PA idea

PDA

View Full Version : PA idea

throwdown!
02-11-2011, 11:07 PM
Hey boys! My bands not very serious we live fairly busy lives for being 15 and all go to different schools and im the only one with a job. We dont want to fork out any money to buy a PA yet so i was thinking of alternate ways. I know that keyboard amps are a popular choice, as well as bass amps that have a mic jack. but today i came to a realization that might just work. So, i know that when i plug my amp into my laptop with a certain usb plug in the laptop i can play through the speakers of it, so i started to think what if i used a rockband usb mic and then used a stereo cable to connect it to a guitar amp. So what im wondering is if this would work and if anyones tried and how well it works. Thanks guys!
ps. if im in the wrong forum, let me know and ill move! thanks!

Freunleven
02-11-2011, 11:15 PM
It should work. I can't say for certain how well it will work or what technical issues you might encounter. But, from a purely mechanical standpoint, it should work.

:satan:

throwdown!
02-11-2011, 11:16 PM
yeah like in theory, everything should work. pretty much blew my mind to pieces when i thought about it walkin home today xD

Cowless
02-11-2011, 11:17 PM
It will sound like ass, though. I'm sure you knew that, so I'll just go.

LazarusOnGrave
02-12-2011, 12:03 AM
On top of the quality of the sound, I would also be concerned that there would be some sort of delay.

I would be kind of skeptical, but I guess if it were a quality, dedicated laptop it might be somewhat doable.

Then again, I can't imagine it would sound all that great.

throwdown!
02-12-2011, 12:22 AM
yeah, a rockband mic to start isnt gonna be the greatest haha. were just lookin for something to screw aroound with and there is a noticeable delay. like a beat or two. hopefully my dell can handle it haha

Cowless
02-12-2011, 12:42 AM
yeah, a rockband mic to start isnt gonna be the greatest haha. were just lookin for something to screw aroound with and there is a noticeable delay. like a beat or two. hopefully my dell can handle it haha

Oh yeah, if you're just ****in' around, by all means go ahead.