Little something I cooked up (GP5)

PDA

View Full Version : Little something I cooked up (GP5)

Venomtank
02-11-2011, 07:01 PM
Heya, the beginning bass line/ guitar line is something that I had come up in my head, then wrote more around it :) I especially like the little solo at the beginning. I've still got more in the runnings, but I wanted to see what you guys think so far. And it's deifnately lakcing drums, but that's the one instrument I've never been good at playing or coming up with parts for, so if someone feels a need to add drums, be my guest :)

As always, if you would like me to listen to one of your pieces, just say, leave a link, whatever :) I'll get right on it :) cheers

Eskil Rask
02-11-2011, 07:32 PM
The intro is pretty cool (though you might want to know that it's actually in 5/4. :p)
The last 4 bars before the solo are completely off the mood imo. You should really use the intro and the intro solo part separately. It sounds pretty cool.

Not so sure about the verse part, though it might just be my tastes.

All in all, you've managed to come up with a number of cool riffs and stuff, but they don't really fit together. The intro is stuck in my head, it's really cool.

Venomtank
02-11-2011, 07:45 PM
Ah cheers about the 5/4 :L I knew it was gonna be a weird timing as I was struggling to tap my foot in time. I just love the catchyness of it :) The middle section sounded better when it was just the clean guitar palm muting the E5 chord. At the moment it's a little bit of mash-ups put together in one place :) should eventually come together to make a song :)

I love the solo :) G major is my favourite scale of them all :)