Can I put a link to my business in my sig?

PDA

View Full Version : Can I put a link to my business in my sig?

BC Audio
03-03-2011, 11:38 PM
I searched the FAQ, read all the rules I can find, and I couldn't find anything about links in signatures, other than links to other sites with forums. I do not intend to spam my products, but it would be nice if I could have a link to my site in my sig.

Thanks.

MH400
03-05-2011, 01:12 AM
No. Reported. Enjoy your Perma.

divid3d
03-05-2011, 02:39 AM
^ don't be an idiot - we wouldn't give him a permaban for this :/

from the main set of rules (the announcement at the top of The Pit):

NO ADVERTISING
- You may not advertise other forums or tab sites (in your posts/signature/user title/location/etc) or send private messages to other users which contain advertisements or links to such forums or tab sites, unless those users have specifically asked for a link or information.
- You may not advertise other websites on UG (in your posts/signature/user title/location/etc).
- This does not include linking to sites that are relevant to a particular discussion, or linking to your profile on a social networking site.
- If you are considering posting a link to a third party website and you are unsure if it is considered advertising, obtain permission from a moderator BEFORE you post the link.
Punishment: People who have signed up to UG specifically to advertise another site will receive a Permanent Ban. Users who have posted an advertising link in a post/signature/etc will be asked to remove it (you may receive a temporary Ban which will be lifted after you agree to remove the link from your signature/location/user title) and may receive a warning.

accordingly, could you please remove the link from your sig, and only ever post a link to it if it is relevant to a particular discussion in a thread? if it appears that you only post in order to advertise your site however and do not contribute to the site otherwise, you will be treated as an advertiser and receive punishment.

thank you for taking the time to check the rules with us :)

MH400
03-05-2011, 02:58 AM
I thought that people who sign up specifically to advertise got a Perma. My bad, mandalalala.

divid3d
03-05-2011, 03:07 AM
they do - but this guy didn't sign up just to advertise.

he's not a spambot, clearly. he has made posts elsewhere to help people that had nothing to do with his site. he posted here to check whether or not his link was ok, and specifically said he doesn't want to spam his site here. all signs that he isn't strictly "an advertiser" and therefore he falls under this section of the rules:

"Users who have posted an advertising link in a post/signature/etc will be asked to remove it (you may receive a temporary Ban which will be lifted after you agree to remove the link from your signature/location/user title) and may receive a warning."

since he has been cooperative up to this point there is no reason to ban or warn him unless he refuses to remove the link from his sig or starts posting it everywhere.

make sense?

MH400
03-05-2011, 03:12 AM
Sorreh :sad:

BC Audio
03-05-2011, 10:20 PM
Thanks for the reply. Link removed.