Oracle of Light (C4C)

PDA

View Full Version : Oracle of Light (C4C)

TV-Casualty
02-12-2011, 03:20 AM
Hi UG. I've been working on this tune off and on for a while and I believe I have finally come to a point where I can stop.
I posted the rough draft here about a month ago, and apparently the guitarpro file kept crashing, so fingers crossed that this one will work alright.

So please, your opinions/thoughts/suggestions/dislikes/annoyances/unpleasantries. And of course I'll C4C

:cheers:

Anarchy66
02-12-2011, 07:13 PM
the guitar pro file doesnt work...i think people are just too lazy to tell you

robertito696
02-12-2011, 09:40 PM
It worked in gp6 for me, but kept crashing gp5.

Anyways, I thought it was great. The only part I didn't like was the transition into chorus1, the accelerating bit felt off for whatever reason. I'd try to transition better. The chorus was awesome though, some wicked nice melodies. And I like the idea of vocoded vocals.

The chorus is repeated a lot and I can see it getting tiresome after a while, but I honestly loved it so much that it doesn't bother me. Throwing another verse in or a solo will help break it up a bit.

TV-Casualty
02-13-2011, 12:29 PM
That's strange that it keeps crashing.. thanks for letting me know. Maybe I'll re upload or something.

and robertito, I appreciate the input

TV-Casualty
03-18-2011, 03:56 PM
Hi UG. I've been working on this tune off and on for a while and I believe I have finally come to a point where I can stop.
I posted the rough draft here about a month ago, and apparently the guitarpro file kept crashing, so fingers crossed that this one will work alright.

So please, your opinions/thoughts/suggestions/dislikes/annoyances/unpleasantries. And of course I'll C4C

:cheers:
bumping instead of making new thread :)

tom1995w
03-18-2011, 03:57 PM
Doesn't work.

TV-Casualty
03-18-2011, 04:08 PM
Doesn't work.
shit. Thanks for letting me know. Does the midi at least work for you?

tom1995w
03-18-2011, 04:11 PM
You should get the GP5 working, I've listened to the MIDI and it's bloody good, I'd like to see what you've done with this.

TV-Casualty
03-18-2011, 04:23 PM
You should get the GP5 working, I've listened to the MIDI and it's bloody good, I'd like to see what you've done with this.
Ok, I'll see what I can do with it

Mean Mr Mustard
03-18-2011, 04:51 PM
People, open it and before you press play, set the MIDI bank (in the instrument settings) in every track to 0

TV-Casualty
03-18-2011, 05:09 PM
Okay, so for some reason the op isn't letting me work with attachments properly, but attached to this post is the fixed(maybe) GP5 file and midi

Kirborg
03-18-2011, 05:22 PM
nice song, getting a bit of a Traced in Air-era Cynic vibe here blended in with your own style. Really nice melodies all around and solo was really awesome too, good work.