Newy (GP5, metal) c4c

PDA

View Full Version : Newy (GP5, metal) c4c

boeman1995
03-12-2011, 07:02 AM
Okay, so I made this a week or 2 ago. Don't mind my retarded drums, I just wanted them to be different from the normal thing, but I dunno if that worked out alright... Also, I'm not great at solos so it's probably really cliche... Anyhow, help me get better!:)

C4C if you want.

EDIT: Since it seems unclear as to whether or not to call it 'metal': I think it involves a bit of both metalcore and death metal.

Ometh
03-12-2011, 12:02 PM
Okay, so I made this a week or 2 ago. Don't mind my retarded drums, I just wanted them to be different from the normal thing, but I dunno if that worked out alright... Also, I'm not great at solos so it's probably really cliche... Anyhow, help me get better!:)

C4C if you want.

Ok first of all this is not metal at all this is Deathcore/Metalcore, and atm it sounds too messy: the drums are not that good and the harmonies sound dissonant and unpleasant, the whole song is a giant mess. Try to structure it a bit, I'm not saying for you to put it on a pop song structure, just try to make it more coerent. Hope this helped somehow.

boeman1995
03-12-2011, 12:14 PM
Ok first of all this is not metal at all this is Deathcore/Metalcore, and atm it sounds too messy: the drums are not that good and the harmonies sound dissonant and unpleasant, the whole song is a giant mess. Try to structure it a bit, I'm not saying for you to put it on a pop song structure, just try to make it more coerent. Hope this helped somehow.

I know the drums fail hugely, a friend made it better. And then deleted his file:(
The dissonance was meant to give it a different feel from normal. Guess it didn't work out. This was kind of a test anyhow, but I'm gonna be improving it to make it a final version... Thanks for the comment:)

Christopher S
03-12-2011, 01:13 PM

For the record; stating that Deathcore and Metalcore isn't metal basically makes you look ignorant. It is metal by all standards. Not to be offensive or mean, just wanted to tell as you seem like a fairly intelligent guy. :)

Julz127
03-12-2011, 01:27 PM
Whenever I hear metal in GP in MIDI without RSE it always reminds me of Doom 1.

Thanks for the nostalgia.

http://clanchronicclan.webs.com/doom1.jpg

boeman1995
03-12-2011, 01:56 PM
:') Was that positive? I have the RSE though, did turn it on...?

Ometh
03-12-2011, 02:00 PM
For the record; stating that Deathcore and Metalcore isn't metal basically makes you look ignorant. It is metal by all standards. Not to be offensive or mean, just wanted to tell as you seem like a fairly intelligent guy. :)

LOL dude, noty trying to argue or anything, I'm not dissing -core by any means, it's just that Death/Metalcore is a hybrid between Hardcore and Death Metal; just like Grindcore is a mix between Crust and Hardcore Punk, therefore is not Metal. And that doesn't mean the genre is not good, I mean i love me some grind sometimes, it's just the way I and most metalheads feel about this subject.