Worship (atmospheric indie)

PDA

View Full Version : Worship (atmospheric indie)

rage__against10
04-26-2011, 05:17 AM
Thought i throw this up here cause i haven't heard much indie stuff on these forums.
just something i through together to wake up to t.b.h
let me know what you think, C.4.C

Madzää
04-28-2011, 04:17 PM
I quite liked this, reminded me a little bit of this 90s shoegaze sound at times, Swervedriver and such, and of TPOBPAH and LUDGF. This was very well executed overall, I liked the tension the D chord created at times. Very mellow ending to the song, a great and very happy feeling, something which is not found very often in this forum. I like your work, you should definitely post more of your work.

Joshua1207
04-28-2011, 10:20 PM
I like the way you used the piano in the intro. Pretty mellow. You used the delay pretty well too. I wish there was more music like this in this forum. The only real problem is the song is too repetitive. Once you get to bar 65 you're like finally lol. I was expecting the song to be a bit longer considering that huge build up. Didn't like the ending too much with just that bass drum.

Overall, decent song. I love indie music so its nice to get some more of that in here. Song would benefit with vocals (obviously), and not being so repetitive, but some indie-genres are like that so yeah. But with only two real sections a lot of people will find this boring. Try to expand on the song and I'll relisten :p

Anyways, if you could return the favor and critic the song I posted on the 11th post http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1435550
If you want to critic the ones in the OP too feel free to, but I got enough critics from just those few that I'm content with you only criticizing the last song.

hriday_hazarika
04-29-2011, 06:08 AM
Very enjoyable, but the ending was unsatisfactory.

HappyGilmore899
04-29-2011, 12:09 PM
Definitely has an Explosions In The Sky type vibe going on even down to the drum track. I personally loved it and the overall mood set by the track was rather uplifting. Simplistic but the layering was brilliant and interaction between each instrument track was spot on. I feel this would make a great Lead Track on an EITS type Modern-Post Rock album for sure, Especially with the Drum Beat at the outro (Leading into a nice epic track). Definitely a keeper and something that would be nice to hear properly recorded one day.

If you can, I've got a new track ->http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1436593 -< If you could give some feedback, i'd definitely appreciate it.

rage__against10
04-30-2011, 04:14 AM
yeah, this song didn't really have an ending and because it was so repetitious I decided to just use it as a title track as someone suggested lol. But thank you all for your feedback - much appreciated! and i really had no idea people wanted to hear indie/ambient music on here so much. Ive been hesitant to post music on the forums for fear of it being stolen or ripped off - but i went ahead and posted ONE more for people to listen to - its called We Become - check it out