Melodic Death Metal (still in development) - GP5, C4C

PDA

View Full Version : Melodic Death Metal (still in development) - GP5, C4C

Peres.T.Peanut
02-21-2011, 01:56 PM
I've been really crapping out ideas recently, and since I'm liking GP5 more and more, why not write it down? xD

Anyway, this is my most recent composition (or at least a sketch of what could be). I'm putting this up so early on because I've been facing some real issues with the sections, sometimes the transitions between them seem perfect, other times just feel odd. So, any input you can give will be most appreciated.

C4C

ps: if I'm taking too long to crit back, its because I'm having some internet issues, so don't think you've been wronged.

YesterdaysToday
02-21-2011, 02:09 PM
First off... This needs bass guitar!

In measure 1, I think it would sound better if you put blast beats matching up with the high notes of the guitar. And in measures 2 and 3, if you put a lead on the second guitar or had fills/chords, it would give it a more in depth sound.

I like the keyboard coming in at 6, but it needs to be turned down, it drowns everything out.

Section Three needs to be moved, changed, or taken out, as it does not fit at all. It goes from a nice Deathcore/Melo-death sound to country metal. (i just made that up, but it sounds a like a mixture of country and metal.)

Section 6 sounds like power metal, but it's awesome, I'de keep it.

Overall, A bit reppetitive, needs a little more length, and has a few technical errors, but a solid piece.
6/10

Crit Mine?:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1414423