My first composition [.gpx]

PDA

View Full Version : My first composition [.gpx]

giggsy664
02-27-2011, 03:58 PM
Hey all

This is my first composition in GP. It's very basic so I know it's probably not all that good, but I'm only beginning :p:. I got the 00003535 progression while messing about on guitar and started to work with it. Any feedback would be appreciated greatly :D

Oh, I sample a tiny bit of the drums from "The End" by the Beatles. The first half of bar 3 is sampled/heavily based from the drum solo Ringo does.

robertito696
02-27-2011, 04:24 PM
Not that many people have gp6. You'll get a lot more responses if you upload a gp5/4 version also.

The first half is really dissonant, I didn't like it. The second half, starting at bar 17, was much better. Though the second guitar still sounded off. Keep at it, your work will only improve.

slipknotnskullz
02-28-2011, 05:13 AM
Well the 1st half like robertito said, was too dissonant and I did not enjoy listening to it at all!
After bar 17 it sounded much better, but some parts were way off.

I think you should learn some scales and such, because this song is chromatic and chromatic songs rarely sound good. This is your first song, so just keep composing in order to improve, but also like I said, learn some music theory to help you strengthen your composition skills

If you have free time could you please check out "The era of Eternal War" from my sig