Hopeless - Melodic Rock / Djent-ish [GP5]

PDA

View Full Version : Hopeless - Melodic Rock / Djent-ish [GP5]

Majin Gaara
03-09-2011, 10:44 PM
I would like to present to you all, my newest composition. This probably the craftiest and most interesting piece I've written. I'm loving the moods and how the rhythm sections work. I would love some critiquing though, as I do believe my piece could be better.
So, lets see what you guys think! Oh and also, tell me what you guys think of the chorus! Especially the vocals going over it (lyrics, note choice, how well it fits, etc)

Song is more along the lines of Trapt, Three Days Grace, Etc. That kinda hard-rock style. It's got some dark black metal-ish things going on, and it's also got some Djent like rhythms going on.

Haven't finished the vocals entirely. Lyrics are all written, the chorus melody is the only thing I have worked out. so you'll hear that.

Check it out!

Mean Mr Mustard
03-09-2011, 11:26 PM
Okay before I listen, let me say that Im not a fan of Three Days Grace haha, but Im still open-minded towards music like this. Especially if you have some catchy vocal lines, I love me some catchy vocals melodies.

I thought the Intro was nice, and the verse continued that mood as well, seemed more laid back then I expected. The guitar parts were catchy, I just didnt really like that dissonance at bar 39, but it may sound better with wah? The Chorus was good as well, the lead guitar and the vocals came together nicely. It would sound nice with some harsh vocals going on there.

The Verse 3 was my favorite part, hands down. I would love a slow, maybe harmonized, vocal line over top. The outro was nice as well. So basically, overall, its a nice solid rock song. Well-written, I think it just has more potential to be more melodic, such as the verse 3. Overall, good job though, no major crit

Majin Gaara
03-10-2011, 12:04 AM
Okay before I listen, let me say that Im not a fan of Three Days Grace haha, but Im still open-minded towards music like this. Especially if you have some catchy vocal lines, I love me some catchy vocals melodies.

Well, I'm not saying it sounds like them. That was just an example. I don't know what you'd call my song? Melodic Rock?

I thought the Intro was nice, and the verse continued that mood as well, seemed more laid back then I expected. The guitar parts were catchy, I just didnt really like that dissonance at bar 39, but it may sound better with wah? The Chorus was good as well, the lead guitar and the vocals came together nicely. It would sound nice with some harsh vocals going on there.

The dissonance at bar 30 is supposed to add tension in and if I ever get the chance to record the guitar part, I'll personally pm you and send you it. But if you want to hear it, I got the idea from the song 'Storm The Gates Of Hell' by Demon Hunter.

Give it a listen man, it's in the chorus. One guitar plays a rhythm and the other plays a lead with a wah and it sounds way sick. So that's inspired by that.

The Verse 3 was my favorite part, hands down. I would love a slow, maybe harmonized, vocal line over top. The outro was nice as well. So basically, overall, its a nice solid rock song. Well-written, I think it just has more potential to be more melodic, such as the verse 3. Overall, good job though, no major crit

I'm really grateful you like the song! That section was very fun to write. But thank you! I'll take those ideas into consideration.

Erra93
03-11-2011, 05:09 AM
Well, I'm not saying it sounds like them. That was just an example. I don't know what you'd call my song? Melodic Rock?

The dissonance at bar 30 is supposed to add tension in and if I ever get the chance to record the guitar part, I'll personally pm you and send you it. But if you want to hear it, I got the idea from the song 'Storm The Gates Of Hell' by Demon Hunter.

Give it a listen man, it's in the chorus. One guitar plays a rhythm and the other plays a lead with a wah and it sounds way sick. So that's inspired by that.

I'm really grateful you like the song! That section was very fun to write. But thank you! I'll take those ideas into consideration.

Oh, Demon Hunter.. I love the whole Storm The Gates Of Hell album :)