metal bridge pickups

PDA

View Full Version : metal bridge pickups

andrerist
02-23-2011, 05:39 PM
hey guys, so i have a dillemma, i currently have a schecter c1 hellraiser and just purchased a new cort x6 vpr. i am using a marshall mg250 dfx with no effects or pedals. i love the sound of my schecter but dont want to put actives in my new guitar. i am looking to replace my bridge pickup in the cort to a passive, f-spaced humbucker. i need something that can play music such as all that remains, bullet for my valentine, killswitch, children of bodem... etc. what are your recommendations and why?

Kalo Hanaka
02-23-2011, 05:43 PM
Dude, you don't need EMGs to sound metal... You could just as easily go for DiMarzio X2N if you want a high gain monster, or their Evolution pickups. Seymoure Duncan pickups might be what you need, but I don't really know anything about those.

!-twisty-!
02-23-2011, 05:55 PM
First thing most people will tell you is, get a new amp and then worry about fine details like pickups

gman128
02-23-2011, 05:58 PM
dimarzio d activator, any other high output dimarzio, duncan - distortion, invader.
Kalo^^^^ is correct on not needing actives to play metal, the duncan invader is used by bands like Nile, A7X, and fyi both Children of Bodom guitarists use PASSIVE emgs

gman128
02-23-2011, 05:59 PM
With your current amp, you'll want something that will push the preamp hard, so go for ceramic pickups from any of the major brands

andrerist
02-23-2011, 06:19 PM
i already have actives on the schecter and like the tone im getting with the current amp, what im looking for is a similar tone but with a passive pickup that is compatible with floyd rose. i'm starting to lean toward the x2n but heard that it squeals at high volumes?

ZaphodBeeblebro
02-23-2011, 06:49 PM
Are you seriously using a 250W transistor amp? Oo
Well, never the less... try tube amps...

andrerist
02-23-2011, 06:56 PM
ya, i'd love a tube amp, how bout you go drop atleast $500 for a decent one thats big enough to play over a band. when you can figure that one out, lemme kno. otherwise im pretty content with only paying $250 for this one. the question isnt about the amp its about the pickups.

daytripper75
02-23-2011, 06:59 PM
This forum isn't for discussing guitars/guitar accessories. Please use the appropriate forums for those topics. Thanks!