Crazy Experimental Song (GP5)

PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Experimental Song (GP5)

goatsock
02-28-2011, 09:18 AM
I tend to make these kinds of songs which have crazy strucures, weird key signatures/harmonies.

This is't my best piece of work, I'm afraid of putting up my better ones incase of somebody copies it.

Note: I borrowed Mutemath - Typicals Chorus riff as the backing for my solo. :)

Note 2: I can't play the solo ;)

(Also i'm new to UG and noticed people saying C4C and I'm not sure what it means? Somebody explain? Ta!)

Robb987123Bass
02-28-2011, 09:41 AM
C4C means comment for comment- they comment on your song, you comment on theirs.

dylann
02-28-2011, 10:57 AM
mm intresting its average i was hopping for me :( you should maybe post your better stuff as that will get alot more feedback i wouldnt worry about people copying your music everyone posts stuff on here

white_ibanez10
02-28-2011, 03:08 PM
doode. I dont know what to tell you.

envoykrawkwar7
02-28-2011, 03:09 PM
thanks for your crit on mine.
heres for yours
i wanna say it kinda lacks structure, but thats because its just a bunch of solos, theres no main melody, no clear verses or choruses just a bunch of solos and interesting riff ideas, and it does leave you feeling like wtf was that at the end. now as to the riffs themselves, i think percussive organ isnt your best bet, mabey try the hammond or the rock becuase it just sounds, bad. may just be the midi though. your solo riffs are all pretty cool when theyre arent just trem or bends, you could really do something cool withthose if you repurposed them into a different song, this one kinda just feels like patchwork.
but like you said this isnt your best work, so im just gonna leave at that, if you post something you feel is better let me know and ill check it out and try to give somebetter feedback on that

xtortion
02-28-2011, 03:21 PM
Played with real instruments this would sound wicked! It makes me think of Focus the old 70's prog rock band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4ouPGGLI6Q (For you who are missing out)

I think its great, sounds really proggy. And your solo is great too - now practice it so you can play it :D

goatsock
02-28-2011, 04:09 PM
Absolutely adore Focus!! Hocus Pocus is one of my favourite songs of all time. Thanks for the crit although I'm not really gonna change it cos I cba and it was a mess around that I just wanted to show people :) I'll upload some proper songs if people would like...? x

frankibo
02-28-2011, 05:33 PM
This is't my best piece of work, I'm afraid of putting up my better ones incase of somebody copies it.

I'm gonna steal this.

In all seriousness I wouldn't be worried about that, I would hope there's a mutual respect between people who come on here.

And no one would want to steal this anyway...

goatsock
02-28-2011, 06:52 PM
Ah! XD Of course nobody would want to steal THIS. Anyway, I'm sure everyone round here is fine, I'll try and find something more impressive to upload tomorrow. x