Newbie plz. help

PDA

View Full Version : Newbie plz. help

Excelerate
03-14-2011, 03:16 PM
Hi guys I am new here...I dunno whether it's the right place(forum) to put my question or not...If not then please move this thread to a proper forum...

Well I'm a newbie in guitar...I've searched a lot in the previous 2 or 3 moths for a good cheap electric guitar in the net...After this long search I've selected 2 guitars that I like...

Ibanez RG350EX &
Ibanez XP300

Can you guys please tell me which one I should select from the above 2...The 350 or the 300??..
I want to play any kind of musics especially (metal,rock,blues & jazz)...

& It'll be very helpful if you guys plz. tell me the exact prices of these 2 & what the accessories I'll get free with the guitar...

ShortSpaceWAng
03-14-2011, 03:25 PM
Hey and welcome :)

You should really have put this thread in the Electric Guitar forums

What type of amp do you have or want to get?
You are gonna get most of your sound out of your amp.
And also whats your Budget?
Can you go used?

Excelerate
03-14-2011, 03:40 PM
You should really have put this thread in the Electric Guitar forums
My bad...Admins/Mods plz. move this thread to a proper forum...

What type of amp do you have or want to get?
I don't wanna invest too much in amp...I can invest hardly $100 for the amp...So, a headphone amp. or a 10-15 watt amp. would be enough for me...

And also whats your Budget?
Around $560...Not too much more than that...

Can you go used?
Nope, I want a brand new one...& I prefer a Stratocaster,SG,Ibanez Xiphos or may be a LesPaul type...

ShortSpaceWAng
03-14-2011, 03:42 PM
Well , i dont want to sound pushy or anything like that but you should maybe balance out your budget because a good amp is really important.

But out of the two
Ibanez RG350EX would be the better bet
Ive tried one a couple of times and it was pretty good for those rock and metal tones and really comfy to play and a nice neck on it.

Excelerate
03-14-2011, 03:50 PM
because a good amp is really important.
You are right...But you know I don't have sufficient money now for a better amp....But I can afford one in future...So, I don't want to invest too much for an amp. now...But yeah I've to buy a good one in future...

& thank you very much for the advice :)...

ShortSpaceWAng
03-14-2011, 04:09 PM
no problem :)
Welcome to Ug:P

becareful of pit monkeys ;)

Excelerate
03-16-2011, 03:17 PM
Hello guys thanx for the help...I've just visited to a local guitar shop today & selected the Ibanez RG350EX...I didn't buy it...I'll buy it tomorrow...

But I need another help...I would be grateful if someone could help me in selecting a good amp...My budget is no more than $90...I want to play any type of musics especially Rock,metal ,blues & Jazz...I need all types of features available in an amp. like distortion,compression,equalization,reverb etc...& I want to use it in home only...

So, what amp. should I choose & buy??...Guys plz. help me...

biga29
03-16-2011, 03:37 PM
Peavey Vyper 15 would be your best bet at that price.