Quitting

PDA

View Full Version : Quitting

Maikku
03-06-2011, 01:25 PM
I've been in this group at college since the beginning of the school year. They cover video game music but ever since January I've wanted to quit for various reasons. Overall the band sounds terrible and doesn't work to improve that at all. The leader is lazy; he didn't have the music up for many songs on our setlist until recently (he does his own arranging but procrastinates more), information he gives about concerts is minimal and everything is so scattered. I've been putting as much of my effort into it as possible to give a good performance and the band can't even be arsed to memorize their music.

I have an opportunity to leave the band now. I'm thinking about taking it, since I'm not having fun.

Deathro
03-06-2011, 01:32 PM
If you really feel better without them then go, and was the college band a course thing? Like for a music degree or something?

Maikku
03-06-2011, 01:33 PM
If you really feel better without them then go, and was the college band a course thing? Like for a music degree or something?

No, its not related to coursework.

Sulfur183
03-06-2011, 01:34 PM
Leave their sorry asses and start your own band, then if you do good be a jerk and rub it in their faces.

Ultragoose
03-06-2011, 01:39 PM
Leave if you have something better to join. Little of something is usually better than alot of nothing.
Also, try talking with them about this, people do change believe it or not. If not, then atleast you tried!