pop punk

PDA

View Full Version : pop punk

-tempest-
04-26-2011, 12:27 AM
lil pop punk song i wrote, its a short piece like 1:40 seconds haha. tell me what you think?

gabrielcev
04-26-2011, 09:28 PM
This is not so good. Sounds stale not really unique... Just bunch of powerchords and octaves. Sounds generic. You need to step outside the box. Dont be afraid to step outside the box and try some different stuff.

herby190
04-26-2011, 09:44 PM
I don't think I agree with Gabrielcev's viewpoint; I actually like it. However, I think the drums need to be redone.

gabrielcev
04-26-2011, 10:09 PM
I don't think I agree with Gabrielcev's viewpoint; I actually like it. However, I think the drums need to be redone.

Its ok at best... Im not saying its bad its very good... but it wont get you anywhere because theres so much better...

Erra93
04-27-2011, 07:15 AM
Gives me a Title Fight-vibe and it's one of my favorite bands, good job, the drums could use some work though as herby190 stated :)

frankibo
04-27-2011, 07:56 AM

I've seen some awful drums in songs on this forum but these aren't bad at all... they're actually alright (except for the use of 44 instead of 42 in the middle section, no one can pedal hi hat that fast).

I didn't think it was really generic or boring, I actually liked it quite a lot, well done.

herby190
04-27-2011, 08:03 AM
I've seen some awful drums in songs on this forum but these aren't bad at all... they're actually alright (except for the use of 44 instead of 42 in the middle section, no one can pedal hi hat that fast).

I didn't think it was really generic or boring, I actually liked it quite a lot, well done.There's way too much of the snare being used on the 1 and 3.

frankibo
04-27-2011, 08:59 AM
There's way too much of the snare being used on the 1 and 3.

It's upbeat pop punk, it's usually like that.

-tempest-
04-28-2011, 10:34 AM
it was my first song in this genre and im not a great drummer so whatever haha. i figured id try something new, thanks for the tips and everything else(im usually writing heavier music). hopefully the next one won't be so mehh.

EDIT: apperently this midi track likes to speed up and the end :confused: haha