i havent posted in this forum for a looong time [GP4/GP5/MIDI]

PDA

View Full Version : i havent posted in this forum for a looong time [GP4/GP5/MIDI]

Carl6661
03-26-2011, 06:14 PM
as the title of this thread (and the GP file) suggests, i haven't posted in here for quite a while. which probably makes this song even more dissapointing, as it's not really any different to stuff i used to post. but oh well, i got bored and knocked this up today. it's by no means a masterpiece, but considering i normally there's 5 or 6 months between me starting a song, and 'finishing' (i dont reaaally believe anything like this ever gets finished, it just gets to a point where you're satisfied with it, or get fed up working on it :haha:.) it, i'm happy with this,

the vocal melody thingy needs finishing, so just mute that if you want. it's only missing in the verses (i think) anyway.

i can do C4C, just please give me a link or something so i can get to your piece and return the critique faster. :)

EDIT - in bar 47, there is a note on the 'Vocal 1' track that is out, that wasn't deliberate. that was just me tapping in the wrong number, sorry. :)

frankibo
03-26-2011, 07:11 PM
Great to see you're back posting songs!
I thought this song was really nice, rather simple and stripped back but the vocal parts were great. The acapella part was a nice touch and the ending was really epic, loved it.
The only section that I have an issue with is the breakdown. It didn't really fit well or do much for me to be honest as a breakdown in it's own right. I'm not sure whether a breakdown is appropriate for this song at all actually and if it is I don't think this is the right breakdown. Just something to think about.
Glad to have you back though.

Carl6661
03-26-2011, 07:24 PM
Great to see you're back posting songs!
I thought this song was really nice, rather simple and stripped back but the vocal parts were great. The acapella part was a nice touch and the ending was really epic, loved it.
The only section that I have an issue with is the breakdown. It didn't really fit well or do much for me to be honest as a breakdown in it's own right. I'm not sure whether a breakdown is appropriate for this song at all actually and if it is I don't think this is the right breakdown. Just something to think about.
Glad to have you back though.

yeah, i agree with that to be honest. it's in there for two reasons at the moment.
a) listening through, it seemed a bit short, i was just trying to find ways to extend it a bit, but i was feeling incredibly lazy about doing so. :haha:
b) i can always copy and paste it into something else when i write a song that better fits it. it was just a stupid ''meh, i'll try it'' thing when it came to extending the piece, and it didn't fit, but i couldn't be bothered to change it, so it's there until i find a better song to put it in. :p:

frankibo
03-26-2011, 07:33 PM
yeah, i agree with that to be honest. it's in there for two reasons at the moment.
a) listening through, it seemed a bit short, i was just trying to find ways to extend it a bit, but i was feeling incredibly lazy about doing so. :haha:
b) i can always copy and paste it into something else when i write a song that better fits it. it was just a stupid ''meh, i'll try it'' thing when it came to extending the piece, and it didn't fit, but i couldn't be bothered to change it, so it's there until i find a better song to put it in. :p:

Haha yeah that's fair enough, it was just very unlike you to have a section like that. It's not that it's bad so definitely put it in another song, it's just that it doesn't feel right. I'm sure you'll find something good to go there though.

Carl6661
03-26-2011, 07:37 PM
Haha yeah that's fair enough, it was just very unlike you to have a section like that. It's not that it's bad so definitely put it in another song, it's just that it doesn't feel right. I'm sure you'll find something good to go there though.

i think it's pretty much because i haven't finished any songs properly in a loooong time, so when this got to a point where it could be considered near completion, i was just looking to extend it a bit and such without really thinking about how it wuld work in this song :haha: i'll give it a few days and do something else in that section most likely :)