Band leading Skills

PDA

View Full Version : Band leading Skills

Guitar_dude_970
03-07-2011, 02:46 AM
Well as a christian i reckon there shouldn't be a band leader but more someone that has experience that just watches over it and help them.

But there should be a on stage leader which is different.

Usually it should be the lead vocalist who directs the song and the pattern of change. They will usually decide what song are done and the pitch/harmony that it is done in. But there should be free will to suggest Ideas from anyone.

Thanks Guitar_Dude_970

Kill A Kitten
03-07-2011, 03:10 AM
Excuse me, good sir. What does being a Christian have to do with anything about band leading??

JetPackBlues
03-07-2011, 04:24 AM
Are you refering specificaly to Christian rock bands...?

grantjames
03-07-2011, 09:42 AM
This topic makes less sense than the bible.

Myshadow46_2
03-07-2011, 09:47 AM
Well, band leading skills will be band leading skills.

I'm not likely to have to convert just to lead a band...am I?

elloel
03-07-2011, 11:23 AM
My band and I believe in Harry Potter. And we have one leader that takes care of all the important stuff. It works out quite well actually.

pandora_grunt
03-07-2011, 12:03 PM
I'd love to be helpful here, but you have to rephrase your question. No offense intended, but I just cant decipher your post ;S

Natrone
03-07-2011, 01:08 PM
I'm confused as to what you mean, so I'll just answer from my experience.

In the case of any band, whether it be a worship band or just your own little rock act, there HAS to be someone to lead. That isn't to say they are a totalitarian leader, but they are a leader. I look at it in terms of democracy. Sure, the decisions are made by the majority, but there IS a leader for the government. The same applies to a band.

In other words, no matter what your beliefs are, there should be someone to lead the band and keep things headed in the right direction.

Hail
03-07-2011, 02:45 PM
This topic makes less sense than the bible.
http://oi55.tinypic.com/2hds4sm.jpg

AlanHB
03-07-2011, 05:27 PM
Wow crazy thread.

I have nothing more to say really.

gavk
03-07-2011, 06:01 PM
what would jesus do? he had 12 roadies and a ho, i think you can do pretty much whatever! is this serious? lead the band as a christian? what does that even mean? forgiving mistakes? not getting rob trujillo cos as a christian you know cliff is still alive? :(

i dunno....

krypticguitar87
03-07-2011, 07:21 PM
Poll Options
What is band leading Skills?
Band leading Skills
Band groups
Christian Bands
Leading a band as a christian

with a question like this I'm really not too sure how to answer it... I did however say that I think band leadings skills are band leading skills but I dunno band leading skillls could be a christian band....

well thats it, I've decided I'm going to make a christian band called band leading skills. I'll be the singer all the other positions are fair game do I have any takers?

UnbrokenGlass
03-07-2011, 09:06 PM
If you don't mind a pagan bassist, I'm in. Everybody knows you can't have a Christian bass player.

But seriously, what is this I don't even.

krypticguitar87
03-07-2011, 09:10 PM
If you don't mind a pagan bassist, I'm in. Everybody knows you can't have a Christian bass player.

But seriously, what is this I don't even.
good enough but so far we're just a bassist and a singer, so hopefully that will sound really christian I also just wrote my first line it goes something like this:

oh jesus! I love you jesus!

thats as far as I got...

UnbrokenGlass
03-07-2011, 11:31 PM
good enough but so far we're just a bassist and a singer, so hopefully that will sound really christian I also just wrote my first line it goes something like this:

oh jesus! I love you jesus!

thats as far as I got...

Body of Christ, sweet swimmer's body all muscled up and toned...

/Faith+1

the_perdestrian
03-08-2011, 04:02 AM
I have an acoustic guitar, Im in.
---- C-------F
oh jesus!
------------C--------G
I love you jesus!

SlackerBabbath
03-08-2011, 08:05 AM
Well as a christian i reckon there shouldn't be a band leader but more someone that has experience that just watches over it and help them.

But surely that equates to someone being a band leader?

Personaly I'm an atheist, I have nothing against your faith, but everyone in bands needs someone to look up to, someone to inspire them and lead, if only to get everyone on the same page with a definate direction to aim for, otherwise you just end up with several individuals all doing seperate things rather than as a unified team effort.

Think of the band like a church. What sort of church is it? Is it a Catholic one or a Protestant one or a Mormon one or a Jehovah's Witness one?.... Without someone taking the role of leader, for instance the priest, or vicar, or pastor, that church has no identity. In other words, it is the denomination of the person leading the congregation that defines the denomination of the church itself.
Without someone standing up and saying, "I believe this is the best way to do things" and unifying the congregation, then the church would at first be filled with people from different denominations with differing beliefs, who would then fall out over those differing beliefs, then refuse to attend the church and instead go to a church more suited to their needs.
The church as a building would effectively have no direction and become empty and useless. Like a band with no one willing to stand up and say "I believe this is the best way to do things."

xhisor
03-08-2011, 08:07 AM
where is the "wat" option?

blue_strat
03-08-2011, 08:25 AM
I played in a church band for a few years, and there was always a band leader.

krypticguitar87
03-08-2011, 07:09 PM
I have an acoustic guitar, Im in.
---- C-------F
oh jesus!
------------C--------G
I love you jesus!

okay good, now we just need to find a drummer... perferably three drummers(one plays a ringo-esqu kit, one to play a water kit and another on giant timpanies), a pianist, two didgeridoo players (I'd prefeer it if they came from zimbabwe), a mens chior(no gays), and hopefully someone to play xylaphone(definately perfer one that has an extra finger on their right hand). honestly guys I can't do it with out all of these people, how else am I supposed to get inspired when I read the bible.

also religeous background doesn't really matter aslong as you support the bands love for jesus.

Vlasco
03-09-2011, 11:07 PM
I vote that band leading skills = band leading skills.

axeman80
03-13-2011, 09:55 PM
I think the answer is orange.

AlanHB
03-14-2011, 12:49 AM
I vote that band leading skills = band leading skills.

:haha: :haha:

I didn't even bother reading the options until then. It's obviously a trick question of some sort, good form TS!