"Horizons Below" [*.gp5/*.gp4/*.mid]

PDA

View Full Version : "Horizons Below" [*.gp5/*.gp4/*.mid]

Rokkstar
04-14-2011, 11:30 AM
IMPORTANT! If you like my material, please go "Like" my Facebook fan page (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dustin-Daigle/143989382322257?sk=wall) to keep updated with my music and to receive immediate updates when tracks are out. This will also help me see how many people like my music... :) Thanks

I was finally able to get a hold of a computer that would support the use of Guitar Pro 5, a friend let me use it. And this is something I'd been hoping to have gotten written for the longest time. It's unfinished dynamically and structurally because I do not have a computer with GP5 on it anymore. You can tell it's a bit lacking. Just minorly in a few areas. Tell me what you guys think. Crit4crit when I get my computer back. :) PM your pieces into my ... PMs... :)

Breyd
04-14-2011, 12:40 PM
Good job,i give this 8/10.
Only thing i didn't like was the synth/keys/whatever made the guitars disappear at times,at least that's what i thought.
Drums/guitars are great,solo is good,this will kick some serious a** with vocals(if you put vocals) when complete.Well done :peace:

EDIT:It also needs a better ending,i think.

Rokkstar
04-14-2011, 01:22 PM
Good job,i give this 8/10.
Only thing i didn't like was the synth/keys/whatever made the guitars disappear at times,at least that's what i thought.
Drums/guitars are great,solo is good,this will kick some serious a** with vocals(if you put vocals) when complete.Well done :peace:

EDIT:It also needs a better ending,i think.
If by disappearing you mean become less creative, that's the point. I tried to make sure the music becomes diverse in the sense of multiple instruments working together to create something better than just a four piece band. And there are clean vocals provided as an Oboe (see Track 1), however I did not include the lyrics besides the placeholder for them.

As for the ending, I kinda see what you mean... It's going to get a makeover eventually... So might the chorus, but it seems good the way it is...

The biggest thing I see with this piece is measure 112-114 the transition... And a few incorrect harmonizing notes in some of the guitar work. But I can't really do much to it right now until I get the opportunity to return to his house. :P