Innocence lost

PDA

View Full Version : Innocence lost

troyofyort
03-08-2011, 11:36 PM
This is an instrumental I started a couple of hours ago and am wondering what do yall think? I'm trying to see if it needs anything more, and also I'm in need of some criticism so any would be appreciated!

xbitmetal
03-09-2011, 10:49 AM
While listening: I don't like intro bass. when drums come too it's fine. Section 3 is boring. So is section 4. As Instrumental u need alot more variations and new stuff happening. GJ section 4.1 :-)! Section 6- and bar 95 doesn't fit. BTW ur song is impossible to play XDD!

After all ur song had some cool parts. You should improve bass, since it's instrumental bass is allowed to be free :D. Also why cymbals are so silent?

I think your song needs more variations. It's kinda the same from part to part.

Section 3-4 were very boring. You better think on something there. Got to mention that 4.1 was pretty good :). Best of all. Section 6 was pretty off for me. And your song was kinda impossible to play, atlast some of your chords.. I don't like that :D!

troyofyort
03-09-2011, 03:24 PM
Yeah I just wrote this much in a couple of hours. I'm no drummer so I really don't know what to do, but im planning on playing along to this on bass to help write the bass parts better. I'm also working on other guitar/lead parts to make it more interesting, this file is basically just a template for the rest of the work. I'm also planning on making the chords easier to play and add some chord progressions. And just curious about what was off about section 6?

xbitmetal
03-09-2011, 05:07 PM
And just curious about what was off about section 6?

Guitar 2 melody wasn't just too good. Also bars 95, 99, 103 and 107 were horrible.
Nothing's wrong with guitar 1, 3, 4, or bass. Drums were kinda boring. It was quite boring part too. Maybe try to add some variations into it?