Need Help Transitioning from Chorus to Bridge (.gp5/C4C)

PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Transitioning from Chorus to Bridge (.gp5/C4C)

~Shred Hero~
03-23-2011, 12:21 PM
Hello,

I'm working on a song called 'Hear Our Cries' but I don't feel that the transition from the Chorus to the Bridge/Verse is smooth enough and was wondering if you could offer some advice as to how to make it smoother.

Post whatever you would like me to listen to and I will give you my honest opinion as well.

frankibo
03-23-2011, 12:44 PM
Drums help a lot.

Hammett_4
03-23-2011, 12:50 PM
I actually like it that the bridge/intro thing comes back quite 'unsmooth' :p: it somehow fits the song
but maybe you could make a fade out with the strings in the first bar of the bridge as well, like you did with the other instruments, for a little bit smoother transition. And as the other post says, you can also use drums for the transition.
Nice song btw :)

~Shred Hero~
03-23-2011, 01:15 PM
I pretty much suck with drums so I tend do add them last, which I hear generally makes the writing process more difficult.

My drum creativity consists of "Bass Snare Bass Snare" :haha

EDIT: frankibo, do you mind if I use your drum patterns when I record the song? Go with the ole "Hear Our Cries (feat. frankibo)" thang? :p:

frankibo
03-23-2011, 02:20 PM
I pretty much suck with drums so I tend do add them last, which I hear generally makes the writing process more difficult.

My drum creativity consists of "Bass Snare Bass Snare" :haha

EDIT: frankibo, do you mind if I use your drum patterns when I record the song? Go with the ole "Hear Our Cries (feat. frankibo)" thang? :p:

Yeah sure. There's something not quite right about the time signatures in the song though, I feel like 4/4 triplets isn't right, maybe it's in 6/8 or something. Nevermind though, it sounds fine the way it is.

Also those lead solos with delay would be sweet.

~Shred Hero~
03-23-2011, 03:43 PM
Yeah the time signature was in 6/4 when I wrote it which was still pretty weird, so I decided to just go 4/4 triplets. :shrug:

This is pretty much it as of now, I'm going to edit Verse Three by either making it longer or mixing it up because I don't like the transition from V3 to V4 (I feel it seems that V3 ends too soon).

Either way, it wouldn't sound nearly as good without your drums :)

frankibo
03-23-2011, 06:30 PM
Thanks, it was no problem to do.
If you fancy rewriting it in 6/4 I could rewrite the drums much better, it's hard to write in the wrong time signature, it threw the fills off and stuff.
Also it might help you make your transitions smoother and stuff being in the right time sig. It's worth doing. It will also make recording easier, if you don't do it recording will be hard seeing as the drums will sound weird on their own.
I STRONGLY recommend you do it.

Erra93
03-23-2011, 08:05 PM
I really like it :)