Nightwalker:Daystalker (metalcore) [GP5]

PDA

View Full Version : Nightwalker:Daystalker (metalcore) [GP5]

lolometer1
04-02-2011, 09:41 AM
i just wrote this on a whim after having a little jam with my guitarist. thought it sounded nice, even if it's a little generic in places.

Tarbosh
04-02-2011, 09:53 AM
Well, it certainly was generic.

Gessu
04-02-2011, 11:07 AM
Generic melodic metalcore... I hate this.

Seb1uk
04-02-2011, 11:40 AM
I actually quite liked the chords in the intro, gave off a nice vibe, regardless of how generic it is. The rest of the song is generic yeah, but I just liked the intro. Some of the little touches to the drums were nice as well like the ride hits in the verse.

MattAnderson111
04-02-2011, 01:51 PM
There is nothing wrong with melodic metalcore, you can use the generic key, you just need to make it sound fresh, it's not impossible either. Look at August Burns Red, good example. They are metalcore as ****, but their riffs sound nothing like any other bands. It's not a bad idea for a song, but it's need is variety. Variety and substance. If you are happy with this, then more power to you. If not, work on it, make the metalcore riffs less generic, make it interesting, clever key changes are always a plus, but don't over do it.

C4C?

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=26832250#post26832250

Phoenix322
04-10-2011, 10:36 PM
There is nothing wrong with melodic metalcore, you can use the generic key, you just need to make it sound fresh, it's not impossible either. Look at August Burns Red, good example. They are metalcore as ****, but their riffs sound nothing like any other bands. It's not a bad idea for a song, but it's need is variety. Variety and substance. If you are happy with this, then more power to you. If not, work on it, make the metalcore riffs less generic, make it interesting, clever key changes are always a plus, but don't over do it.

C4C?

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=26832250#post26832250

They're not your average metalcore band, but most of their riffs aren't really special.

Nemesis@Germany
04-11-2011, 07:45 AM
that thing at.. somewhere in the middle of that solo at the end sounds off.

maybe it's generic, but i dont think i could write stuff like that.
i hope i'm not the only one (nearly) completely unable to write metalcore. :s