Melodic Death Metal song (New 2 Forum =D)

PDA

View Full Version : Melodic Death Metal song (New 2 Forum =D)

Willy Brutality
02-12-2011, 02:11 AM
I am new to the forum and thought I would show you guys what I've been up to for the past few days off and on. I'm going for a different kind of sound than most melodeath bands. Tell me what you think and please be brutally honest. :)

envoykrawkwar7
02-12-2011, 02:21 PM
welcome to the forums first off!
i like this, it does have a different sound than most melodeath [i.e. bearable haha] so ill start with the bad. that last riff, its definitely not finished but as it sits, its kinda off, it doesn't really fit with the rest of your riffs in some ways, but im sure you could make that work. the part where you have the continuous tuplets like a solo, make your drums continuous tuplets too, trust me itll help the sound so much more than you would think, and if your gonna be posting here people will LOVE when you have the key signature in. now for the good, i like your intro alot, keep it going a little longer or come back to it later in the song it has a really cool feel to it and i think it could help more than hurt to repeat it. your trem riffs are really nice, but they could use a little variance here and there [although im realizing this inst a final copy its just an idea for the future] i loved the part at 33-40 mabey do a revision of something like that later in the song or make your future trem riffs mirror it in a way its very different and nice sounding and one last thing i like what your doing with the drums but to have them same so constantly will get a little boring, copy and paste is good as long as you include variance. all in all great song and i cant wait to see it finished!

c4c? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1411276

Willy Brutality
02-12-2011, 10:58 PM
Thanks for the critiques man! What exactly is the key signature? I'm not too educated about music, lol. I just kind of go by ear and try to stay in a scale. I really would love to learn more about the actual theory behind writing.

envoykrawkwar7
02-13-2011, 03:20 AM
key signature just gives a basic run down of what notes are sharped/flatted right from the start and then you have no symbols next to them while your writing the song down the line, itll help you figure out what function the notes your using have as each scale degree [1-7] have a different musical pull and function, the easiest way to figure out is find your sharps/flats and compare them to either the order of flats beadgcf or sharps fcgdaeb and which ever order they fit in thatll be your key signature and you just change it at the beginning of the score accordingly [gp does it real nice and shows you the counts next to the key so you can make sure your correct]