Braver - Rock Intro riff (GP5)

PDA

View Full Version : Braver - Rock Intro riff (GP5)

WestOfTheSun
04-12-2011, 04:27 AM
I barely know how to use Guitar pro so I was happy when I got this far with it xD.

Please have a look, its just an intro bit but have a go anyways ^-^

Erra93
04-12-2011, 07:24 AM
I liked it a lot, and it seems like you know about music theory or have previous experience with song writing :)
Bars 5-8 are awesome :)
Meh, everything sounds good actually, if I have more time to analyze it later, I will :)

pinguinpanic
04-12-2011, 08:50 AM
Writing this as I listen:

As the first chord rang, it reminded me of Fall of Troy, I don't know why, but it just did. It's a pretty cool intro, not much more too comment on.

Enjoy Guitar Pro, I think it's a wonderful program for developing ideas, and for sharing them in my band, and I can guarantee you that you won't regret the time that you'll put into it to learn how to put your ideas to paper.

Erra93
04-12-2011, 08:58 AM

As the first chord rang, it reminded me of Fall of Troy, I don't know why, but it just did. It's a pretty cool intro, not much more too comment on.

Enjoy Guitar Pro, I think it's a wonderful program for developing ideas, and for sharing them in my band, and I can guarantee you that you won't regret the time that you'll put into it to learn how to put your ideas to paper.

True! It definitely sounds like Fall of Troy!

WestOfTheSun
04-12-2011, 11:18 PM
Updated, but im not sure if I will keep the next bit in x.x. Ill work with it for now, it feels a little hectic though.

I liked it a lot, and it seems like you know about music theory or have previous experience with song writing :)
Bars 5-8 are awesome :)
Meh, everything sounds good actually, if I have more time to analyze it later, I will :)

Thanks for the reply! Actually, I know nothing about music theory and I'm pretty wet behind the ears when it comes to song writing x.x;; But I try!

FOT haha! Fot aren't really one of my influences but its awesome to be related to them, they have a wonderful style.

MetalCommand
04-14-2011, 07:08 AM
What you have so far is good and all the parts fit well together. Obviously you need to write more sections to extend it into a full song, and add in some bass. It has good potential.

pinguinpanic
04-15-2011, 07:48 AM
What you have so far sounds good, the drums you write are pretty solid as well I must say. But the fast hi-hat at bar 9/10 wasn't really my thing, especially if you loop it with the nonfasthihat piece in between if you get what I'm saying. It's like PSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSSH stop - PSHSPSHSPSHPSHSPH stop. I'd suggest you try writing bass as well, that way you'll be able to write music for like a whole band and can use everything you have to it's fullest.