Avarice(classicalynfluencedweirdproggresive) GP5, GP4, MIDI

PDA

View Full Version : Avarice(classicalynfluencedweirdproggresive) GP5, GP4, MIDI

PatrekurÍrn
02-09-2011, 11:02 PM
So this is a pretty weird sorf ot ungenrefiable song that i made. Let me know what you think

In-Ghost
02-10-2011, 04:46 AM
hope this will not offend you, I definitely do not mean to do so, but it somehow evokes some kind of horrorish grotesque soundtrack to me, something like Itchy and Scratchy :D it's rather interesting theme really ;)

PatrekurÍrn
02-10-2011, 06:12 AM
haha if you liked it then great

Life Is Brutal
02-12-2011, 01:45 PM
Intro themes were interesting, and I liked the feel of the themese similar to Bars 2-5, although I didn't quite like the chromatic bars. 18-21 was cool, although the quicker part of bar 21 ruins some of the feel.

Chords at 24 were pretty awesome actually, although I would fix the faster chords towards the end of the phrase. Theme sort of falls apart from 35-44, it seems to get less coherent in a melodic sense. Likewise for 45-55, although Its a tad better.

56-59 is a cool section, and is fairly straight forward. 60-122 had a kind of drone-like feel, and although there were some interesting ideas, it wasn't that great to listen to. The switch to 123 could be improved I think. At 135 to the end you kind of bring back the drone feel, which I don't think is too great of a way to end the piece.

Who were the main musicians that inspired this piece? (Just asking)

If you haven't, I would start listening to some Ron Jarzombek, so try "To Counter and Groove in E Minor" or other material by him. (Spastic Ink, Blotted Science, Watchtower)
Or it could pay to study more of the way classical themes are constructed. If you've already done all that, I would analyze the themes that need improvement and attempt to restructure them from an unbiased view. (As in make something that is still distinctly you and original, but is coherent and familiar enough for a new listener.)

Sorry it ended up as more of a negative review, you've got some good themes, but I would work on them.

corrda00
02-16-2011, 10:14 PM
First thing I'd like to point out, great transition at bar 34. And for that matter great transitions in general.

Great riff at bar 111 I think it is?

I love the use of time signatures to create tension and resolution. It keeps you on the edge of your seat the whole time.
As far as Genre Id have to consider this Modern Music.

I don't think you should repeat the first section, it drags on too long.

Also great riff at bar 56. Id say bring that out, repeat a few more times and changing something like bring leads up an octave or something minimilist-esque like that.

Also put more emphasis on the shots at bar 64. I feel they should jump at you a bit more.

Crit for Crit?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1412720

TehDutchDude
02-18-2011, 08:20 AM
Writing as I am listening.

Wow, quite a start! It's strange sounding, but... in a good way. Good thing I like classical music. I like how the instruments work together.

Dramatic sounding entry comes in. GP5 makes it sound a bit weird but I can imagine that with real instruments and 'real' sounds it would sound pretty cool. Again, I really like the classical sound. Cool stuff around bar 35. Makes for a nice change. Bar 56 and the part after is somewhat dissonant but still okay. Bar 60 makes for a nice change again, well done. I love the feel around bar 90-100. Nice stuff man. Bar 107 and more: genius! Bar 123 is very nice, I like it. And poof, we're at the end.

I think you did a nice job. It's a weird song but not in a bad way. I'd love to hear it played with proper instruments instead of my soundcard :P

C4C?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1413519