Electric

PDA

View Full Version : Electric

x_Hezee_x
03-14-2011, 09:53 AM
Hey all :D

Im looking for an electric guitar to buy for my birthday this Saturday or when i get a part time job after school. (Hard to find a guitar store in Philadelphia :cry: )

Anyway, i want an electric gutiar with... well a good amount of frets i suppose for certain songs. I dont have much experience with electrics so im not sure if they are all the same or i may be a bit confusing :(

I added a picture below (IF you can see it) thats the type of guitar im looking for, or if there is any other one that is better please let me know.

Nothing too flashy though

The^Unforgiven
03-14-2011, 10:01 AM
Budget?

A very basic starter guitar would be a Squier Stratocaster. You'll want a guitar with lots of versatility, though, so make sure to get one that has a humbucker pickup in the bridge position - IIRC the Squier Fat Stratocaster has one.

However, buying anything from Squier's standard range is very hit-and-miss - they're often very good, and often very bad.

This is not the case with Squer's Vintage Modified Series, though - They're a bit more expensive than the standard ones, but they're seriously much better. Maybe you should take a look at the Squier Vintage Modified Statocaster HSS?

Also, Ibanez has great guitars in any price range, but a lot of them have double-locking tremolos, which I wouldn't recommend to a beginner.

Mad Marius
03-14-2011, 10:17 AM
For a beginner, I would recommend an RG-series Ibanez with a fixed bridge. For example an RG321.

Silent Murder
03-14-2011, 10:34 AM
Ibanez are a solid choice.

x_Hezee_x
03-14-2011, 10:36 AM
So far all of these seems really intresting, im gonna have to google them and see what they look like, but keep letting me know a few extra just incase

The^Unforgiven
03-14-2011, 04:13 PM
Also, Ltd has loads of inexpensive guitars.

The LTD H-Series has H-51, H-101, H-351... The M Series has the M-53... the MH-series has the MH-50, MH-100, MH-350...

They're all guitars with humbucker pickups, Stratocaster-style bodies and fixed bridges, and all are -at least in my opinion- they're in the inexpensive price range. Do check out!

ZeGuitarist
03-15-2011, 04:14 AM
Please use this forum for questions regarding the website itself only. There is an Electric Guitar forum that you can use for this topic.
:cheers: