Who's Listening? - (GP5 + MIDI + MP3)

PDA

View Full Version : Who's Listening? - (GP5 + MIDI + MP3)

HappyGilmore899
02-28-2011, 04:25 PM
First off, I realize this type of music/genre isn't exactly the most popular on here but I'm looking to venture out more myself and post up more of my workings instead of holding back like I have been for the past year or so. Best way I can describe the style of this track is as a VERY Simple/Basic, Jazz-Pop. I'll keep the description simple like that and let you judge on your own. Also, I'm not classically trained at all nor do I have much knowledge of theory so it is very simple structurally and technically...Like my sig says, I just enjoy sitting there with GP loaded with my Guitar and seeing what I can come up with.

I've got the GP5 and MIDI files below and the MP3 (Just the MIDI Converted) is available for streaming in my profile. The GP5 was NOT written for RSE so listen with RSE Off! Mixing is still somewhat unfinished and Speakers with a higher bass output are ideal to pick up on the Piano and (obviously) Bass tracks.

Opinions, critiques are always appreciated...just looking for some constructive feedback for this piece and to keep in mind for future workings. I will be glad to Crit-for-crit, regardless of Genre...I'm an open minded guy.

Kalo Hanaka
02-28-2011, 04:44 PM
Needs more cowbell. :P

Jokes aside, I thought it sounded nice. Easy-listening, which is something most people tend to forget.

The solo though, didn't say much I thought. Maybe some more bends, and the like?

HappyGilmore899
02-28-2011, 06:00 PM
Needs more cowbell. :P

Jokes aside, I thought it sounded nice. Easy-listening, which is something most people tend to forget.

The solo though, didn't say much I thought. Maybe some more bends, and the like?

I appreciate the listen and the crit. In the solo, I wanted to keep it simple and flowing like the rest of the song obviously and thought some of the slide runs would be good fits. I honestly didn't even consider much bending with the slide runs being some of the first parts I came up with for it but I could definitely see trying to spice it up in the future when I go to record.

envoykrawkwar7
03-01-2011, 03:09 AM
to start i definitely love how much you use minor seconds in your chords, it makes them so flavourful.
it has such a nice interludey feel to it, and just worked out really great coming from my speakers at 1 am while writing an english paper, i want more pretty much
it was all so perfectly fitting together too, the solo couldnt be anymore exactly what it needed to be
i really wouldnt change a thing, except mabey the ending, it felt a little bit rushed, but honestly everything but that was perfect and i wish i could hear it as a real recording!

synestershadows
03-01-2011, 03:20 AM
I don't usually listen to this kinda stuff but I really like it. It's a nice breather after listening to a lot of metalcore and hardcore. lol. I really don't have anything bad to say about this. It kinda reminds me of those Scale the Summit breaks. Good stuff. I would love to hear this recorded.

HappyGilmore899
03-01-2011, 12:38 PM
Really appreciate the feedback guys. I do have a couple tracks I'd like to get recorded (or even partially recorded even with MIDI drums) but it's always a struggle for me to play with the dreaded mic on lol...always tense up too much.

If anyone else has any crits/feedback for me, I'm happy to do C4C!

Joshua1207
03-07-2011, 12:07 AM
The beginning when the guitars kick in is pretty cool. Gives almost a happily-sad hopeful feeling, if that makes any sense lol. For some reason the song almost sounds like it could be in the credits for a video game or something ha, thats a good thing though! I like the chords you use in the chorus, I love to use them myself, but I never find the place to use them. I think they fit in nicely. Solo wasn't anything ground-breaking, but it kept the mood and flow of the song going.
The only real compliment is the ending didn't real end too well. Probably could of kept going on, but I have the same problem finishing songs. A lot of the song was repetitive too, but I enjoyed it. Assuming you plan on adding vocals over it, it'd add a lot to the song. But even without vocals it sounds very nice.