Kurt Cobain

PDA

View Full Version : Kurt Cobain

cippo
04-26-2011, 07:03 AM
Im sick of people praising him. He WAS ****ing awesome but notice the emphasis on WAS??? he's dead now let him rest in peace he doesn't need all this eulogy.

CreepingDeath13
04-26-2011, 07:05 AM
http://www.tobascodagama.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/wahmbulance.jpg

SilverSpurs616
04-26-2011, 07:07 AM
Im sick of people praising him. He WAS ****ing awesome but notice the emphasis on WAS??? he's dead now let him rest in peace he doesn't need all this eulogy.

Because they liked him, and he is immortalised through his music so people will continue to like him.

Personally, I can't stand the cocksucker.

hightension01
04-26-2011, 07:14 AM
Personally, I can't stand the cocksucker.
+1

Sk8erpunq
04-26-2011, 07:24 AM
Exegi monumentum aere perennius

reglalique situ pyramidum altius,

quod non imber edax, non aquilo impotens

possit diruere aut innumerabilis

5 annorum series et fuga tempoum.

Non omnis moriar multaque pars mei

vitabit Libitinam; usque ego postera

crescam laude recens, dum Capitolium

scandet cum tacita virgine pontifex.

10 Dicar, qua violens obstrepit Aufidus

et qua pauper aquae Daunus agrestium

regnavit poplulorum, ex humili potens,

princeps Aeolium carmen ad Italos

deduxisse modos. Sume superbiam

15 quaesitam meritis et mihi Delphica

lauro cinge volens, Melpomene, comam.

~Horace

5fdp
04-26-2011, 07:24 AM
my brother was a huge Nirvana fan, so growing up i heard a ton of it. Im not such the fan but the guy did have talent and at least he didn't follow the trend. There's way too much of that these days.

gibson2481girl
04-26-2011, 07:26 AM
As a musician i think he did alright, if anything a little over rated but as i read more stuff about his personality, the more i hated him. He had the biggest ego and theres nothing worse then a cocky guitarist. My opinion, most people thought he was a great guy because of his music and not his personality. People these days don't appreciate the personality that comes with the artist.

Woffelz
04-26-2011, 07:38 AM
Judging him as a guitar player, he wasn't that great. I like some of his Nirvana music though.

Lambal
04-26-2011, 07:54 AM
As a musician i think he did alright, if anything a little over rated but as i read more stuff about his personality, the more i hated him. He had the biggest ego and theres nothing worse then a cocky guitarist. My opinion, most people thought he was a great guy because of his music and not his personality. People these days don't appreciate the personality that comes with the artist.
Totally agree with this. I even read somewhere he tried to rape a girl once, and judging from what i've read he was so influenced by courtney that if she'd say aliens excisted he would write a song about it stating it as truth so to say.
Also things like not caring about anything except when he was high and being an avid satanist count for me. (not that i really believe in satan but that's second.)
However, his guitar playing and singing had such a sick edge, most guitar players would kill for that (this is also what chuck berry said) .
This comes from a former (and still a bit) nirvana fan.

Shawnzy
04-26-2011, 08:51 AM
Its just a mindset I think really. The band as a whole was really talented and they could have become even better. Its just a shame it didnt happen. But in return the world was given Foo Fighters