Set List order

PDA

View Full Version : Set List order

Zacky_Gates
02-28-2011, 08:48 PM
Ok, my band mates and I have been having some difficulties figuring out our order for the songs we play.

the songs are:
Aerials - System of a Down
Learn to Fly - Foo Fighters
Kryptonite - 3 Doors Down
Welcome Home - Coheed and Cambria
Animal I Have Become - Three Days Grace
Monster - Skillet
Second Chance - Shinedown
She Hates Me - Puddle of Mudd
Blurry - Puddle of Mudd
Heart Shaped Box - Nirvana
and an instrumental song we wrote that starts out soft then get heavy then goes back soft

and I dont know if it matters but we have two guitarists and a drummer. both of the guitars(me as one of them) do vocals but mostly the other sings and plays. our bassist just left and i might move from guitar to bass..and we plan on writing a few originals also

Amaseng
02-28-2011, 08:53 PM
Play the instrumental second to last, and Welcome Home last. Start off with something faster to get the crowd going and save ballads for the middle of the set

krypticguitar87
02-28-2011, 09:05 PM
put your second best performance last and your best performance in the middle of the set. then open with another strong one thats pretty much it. I wouldn't recommend ending with welcome home neccessarily, I can't hear how well you perform all of these so if this is your weakest song then it's also the worst to end your set with.

basically make sure your strongest ones are not all right next to each other you need to hook them in, keep them there and then leave them wanting more. every song you play is different and only you guys know how well you perform them. at least that's how my band does it, the songs we are the worst at we kind of hide between stronger songs...

Dio10101
02-28-2011, 09:09 PM
Coheed and Cambria RULES. Play that one last. Play your own song second to last, and play Aerials first.

strat0blaster
02-28-2011, 09:11 PM
I'd put Welcome Home by C&C first because it's got a huge build up and a great break to get the audience in, and Aerials last because it's got lots of tension and release and will leave a good last impression. Put mid-tempos like Blurry in the middle, and do Heart Shaped Box as encore, IMO. The rest you can mix as you want.

AlanHB
02-28-2011, 09:14 PM
Setlist thread above.