03-02-2011, 10:19 PM
i have written more songs but this is the first one i have put on UG
side project is called Algorol
used drop D tuning
I'm a nub when it comes to writing songs :sad:
do be gentle :poke:

mxrider139
03-06-2011, 12:22 AM
I thought it was cool to listen too. Unfortunatly I don't like songs that follow no music sense. (which a lot of music on here is like) nonetheless it was interesting to listen too all the "harmonies" I would suggest putting a breakdown after "why not?" I can just a hear a good one fit in there. THis would be unbelievably hard to RECORD! idk, but simple is better for recording. hopefully I helped a little guy.=)

kcorkcar
03-06-2011, 02:05 AM
I thought it was cool to listen too. Unfortunatly I don't like songs that follow no music sense. (which a lot of music on here is like) nonetheless it was interesting to listen too all the "harmonies" I would suggest putting a breakdown after "why not?" I can just a hear a good one fit in there. THis would be unbelievably hard to RECORD! idk, but simple is better for recording. hopefully I helped a little guy.=)
Thanks for the tip. :D
I just started writing music like a few months ago, so i know its not going to be perfect. Especially since I want to blend both technical death metal and symphonic black metal together.
I'll go back and add something to it, before I go and do the unthinkable. Recording that sucker with vocals.
XD

Imm0rtal
03-06-2011, 07:24 AM
Personaly i think that using scales and stuff makes your works more limited.Other thing is that this is black/death metal ....how many bands of those genres did you heard to be using any "music sence" that you talk about.For a first song i think its done quite well dude.Keep practicing and you will reach further in your writings and it will also form your style aswell

Erra93
03-06-2011, 01:24 PM
Personaly i think that using scales and stuff makes your works more limited.Other thing is that this is black/death metal ....how many bands of those genres did you heard to be using any "music sence" that you talk about.For a first song i think its done quite well dude.Keep practicing and you will reach further in your writings and it will also form your style aswell

Isn't anything and everything you play part of a scale or am I missing something?

Kirborg
03-06-2011, 03:33 PM
half the harmonies don't make any sense. metal can be dissonant and abrupt but in your case it sounds like some of the notes are just picked randomly instead of carefully selected by ear. like the bass in bar 41 doesn't complement the guitar it just makes my ears ache

kcorkcar
03-06-2011, 10:55 PM
half the harmonies don't make any sense. metal can be dissonant and abrupt but in your case it sounds like some of the notes are just picked randomly instead of carefully selected by ear. like the bass in bar 41 doesn't complement the guitar it just makes my ears ache
I get ya, yeah I got lazy with the bass, so i'll go back over it
keep em coming guys
I'm trying to squeeze out the big flaws so I can adjust it and get this brought into cubase for an untold amount of time

Imm0rtal
03-07-2011, 06:25 AM
Isn't anything and everything you play part of a scale or am I missing something?

Yeah ...every riff is a PART of a scale but they are not written in just 1 scale.There for at the end of the song there are no recognizable scales at all.

Erra93
03-07-2011, 06:38 AM
Yeah ...every riff is a PART of a scale but they are not written in just 1 scale.There for at the end of the song there are no recognizable scales at all.

I mean in general, everything you play is part of a scale, right?

kcorkcar
03-07-2011, 12:59 PM
The last part was just breaking down a chord, so i dont know if the chord i used follows a particular scale or not