"Best Friend Ever" and "Going down tonight" (Rock) [GP6]

PDA

View Full Version : "Best Friend Ever" and "Going down tonight" (Rock) [GP6]

improof
03-29-2011, 03:13 PM
Hey guys.

Have two new songs here, genre is Punkrock or something like that.
If you haven't got GP6, please write me a pm.
I can send you the songs as MP3 files, with the lyrics in PDF-files ;D

Hope you like it :)

[Edit: Now added the GP5 files. Unfortunately it doesn't added the lyrics right, don't know why...so, if you need, I can give you the PDF ;)]

improof

PS.: And C4C of course.

Joshua1207
03-29-2011, 03:26 PM
You should upload it as gp5 as well since most people don't have guitar pro 6.
Also, you said you can send the files as MP3 files, is that a new feature in GP6? (just wondering since I was thinking of upgrading soon)

improof
03-29-2011, 03:37 PM
you can't export it as mp3, but as wav and then i converted it, cause the file is smaller in mp3 ;)

Christopher S
03-29-2011, 04:28 PM
Dude, its a good song. But the intro acoustic guitar is a 90% replica of "Canon, in D". Seriously, it's the same progression. It sounds good, but it's incredibly close to plagiarism.

Btw; not trying to offend you, just want to make notice.

davyyy
03-29-2011, 04:55 PM
I gotta agree with christopher s up there, its basically the chord change from "canon" with the vocal melody and lyrical ideas from white lion's when the children cry.

improof
03-30-2011, 02:48 PM
wow, I've listened to the song now, but I must say, that I haven't heard it before.
You must know, a member of my band (he's my best friend, too) sang the melody. I showed him "when the children cry" and he also said, that he didn't know and didn't hear the song before.

And trust me, I was as much suprised as you, when I heard it.

Erra93
03-30-2011, 04:31 PM
Haha, have you ever heard Semi-Charmed Life? Listen to the intro to Semi-Charmed Life by Third Eye Blind, then listen to "Best Friend Ever" from bar 8 and on :)
Sounds great though :)

davyyy
03-30-2011, 08:29 PM
I wasnt accusing or anything, I was just pointing out the similarities, I mean its a cool song, but I have a feeling other people might notice that too so you might get in trouble haha.