"Down This Road Again" [*.gp5/*.gp4/*.mid]

PDA

View Full Version : "Down This Road Again" [*.gp5/*.gp4/*.mid]

defiance64
02-12-2011, 09:18 PM
This song is absolutely fascinating me! I wrote it with the inspiration to have something to play for my high school's district contest, but I went in a different direction with it less than 10 measures into it haha. The slow down section is kinda rough, I realize, it's going to get worked on. This is a really rough write-up of it.

D-Saster
02-13-2011, 07:18 AM
That's actually really cool man, just the overall vibe with the horns etc. in the same mash up as the guitars it really rocked!

Fragmatyc
02-13-2011, 09:05 AM
Hoi!
I really like it! It's sound really dark and satanic on VerseIIB! I liked that riff. Introduction too and the transition between intro and verse is just great, you kept the same feeling all over the song. I think you have the right to be proud of you creation!

The way you wrote Cm and Am without the fifth might be a little hard to play, but if you have long fingers that shouldn't be a problem right :haha: ?

Talking about the solo!
I wouldn't be able to play that fast! I can play fast but not THAT fast. I don't say it bad in itself, but I don't like fast solo. I prefer emotion and more bluesy licks, but it good though.

The whole idea of your song is kept all along and that's a good point.
Now if you don't mind, would you like to crit one of mine?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1411260