Rhythm-rock, Neo-Classical and Blues-Rock Influences, C4C

PDA

View Full Version : Rhythm-rock, Neo-Classical and Blues-Rock Influences, C4C

NeedMoreBullets
02-05-2011, 05:52 PM
Okay, so I've been toying with some ideas today and it came out sounding something like this. I just want to know what you guys and gals think of it, and how you might continue or change it. Obviously, it's not finished yet, and there would be a vocal, but I think you'll get the general idea. The .gp5 file has some minor problems with the volume and tone on the guitars and bass, so if possible use the .gpx. Otherwise, tweak it yourself a little.
And, with a little luck, enjoy!

Cheers in advance,
Bullets

davyyy
02-05-2011, 07:24 PM
You got some pretty solid ideas going on in here, althought I think that main, 1st guitar riff should probably be in a drop A tuning, it would add more heaviness to it. The way you have it now is cool too, but there could be more riffing ideas with a low tuned A string. But yeah, you should definatly continue working on it.
Its nice to see other people using guitar pro 6 btw, its really not as bad as people say it is lol

NeedMoreBullets
02-06-2011, 04:32 AM
Ah, cheers mate. It does sound cool like that, but for the sake of convenient scale boxes, I'll keep it how it is, for the moment.
And yeh, I don't get what's so much better about gp5, myself, but ce la vie...
Anything you want me to crit?

MayoFTW
02-06-2011, 01:20 PM
The riff at bar 38 kinda reminds me of 'Sunshine of Your Love', but I think they're different enough so it's ok.
I think it was pretty cool overall.

NeedMoreBullets
02-07-2011, 01:46 PM
Okay, so, I've had a shot at finishing it off... Not sure, if I'm honest, but I'd like to get some opinions. Oh, and it still needs a vocal part, if anyone feelis like writing one? :D
As for the track names, I haven't lost it, they're my bandmates'.