melodic post-hardcore(-ish) (gp5) c4c

PDA

View Full Version : melodic post-hardcore(-ish) (gp5) c4c

Amuro Jay
02-11-2011, 01:25 AM
Post-hardcore is the best I can describe it. I tried going for a Crime in Stereo meets The Saddest Landscape kinda sound, but it derailed somewhere. It's melodic and gets pretty jumpy in some parts, almost sounds like a videogame.

It's basically a short intro track (with vocals) that jumps directly into the next song, so that's why it ends so quick.

Any comments/suggestions appreciated. c4c.

edit: re-uploaded it because I can't remember which version I had up.

Taclite
02-11-2011, 04:56 AM
Section 5 strongly reminded me of Social Distortion. Quite a nice track :D

Antiartist
02-11-2011, 10:54 PM
Man, is really awesome! Love it!

But please be careful with the vocals! This track can stand alone as an instrumental o-n-l-y.
So if you decide to put vocals in it, just make sure the singing doesn't "cover" the music if you get what i mean!

Record it! :D

BigBigWater
02-11-2011, 11:06 PM
Section 1 and 2 sounded really good. Very pleasant with a nice sort of buildup.

Section 3 went on a bit too long for me, but I have a short attention span so that's probably not a common thing among others. Could do well with vocals though I'm sure.

Section 4 was alright, not anything special, but it works. Could do well with vocals again,of course though.

Section 5 is really nice, love the melody here.

Love how Section 6 feels/comes in. Definitely probably my favorite part.

Overall, would work well for what it's intended for, nice work.

If you wanna C4C: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1409030
Scale The Summit-ish instrumental stuffs. ;o

Amuro Jay
02-12-2011, 07:10 PM
Section 1 and 2 sounded really good. Very pleasant with a nice sort of buildup.

Section 3 went on a bit too long for me, but I have a short attention span so that's probably not a common thing among others. Could do well with vocals though I'm sure.

Section 4 was alright, not anything special, but it works. Could do well with vocals again,of course though.

Section 5 is really nice, love the melody here.

Love how Section 6 feels/comes in. Definitely probably my favorite part.

Overall, would work well for what it's intended for, nice work.

If you wanna C4C: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1409030
Scale The Summit-ish instrumental stuffs. ;o
Ironically enough, Section 3 used to be a little shorter, but I felt like I needed more time to develop the bassline :p: I could trim it down, though.

I'm out of town at the moment and I'm posting from my phone but I will definitely crit yours as soon as I get back tomorrow :cheers:

Thanks to everyone who has replied so far.

synestershadows
02-20-2011, 01:06 AM
It's about time I critted something of yours, Toki.

Ummmm, yeah...There's not much to say. This is just really awesome. I really wanna hear this with some skramz vocals or something. Very nice!

Care to check out my tab? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1403847

TheReverend724
03-05-2011, 04:06 PM
I really like this dude. I agree with Andrew, skramz vocals would be dope