Go On (Indie-Rock C4C)

PDA

View Full Version : Go On (Indie-Rock C4C)

Joshua1207
04-17-2011, 11:15 PM
I quite like this song of mine. I made it over the past few days. The only part that I don't really like is bar 30-36, but those will probably get rewritten some day. I originally had the song ending at bar 56 but I added a bit to it, I like it. The drums kind of get messy at the end, but eh.
Anyways, tell me what you think of it. Critic for critic.

EDIT: I rewrote bars 31-36, sounds much better now, at least in my opinion.

Lacunallica
04-20-2011, 01:50 PM
I checked it out it's simple, but it's pretty damn good.
Not my style.
but hey, Its good which is what counts.
I like how the drums and bass take a back seat, to make a mellow chill out tune. :)
The only thing i don't like is the single picked notes in the middle, I think they sound out of place.

Joshua1207
04-21-2011, 02:43 PM
I rewrote bars 31-36, sounds much better now, at least in my opinion.

Also thanks to the above comment. Could you be specific on what single picked notes in the middle? Are you talking about every time its not a chord or is there a specific part? lol.

Mean Mr Mustard
04-22-2011, 03:32 PM
Intro - Very interesting intro, liked how you repeated the 3 bars, it was a little funky, I dont see that often. I dont know if you wrote it in RSE or what, but the guitar is so high, and I can barely hear the drums and bass. And when I turned them up, the drums didnt really much for me. They sound really random, and I think some more simplistic beats would work rather nicely here. The bass was fine though.

Bar 13 - again, drums could have this section turn out much better, a beat would help a alot, because the guitar itself isnt quite enough.

Bar 21 - Loved this section, nice use of a strange time signature but still making it sound like its very natural.

Bar 36 - felt off to me. that 6th fret note felt off to me, you were using a D in the bar before and now its a D#, felt off. Bar 38 was also really weird. I liked the first half of the song much better, before it got a little experimental. Then again, a decent rhythm section could help make it much more bearable. The chromatics in bar 61 was pretty off too.

Bar 69 - this was much better, still dont like the drums though, but reminds me of Vampire Weekend.

Overall, its a decent song, but it definitely needs a better rhythm section. If the bass and drums were reworked and turned up in the mix, it could have been so much better. But its a nice shell of a song, except for those few parts towards the end, they were too much for me.

Could you C4C some of my pop-punk songs? They'rehere (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1434819)

Joshua1207
04-22-2011, 06:20 PM
I always write in RSE. I dunno if its the headphones I'm using but the drums sounded (volume wise) fine to me. But yeah, I'm not a drummer at all so I'm not the best at writing drums. The section at bar 21 is my favorite part of the song too.
Thanks for the critic though, should be helpful.