PDA

View Full Version : New member

kevinthecreator
03-13-2011, 11:44 AM
Well, kinda silly I can't post guitar related questions?
I feel like a n00b since I've used this for 8 years but haven't made an account until now.
Sorry to ask a guitar related question though hope you guise don't get buttsore about it
So I've been contemplating on what I want to buy as my main rig materials. I have a stinky combo solid state amp that sounds like an AC fan. I'm considering buying either the Axe-Fx Ultra, and running it through my Behringer PA system, or getting an Engl Powerball w/ an Orange 412 with Celestion Vintage 30's. I tried out a Rocker100 with an Ibanez TS808 and loved my tone, but I wanted something with a bit more natural bass. With that said, I don't like a Roadster into a Mesa Cab, which to me sounds like an amp with only bass knobs. I think the Engl sounds to me like a great tone range, and if I buy a Marshall cab with some blackbacks I can get my smooth, warm tones easy too. But, all this could be done simply with the Axe-Fx Ultra. Would my tone be better if I ran the Axe-Fx through a tube power amp to a cab or do you think my PA would be fine? Because I cannot make up my mind.
Thanks!
-Kev.

x_Hezee_x
03-14-2011, 10:38 AM
lol im a new member too and i been here for almost a year and just signed up too xDD
Nice to meet ya

ligiahag7902
03-17-2011, 04:39 AM
Well, kinda silly I can't post guitar related questions?
I feel like a n00b since I've used this for 8 years but haven't made an account until now.
Sorry to ask a guitar related question though hope you guise don't get buttsore about it
So I've been contemplating on what I want to buy as my main rig materials. I have a stinky combo solid state amp that sounds like an AC fan. I'm considering buying either the Axe-Fx Ultra, and running it through my Behringer PA system, or getting an Engl Powerball w/ an Orange 412 with Celestion Vintage 30's. I tried out a Rocker100 with an Ibanez TS808 and loved my tone, but I wanted something with a bit more natural bass. With that said, I don't like a Roadster into a Mesa Cab, which to me sounds like an amp with only bass knobs. I think the Engl sounds to me like a great tone range, and if I buy a Marshall cab with some blackbacks I can get my smooth, warm tones easy too. But, all this could be done simply with the Axe-Fx Ultra. Would my tone be better if I ran the Axe-Fx through a tube power amp to a cab or do you think my PA would be fine? Because I cannot make up my mind.
Thanks!
-Kev.
I also think so.