Getting A Record Player

PDA

View Full Version : Getting A Record Player

Natrtatr
04-13-2011, 08:20 PM
I've been going back and forth on buying a record player. I kinda want to get one but I don't know if it's really something I should do. I already have a huge collection of music so most of the vinyl I would buy would be stuff I already own on ITunes and CDs. I like classic rock, blues, stuff made before I was born. Zeppelin, The Who, Pink Floyd, Clapton, Bob Dylan, all that sort of stuff. Should I get one? I have the money for it, I kinda want one, but I dunno if its really all that smart of a thing to do.
Sorry if I put this in the wrong place. Didn't really know where to put it.
Thanks

BK202
04-13-2011, 08:35 PM
If you feel like you need one/have money to blow and would be interested in vinyl, then get it.

If not, buy something better.

blue_strat
04-13-2011, 08:41 PM
What stereo setup have you got?

joshaxtell
04-22-2011, 02:46 AM
get it you wont regret it , its my favourite format to play ,usic on , the whole thing is an event getting up to change to a b-side , switching from 33rpm to 45rpm for a single it just makes you feel more involved in the process of the music being played and the artwork always seems better when its on a 12" + second hand record shops are possably the coolest places on earth

Natrtatr
04-25-2011, 08:46 PM
Ya I've decided I'll get one. What else am I going to need? What sort of steroes and stuff? And any recommandations on what sort of record player to get? I'm willing to spend some money but not too much. Something maybe midway. Something decent, not a piece of crap but not something really really nice either.