Crust Punxors (GP5, GP4, C4C and all that jazz)

PDA

View Full Version : Crust Punxors (GP5, GP4, C4C and all that jazz)

CG Man16
04-23-2011, 09:11 PM
Just one short song with a tinge of black metal :cheers:

Only guitar on account of me being no good at drums.

fleajr_1412
04-24-2011, 05:32 AM
It was pretty good, but for the first half of the song or so it gets a little repetetive with the chords. The chord sequence itself is fine, but maybe change up the rhythms so it doesn't get too stagnant?

I think it could turn out to be a great song with the addition of other instruments, keep going!

dillonrips7
04-26-2011, 01:14 PM
I'm gonna be honest, I've never heard a crust song before, so I can't compare this with anything else. But I thought it sounded pretty cool. The main riff's rhythm is a bit too repetitive imo, I think it would sound sick if you extend the palm muted riff in measure 20 a few more measures, sounds more intense imo, and you should also tremelo pick the main riff at measure 21, maybe put a harmony on it, show a bit more bm influence. Thats just me though, I really don't know this style at all, so if thats kinda ruining the song, my bad. Cool song though

CG Man16
04-26-2011, 01:29 PM
Thanks guys.

Regarding the repetitive thing, I think it's going to sound better with a whole band/vocals, just gotta wait and see. ^ I was gonna put a harmony(ish) thing in, but I couldn't make one up, I'll give it another try when I put the other instruments in, maybe even give it a slow section.