How to continue this piece(GP5)

PDA

View Full Version : How to continue this piece(GP5)

The Harvester
02-03-2011, 05:42 PM
I was playing around with the harmonic miinor scale and came up with this, i added an off key note because it gives it a nice sound. But after thats done i dont know how to continue it(Im pretty sure what I made can alsobe a chorus)

So please help>

Mean Mr Mustard
02-03-2011, 05:45 PM
Hmm it sounds okay. I could imagine it being used as an intro. Just repeat the harmonized lead and have a rhythm guitar (and the rest of the band) come in playing a powerchord and holding it for two bars or so. It could also be used an a chorus with a rhythm guitar behind it playing some sort of chord progression.

The Harvester
02-03-2011, 05:50 PM
thank you very much but the problem im having is making a verse to follow it up.

The Harvester
02-04-2011, 04:34 PM
Bump, updated version added, still need verse ideas.

NothingRocks
02-04-2011, 04:54 PM
The melody is nice and has a sinister feeling about it. Though, I think you should change the chords, they sound really dissonant with the melody. I think this track would benefit from a drum track. So, here I added in some drums for the part with chords.

The Harvester
02-05-2011, 12:16 AM
thanks, Im trying tofind a way to get the chords tosound full but not quite as overpowering. Right now im playing around with that last drum beat you added, its updated in the first post. Thanks alot.

TooLz
02-06-2011, 03:20 AM
I think it's good. I had trouble getting into it at first, then the drums kicked in and my head got moving. It seems a little cluttered during the verse. Not all the notes blend well together. The ending is fairly simple, i'd add some leads to add some feeling to it. Also, when the guitar pauses and the bass keeps rockin the A chord...very cool.