Alternative/not really a genre (GP5, GP4, MIDI)

PDA

View Full Version : Alternative/not really a genre (GP5, GP4, MIDI)

poipoi
03-28-2011, 04:45 PM
Hi,
It's my first time posting here, so I don't know how it'll turn out
This is my first long piece I've written, and it incorporates a whole lot of my influences so I can't really put a genre on it.
I'm just curious about what you guys think of it, hopefully I'll learn something out of it (well, that's why I'm posting this here anyway).

Grtz, Poipoi

prevenge178
03-28-2011, 04:56 PM
I would call it alternative rock/grunge

Joshua1207
03-28-2011, 05:59 PM
I like the opening riff, its pretty nice and happy. Then the distortion comes and turns into something I wouldn't expect :p Not that its bad, I just was expecting something more happy. Seems like this would benefit more with vocals since a lot of the beginning is just power chords. I would hope for more variety. The bass brings in some variety at least though. The main power chord riff does start to catchy as it goes on. I like the variety in note duration you use.
Once the the second guitar comes in it starts to go a little bit more mellow and I like that. Also liking the drums better at this point. The new chord progression was a nice change of pace too. I'm not sure if you'd call it a guitar solo or not but the third guitar was a nice touch when it came in and fit perfect. Good transition. I like the guitar solo guitar #2 does also. Nothing too complex, but still cool.
I liked a majority of the song, but it'd be much better with vocals. Keep up the good work though.

If you could critic my song http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1426257