Im having trouble with my tone! Metal muff/rx120rh

PDA

View Full Version : Im having trouble with my tone! Metal muff/rx120rh

Caboose2320
03-05-2011, 03:55 PM
I have Metal muff ehx distortion pedal and a Randall Rx120rh half stack. I cant get a good enough tone.i set it on the clean channel all at twelve on the amp and on the metal muff i can only get a pantera sound but if the treble isnt up almost all the way its way too muffled and i cant hear it well please help i just want a metallica sound

murphy268
03-06-2011, 03:53 AM
Hey im not a fan of the metal muff, i think u will get better results by usings the amps natural distortoin. try setting the EQ on ur overdrive amp channel to treble 9/10 middle 3/4 bass 8. When you "scoop" the middle out like that but have high treble and bass you'll notice a much sharper unmuffled sound, i play lots of metallica and i swear by it, and of course set the gain to 10!
Goodluck

ShredLordxX
03-23-2011, 09:13 AM
I used to have that amp it was really hard to dial in, I found the distortion was brutal grainy and harsh, and the clean wasn't that really clean. But I agree with Murhpy's post, Randall is renown for their solid state distortion, the amp probably has more balls than the pedal.