try learning a couple covers that fit the kind of sound you're looking for.

krypticguitar87
01-17-2011, 04:36 PM
listen to some older greenday (from dookie or insomniac) or some ramones stuff, they both play very up-beat. that can help...

jrakus
01-17-2011, 08:08 PM
people get hooked on doom metal too!..

Tell the drummer to start a faster OR slower beat. Try more simple chord progressions, 2-3 chords, then do a lead melody. If you dont like it scratch and try another.

Youre naturally inclined toward a minor sound. You'll have to force it the other way

Punk_Ninja
01-18-2011, 06:35 AM
Use simple chord progressions, it doesn't seem particularly creative or anything, but the way to ensure a simple happy good time song, is to make it simple and happy! :p:
So simple major chord progressions.

I'd take a look into some of Jason Mraz's work (just to go a different direction from the suggestions of punk!) as often he'll have a fairly regular tempo'd song that still sounds very happy and upbeat.