Critique please (I know its generic...)

PDA

View Full Version : Critique please (I know its generic...)

bmathew
02-28-2011, 12:01 PM
This is a style in which I've been writing with for a while. I'm slowly making my way to progressive metal. I know its not the most original song but let me know what you think of the riffs so I know how I can improve instead of just saying its generic. And yeah I love breakdown no need to tell me haha thanks as always

goatsock
02-28-2011, 01:08 PM
My honest opinion would be that it's basic and uninteresting, you need to start with a catchy riff and build upon it, try to leave the chugging to a minimum. The amount of times I just see 00 on the bottom 2 strings it bores me.

I really do like the bit from bar 28-38 and would recomend using that riff to write an entire song :), also if you add some Bass and lead it will give it that bit more punch that it needs.

(All this is meant to be constructive crit. btw)

Have a look at my weird GP song :P

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1416895

envoykrawkwar7
02-28-2011, 03:26 PM
hmm, this looks oddly familliar..........
oh yeah!
i like what youve done with it, especially the trem riff at 48, but your drums still need some cleaning again, go download like 20 tabs of bands you listen to and just watch their drums on the tab, itll help you massive amounts man, but yeah you need a bass, and to keep that trem riff at 48 going it sounds really cool and would over the breakdown. if you need more help when writing it just let me know ill see if i can help you out again =)

synestershadows
02-28-2011, 03:56 PM
Goatsock pretty much summed up what I was gonna say.

xbitmetal
02-28-2011, 04:55 PM
Well it's quite generic.. metalcore? I don't really listen this type of metal music so I can't really type genre. However GJ!
However I don't like only rhythm parts. You should add melody line into those parts.

frankibo
02-28-2011, 05:28 PM
This is a style in which I've been writing with for a while. I'm slowly making my way to progressive metal. I know its not the most original song but let me know what you think of the riffs so I know how I can improve instead of just saying its generic. And yeah I love breakdown no need to tell me haha thanks as always

1) Not progressive.
2) Very generic.
3) Too many boring breakdowns.

I don't really understand what sort of crit you want, you seem to know what makes your music unoriginal and uninteresting and you seem to be okay with it...