"The End Of The Show" Classic Rock Power Ballad [GP5] RSE. Lyrics help please!

PDA

View Full Version : "The End Of The Show" Classic Rock Power Ballad [GP5] RSE. Lyrics help please!

MetaIronForce
02-23-2011, 07:36 PM
[GP5] (100KB) (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9731723/Original%20Songs/The%20End%20of%20the%20Show.gp5)
[WAV] (5.7 MB) (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9731723/Original%20Songs/the%20end%20of%20the%20show.wav)

Please listen with RSE. It was designed for it, and you definately won't get the fully effect if you listen with midi. If you don't have RSE, listen to the WAV.
If the midi is out of time with the RSE, then go to sound settings and set the midi latency to around 120.

First of all, it did have lyrics, but they were extremely cheesy so I deleted them from the GP5 file. The lyrics were originally about the end of a gig but now they're gone, the title is just a working title. I think I need a new lyrical subject.
Here's the orinigal cheesy lyrics:
Some times you need to take a break.
Cause theres only so much you can take.
But we've got room for one more song.
And after that you just keep going on.

We gotta get on out of this place.
Gotta move on and make some space.
You know the best times don't last forever.
So we'll keep go ing on together!

[CHORUS]:
It's the end of the show.
Gotta leave now and go.
We'll be out in the back getting rea dy to go together.
It's the end of the show.
Though our time's running low.
We'll be rocking on and playing our songs forever!

Dim lights. Another night.
May be one day we'll be reaching new heights.
On our way. A measly pay.
May be it 'll be better next day.

You know the best times don't last for ever.
So we'll keep going on together!

[CHORUS]

(Bridge that currently doesn't have vocals)

[CHORUS] X2

So yeah... please crit musically, rather than lyrically XD
I will C4C. I may even C4C even if you don't ask for it.

kyl1989
02-24-2011, 03:00 PM
Thanks for the crit.

Anyways Iím typing while listening to your track. Firstly for one or other reason my gp5ís rse hasnít been working so Iím gonna have to resort to listening to the midi. Intro A done a great job of capturing me instantly. The piano work here was tastefully done. Iím a sucker for high key notes especially if theyíre done effectively like here so really enjoyed that. The lead guitar in Intro B done a good job of carrying the mood you started in A. Your vocal melody done worked well in bringing the verse to life and your pre-chorus done its job in building up to the chorus. Chorus was catchy, Really enjoyed the lil piano fill you had going at bar 32. I feel though as if you let the distortion guitar ring slightly too much into the main piano section. Listening now to the Main Piano section reminded me to mention how great your bass lines have been through out, really stand out in my opinion so well done on that. Verse 2, pre chorus 2 and chorus 2 pretty much the same, the vocal melody was definitely the highlight over there. Bridge was effective. I enjoyed your solo section until it got to Guitar Solo C. I can see what you were attempting to achieve but I think you lost the plot completely here. Same goes for Solo D. I woulda continued the tempo you had going in Solo A leading into the Piano Solo. I cannot stress how much I enjoyed the piano solo. Was beautifully done. Only thing I think needs work here is the transition into Chorus 3. I think what youíve got at the moment here in a way jolted the vibe you had going so see whether you can touch that up. Chorus 3 was great, and chorus 4 had almost a grand finale type feel to it which I think worked well seeing how it is the last chorus of the track. Outros were solid, especially A canít help but feel that maybe with B as well that it drags on for slightly too long, Piano ending was superbly done, loved what you done with the bass over here. The piano at bar 140 was a great ending. I see the trackís duration is 5:44. Would be pretty interesting to see what you can do with same track to cut it down for maybe like a radio edit, and then have what this as an album edit. Just an idea.
Anyways Iím sure youíve noticed that the bulk of my crits listing positives besides for a few minor things that i thought could do with some work. Vocal melody was definitely a highlight for me throughout so keep it up.

MetaIronForce
02-25-2011, 08:09 AM
Thanks for the crit.

Anyways Iím typing while listening to your track. Firstly for one or other reason my gp5ís rse hasnít been working so Iím gonna have to resort to listening to the midi. Intro A done a great job of capturing me instantly. The piano work here was tastefully done. Iím a sucker for high key notes especially if theyíre done effectively like here so really enjoyed that. The lead guitar in Intro B done a good job of carrying the mood you started in A. Your vocal melody done worked well in bringing the verse to life and your pre-chorus done its job in building up to the chorus. Chorus was catchy, Really enjoyed the lil piano fill you had going at bar 32. I feel though as if you let the distortion guitar ring slightly too much into the main piano section. Listening now to the Main Piano section reminded me to mention how great your bass lines have been through out, really stand out in my opinion so well done on that. Verse 2, pre chorus 2 and chorus 2 pretty much the same, the vocal melody was definitely the highlight over there. Bridge was effective. I enjoyed your solo section until it got to Guitar Solo C. I can see what you were attempting to achieve but I think you lost the plot completely here. Same goes for Solo D. I woulda continued the tempo you had going in Solo A leading into the Piano Solo. I cannot stress how much I enjoyed the piano solo. Was beautifully done. Only thing I think needs work here is the transition into Chorus 3. I think what youíve got at the moment here in a way jolted the vibe you had going so see whether you can touch that up. Chorus 3 was great, and chorus 4 had almost a grand finale type feel to it which I think worked well seeing how it is the last chorus of the track. Outros were solid, especially A canít help but feel that maybe with B as well that it drags on for slightly too long, Piano ending was superbly done, loved what you done with the bass over here. The piano at bar 140 was a great ending. I see the trackís duration is 5:44. Would be pretty interesting to see what you can do with same track to cut it down for maybe like a radio edit, and then have what this as an album edit. Just an idea.
Anyways Iím sure youíve noticed that the bulk of my crits listing positives besides for a few minor things that i thought could do with some work. Vocal melody was definitely a highlight for me throughout so keep it up.

You can hear RSE by listening to the WAV by the way. MIDI really takes away the power from Guitar Solo C (which in my opinion is a great air guitarable section). MIDIs also the reason why the guitars ring on too much sometimes. With RSE they fade automatically.